Ratings for Dr. Daniel Zur

Dr. Zur is mellowing with age. He seems more relaxed and caring than 10 years ago. My husband thinks he's great. Love the new location, free parking. Joanne is always amazing. New receptionist is a sweetheart.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2012

Have been a patient for 15 years. My problems are always taken seriously-usually within one visit I have the appropriate solution. Have seen many complaints that patients are told exercise will solve their problems-did you ever think that that might be the solution? Being overweight causes many ill health effects. Personnally I wouldn't want a doctor that overprescribes because then problems are just masked. I agree that the old receptionist was a bit cool. Joanne is totally awesome-she is great with our daughter. He took me on when I didn't have a doctor and also later when my husband had a problem which was later diagnosed as cancer. Have never had a problem getting physio or referrals. I always get an appointment within 2 days. I am really surprised that these other comments are even refering to to the same doctor. I find Dr. Zur knowledgeable, friendly and professional. My family feels comfortable seeing him and confident in his abilities and that is what matters.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2012

I and my family have gone to Dr. Zur for 15 years. My father is a retired MD and went to see him when he was in for a holiday and having trouble with his cancer medication. He found him very knowledgeable. Joanne is great and now that they have new office staff, they are much better. I recomended him and his staff highly.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2011

Been a patient of his for probably 20 years. Would have left a long time ago if doctor availability was better and if Joanne wasn't his assistant. Generally some what incompetent in diagnosing unless the condition is obvious. Went to him with ear pain and difficulty in hearing and his advice was not to stick cu-tips in my ears. Finally sent me to see Joanne and she flushed a wax plug from my ear for instant relief and commented than I seem to have very tight ear canals. On an other occasion was experiencing pain in my hands and arms. He asked me what I did (computer work) and simply filled out an workman's comp form and told me it was carpel tunnel and to live with it. After the pain got worst over 18 months he finally agreed to send me to a physio therapist who on my 2nd appointment asked if I ever had a neck x-ray. After she arranged this turned out the issue was a degenerative disk in my neck which she was able to address over a 12 week session totally eliminating my pain. Giant Dud

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

Dr. Zur is not helpful or knowledgeable and makes you feel like whatever you talk to him is all in your head. I hate when I'm sick enough to have to go to him because I know I'll just end up coming out upset and with no solutions to my problem. He gives crap solutions to problems and hates referring to specialists.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2011

He is an incompetent diagnostician. Please read the other negative characteristics, they all have a thread. The positive ones seem to migrate to Joanne. Her compassion is a reflection of his incompetence and she knows it ~ it's in her eyes. He does not like to refer because he can't diagnose. He told my daughter it was all in her head. Luckily, I have medical family members that worked to get her the proper referral and she is being taken serously and not scoffed at. Is he lazy or incompetent? I fear that he will eventually kill someone because of his apathy. Moral: if you are ill, seek a real doctor, if you are healthy, see a real doctor. Run and run fast from this imitation. I need not say more.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2010

I left my previous doctor for Dr. Zur and couldn't be happier about it. He and Joanne are an awesome team. He is obviously a busy person, but never makes you feel rushed or unwelcomed. I agree the receptionist can be rude, but she isn't who you are there to see. Nobody has perfect reviews. I received my referral for an OB within days. He is organized, personable, friendly and smart. No complaints from me or my family!!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2010

18 years he is kind and nice and always happy but it does scare me with what these other people are saying. Overall I think he's a good doctor and my mom thinks so as well. :)

flag | Submitted May 11, 2010

I agree with all the rest. The receptionist makes you feel as though you are on trial all the time. I like Joanne, and I like that he doesn't overperscribe, but sometimes it would be nice to not have to be on a death-bed to get a test done. I was even told once that "sometimes people just get pain there". For no reason at all???

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

everything is lose weight, stop smoking... he diagnosed me at Bipolar ( ifeel I just have moderate to high depression) put me on 900 mg of Lithium a day which causes severe fatigue, and rufused to sign my disability papers......Also i have been having severe back pain since 2001 due to a car accident and an injury at work he tolld me to get over it and lose weight . I was refused to get in the army for my back issues they wanted me to have surgery before they could send me for training.... he didn't even acknowledge my pain.....that secretary is something else, she treats my sister and I awful and also my sisters kids. **** i'd like to slap her, i even complained to the dr. He just said yeah she is rudew isn't she then nothing....

flag | Submitted September 23, 2009