Dr. John Poon

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. John Poon

Shocked I didn't see Dr. Poon in the first place. Probably the most insightful optometrist's in Victoria, and will be going to him from now on. His technology is far beyond anyone else in the city and learned stuff I didn't know because of lack of equipment at other places. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

Dr. Poon is very knowledgeable. H is kind, caring, has time for you. He has helped me with my severe dry eye, my glaucoma and my cataracts. He has recommended drops for my severe dry eye that neither pharmacists or other doctors were able to help me with. He is there in the best interest of his patients.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2018

Dr. Poon was excellent, he gave me more information than any other optometrist I have ever had and he was very caring to actually help me get proper contacts since I've always struggled with them. I would highly recommend going to see him and his very kind staff.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2018

I recently returned to the care of Dr. Poon and couldn't be more pleased! He is an EXCEPTIONAL eye doctor. He had previously been my optometrist about ten years ago in Courtenay, and when I was experiencing difficulties being fitted with new contacts due to a challenging prescription, I decided to return to Dr. Poon's care. So, my husband drove me down to Victoria from Campbell River for an appointment. Where others could not resolve my eye problems, Dr. Poon demonstrated that he is a bit of a miracle worker! He got me seeing again with distinct, precise and clear vision! I couldn't be happier. He is extremely knowledgeable and has in his office the latest in technological equipment, which provided me with a better idea regarding the health of my retinas and they can now be monitored. I highly recommend Dr. Poon. He is a friendly, kind, caring, knowledgeable professional who is determined to provide the best care to his patients. His office staff are professional, efficient and very friendly. As if that wasn't enough of a reason to choose him, he has also become a teaching optometrist and mentors medical students in his practice. I highly recommend you to choose Dr. Poon as your optometrist - you will not be disappointed! He and his staff earn a solid 5-star rating from me!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2018

I’ve been wearing glasses for 20+ years and I’ve never had a more thorough and thoughtful Optomotrist! His knowledge of optical needs blew me away! I highly recommend Dr. Poon!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2018

Just moved here with my family last year from Ottawa, and Dr. Poon is the BEST eye doctor by far! So friendly and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2018

Genuinely impressed by my latest visit to Dr. Poon's office. He truly went above and beyond - not only was my eye test top notch but he also took the time to get to know me, offered me a Rice Krispie treat, and worked with my budget as a student. Not once did I feel like he was trying to upsell me. Also the most reasonable rates in town according to my own research! They have the latest Optomaps retinal imaging system. The staff were very friendly as well. Overall a very pleasant visit!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2018

Before I left my last eye doc who could never seem to get my contact lens prescriptions right, I asked my friends who was a great eye doc in Victoria? Most of them said Doctor Poon! I am so very happy that I found him! For the first time ever, after trying about 20 different contact lens prescriptions for my bifocal needs, he brought me to 20/20 vision with contacts. He has a super camera that can see signs of impending issues like thinning retina areas, gave me tests I have never had anywhere else and takes the time to explain what they mean and what to watch for. His staff are extremely professional and I am impressed with the fact that he runs his office as a teaching academy as well for intern optometrists. Excellent optometrist. Best I have had.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2018

Both my husband and myself are patients of Dr. Poon and cannot recommend him highly enough. He is thorough, knowledgeable, has the latest equipment and is so polite and respectful. We feel we are in very good hands in this clinic!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

I would recommend Dr. Poon to all of my friends and family. He is thorough and very professional. He takes the time to explain what changes have occurred since my last visit, and what changes to watch out for.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

Dr. John Poon's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Mandarin