Dr. Bryan Friedmann - Comprehensive Ocular Care

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Bryan Friedmann - Comprehensive Ocular Care

Very good Doctor and is very understanding . I highly recommend him to everyone 👍

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

Thank you, Dr. Friedmann, for helping my mother-in-law with her eyes. You are a kind spirited and wonderful man! MH

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

I had an eye examination by Dr. Bryan Friedmann, and I like the idea that he took notes and answered my questions well, and also asked good questions. He does not pressure you in any way.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

I had Lasik surgery in Vancouver so the clinic referred me to Dr. Friedmann for all my follow up visits. He was fun and made sure I understood exactly what changes I could expect so there were no surprises or worries about my healing. Everyone in my family now sees him and he is one of the best eye doctors I have ever been to and highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Dr. Bryan has the rare ability to blend a personal touch with a professional manner! I greatly appreciate how he explains each aspect of his examination procedure.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Wonderful experience- calming, educational, engaging from booking the appointment to leaving the office. I have and will continue to recommend dr Friedman

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

I, my teen son and my older mother all see Dr. Friedmann at the Esquimalt Optical store. Quirky, friendly, extremely clear in his communication and very patient while ensuring my mom understood everything he was saying. I highly recommend him to all and those who have gone to see him after hearing about him from me, have all come back with many thanks for the tip.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Our entire family had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Friedmann in his home/office clinic in Cordova Bay when we were tested for the first time. It is obvious that he is a dedicated professional. He explained every test, even to our kids, and used "layman" terms and other examples to help them, and us, understand the why and how of the testing. He is also very knowledgeable about glasses/lenses on the market BUT doesn't sell them. We really appreciated this because there was no pressure to purchase glasses. He wrote up the prescription for us and told us that we were able to purchase glasses/lenses anywhere we wanted. Even after the appointment, (this was my first time with glasses) I needed further clarification to understand our prescription as I was getting conflicting information and the costs were questionable at times. Lesley, the front desk assistant, was amazing at returning my emails promptly and explaining the different options available and the large difference in costs. This was a great first experience with an optometrist here in BC and we will continue to recommend him to all our friends and family. Both Dr. Friedmann & Lesley are passionate about their work and it shows in every detail. Thank-you again, you make a great team!! Nansy & Massimo Marsiglia & Family

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

My family and I have been going to Dr. Friedmann for over 20 years now. He always attended to us with kindness, respect, professionalism... and a bit of humour, too. He was particularly helpful when it came to a medical issue my senior mother had with her eyes. He took care of it promptly and his diagnosis was bang on! We particularly appreciate the fact that he does not sell glasses. We trust Dr. Friedmann implicitly, and have recommended him to our friends, who also now love him.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

Been going to Dr. Friedmann for years. He is tremendous and really make sure you understand the health of your eyes

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

Dr. Bryan Friedmann - Comprehensive Ocular Care's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Bryan Friedmann received his Bachelor of Science degree, with distinction, from Brock University in 1985. He went on to pursue his Doctor of Optometry degree at the University of Waterloo and graduated in 1989. He has worked as an optometrist in Victoria since then. Dr. Friedmann practices out of his home office in Cordova Bay, and he also sees patients out of Shelbourne Optical and Esquimalt Optical. In addition to examining patients in these locations, Dr. Friedmann is also equipped to conduct comprehensive ocular and vision examinations for non-mobile patients residing in hospitals, nursing homes, and private homes. His practice is mostly focused on providing comprehensive ocular health and vision care. He believes that his patients come first! For this reason, Dr. Friedmann has maintained an unbiased non-dispensing practice since he began private practice, and his patients trust that he has their best interests at heart. As an experienced doctor specializing in the diagnosis, treatment and management of many eye conditions such as glaucoma, cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, retinal detachments, and macular degeneration, Dr. Friedmann takes the time to listen carefully to the concerns of each patient. His patients often comment on how kind, gentle and thorough his exams are. They particularly appreciate the effort Dr. Friedmann takes to use layman terms to communicate his findings in a clear and simple way. Dr. Friedmann loves being involved in his community. He has volunteered in Baseball Little League and continues to donate a substantial amount of time as a Scouts Canada leader. He is currently a speaker for the Canadian Diabetes Association. Dr. Friedmann enjoys the outdoors, tries to play the guitar, and is a devout reader. He has four children and this keeps him young! He enjoys educating his patients about his findings and the options open to them. He also loves to hear a good joke from his patients.

• Brock University
  • School of Optometry and Vision Science, University of Waterloo

• Holistic Eye Health
  • Mobile Hospital / Home Ocular Health
  • Mobile Hospital / Home Vision Care

• Duke of Edinburgh Gold Level Award (1985)
  • Various Scouting awards