Ratings for Dr. Colin A. Scher

I absolutely love going to see Dr Scher. He is an amazin optamologist. My mom started taking me there when I was 8yrs old and I've never switched. I've moved out of town , and still go back when it's time for my check up. He dedicates his time to explaining whats going on so that I can understand, Even when I was a child he spoke to me the same way. I think it's great.This way the child knows whats going on with their eyes as well. I wouldn't change my doctor for anyone. Keep up the good work Dr Scher!!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

I can't say enough good things about Dr Scher. He has cared for my son for the last 15+years beginning with when he was only 1 week old. Yes, there are times when he is busy... Drs are very busy people. He always gives my son his most concentrated attention and guides us through all the challenges we have experienced. There have been many "emergencies" in my child's young life. His eye surgeries # too many to count. Dr Scher is not always the dr to care for him but has referred us to many specialists and always keeps up on the status of his care. We look forward to each time we visit him. Thank you very much Dr Scher and thank you to your dedicated staff!!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012

Dr. Scher has been our son's doctor for the 3 years he has had Type 1 diabetes. Dr. Scher has always taken the time to talk with our son directly and encourage him to care for his diabetes in order to prevent eye complications. He was highly recc. by not only our pediatrician but a friend who is a pediatrician in the area. He may be hard to get in to see in North County as he sees patients in multiple locations. We have no complaints.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2011

This doctor is arrogant, and he is a pompous ass! This doctor has NO bedside manners, especially with my four year old son. The staff is very unhelpful, and wanted to charge $25 for two pages of my son's medical records (so that I can get a second opinion). I will never recommend this doctor to any parents in San Diego! It is a shame that he is associated with Rady. Never go to this doctor if you can avoid it! You will not be happy! His office is like a mill. Your child will not get any personal attention from this jerk!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

Only reason I went to this doctor was because my child's Pediatrician recommended him. He spent less than 2 minutes with my child. He is supposed to be a good Pediatric Ophthalmologist. Most of the work was done by his nurses, and he just glanced over the results. There was no explanation, and just an order to make a follow up appointment. He summarily dismissed my concerns. His bedside manner sucks! He has no personality to be a Pediatric Ophthalmologist. On the other hand, he sounded knowledgeable. While I am not a medical doctor (just a Ph.D. in Nuclear Engineering), I was treated like a dimwit for asking simple questions. Hell, I found out more about my child's condition from Google! I would not recommend this physician.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2011

Dr. Colin A. Scher's Credentials

• Univ Of Cape Town, Fac Of Med, Cape Town, So Africa (Grad. 1977)