Ratings for Dr. Herbert Domke

One of the best! Dr, Domke never fails to address each and every medical issue with speed and knowledge.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Dr. Domke has been my physician for several years now and I have always received excellent care from him. He is never hurried and very thorough when looking into any health problem. He truly listens to what you have to say and takes a strong consultative approach to medicine. I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Dr Domke is an amaxing Dr. He truly listens to the patient and does his best to help you through your physical and mental problems. He truly does care!!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Dr. Domke was my childhood doctor for many year, until my mother changed Doctors. Over the last few years I have been fortunate to have him back as my Doctor again. A spectacular Doctor and a great office! I am so pleased he accepted me back as a patient.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

His bedside manners can be somewhat rude. He has "tunnel vision" if you will, never thinks outside the box for alternative medicine. His one and only staff member Maria is very pleasant and helpful at all times. Herbert's been my doctor since I was a child. I've had a shoulder injury several years ago, he kept insisting that I get cortisone injections for "temporary relief" of pain. That never worked. I did my own research on cortisone injections, and found out that it actually does MORE tissue damage in the end result. I asked Herbert about alternative medicine, and he fell asleep on me! Later, he had said, that "eventually your supraspinatus will blow out and you WILL need surgery". Went to Synergy to see Dr. Jamie Grimes, and the results were incredible, no surgery or cortisone injections and my shoulder is 100 % better! Also the wait times are incredibly long, anywhere from the bare minimum of 45 minutes to over an hour. If you plan on sitting there...word of advice...bring a hemorrhoid cushion, you'll be there a while.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Dr. domke is perhaps the best doctor I have experienced and I come from Montreal where some of the best doctors in the world practice. He has actually saved my life by having tests run quickly as he contacts those who run the tests. He takes time with me in explaining in detail what is happening and doesn't give you just the 15 minute allotment time set by our ridiculous government but can spend up to 30 minutes with you because he CARES! I think he is the best and most informed doctor in Victoria if not BC. Thank you Dr Domke for taking good care of me all these years! Sue Palmer

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

Very uninterested in finding out what really is ailing you and/or unknowleageable in medicine. I had to do my own research as what he said was: " I am not sure what to do or what specialist to send you to" If you tell him what drugs do you want he will readilly prescribe them...but don't expect medical solution/help here. Very hard to communicate with, does not remember your name, let alone your medical diagnosis and history.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Thankfully, this doctor helped us with our parents after many years of poor care elsewhere and continues to be very thorough in assessing their health status. He is a no-nonsense, practical doctor who gets to the point of the issue by carefully analyzing and testing before coming to conclusions. So glad we found him!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2012

We have lived in several countries in Europe, US and Australia. Domke is the best GP we have had. He has vast experience and actually seems to be motivated by providing care rather than money. However I doubt if he would be very tolerant of malingerers or patients who self-diagnose from the internet. His assistant, Maria, is highly professional and helpful.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

After searching for a long time for a family Dr. in Victoria I finally got took on by Dr.Domke. I went to him about a back injury I sustained at work 6 months prior. He was unhelpful with Wcb issues and overall treatment. I saw him once a month for 5 months or so. He misdiagnosed me which left me in exstrsiating pain for a long time. he also wasn't on time with appointments, sometimes waiting 2 hrs or more. I saw him for no more than 5 min for our appointments. He was always very rushed and seemed anoid with me. He never gave me a overall physical when he first took me on. Very forgetful about my condition, and worst of all he treated me like a junkie for asking for pain relief. I am a 31 year old, very healthy otherwise and have never taken anything more than a tylenol for pain. I would leave his office sometimes in tears of neglect and frustration. I went to this man for help. Instead I have endured months of pain and no help what so ever toward my medical issues. Waste of time.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2011