Ratings for Dr. Martin Model

Look, I don't judge others, and I'm always in a good mood, so I expect the same in return. Being VERY late aside, this man, is arrogant, sexist, displacent,and flat out rude. He does not listen, and is VERY unhelpful. I had to bring my father with me just for him to listen, and then he would turn around and talk to him instead of me. I have many defects, disorders, diseases, and disabilities, and he's convinced himself nothing is wrong with me. Even the things that are genetic that he has confirmed the diagnosis of. The only thing he has EVER been good about is refilling prescriptions, but even if I asked for a blood test for something I had 75% of the symptoms for! Everytime I went in there he told me to take an Advil, as if it was a magical pill or something. The receptionists were the only good part of going there. We can only thank Jesus for Dr. Klopper.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

Our family doctor for 30+ years now.Our 3 children, myself and my wife have depended on Dr. Model and have always been more than satisfied with his service. For the people who whine about slow service, maybe they should try visiting a specialist in Victoria or even worse one in Vancouver where a wait of 45 minutes to an hour-and-a half is not unusual. Dr. Model is a very kind, caring man who takes the time to listen to his patients and knows when to refer them to a doctor with more specialized knowledge. We hope he never retires!!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

Very friendly and personable and he orders whatever tests I ask for, but he knows nothing about my condition and is unwilling to exert himself to go learn anything new. Not even able to suggest referrals or places to look, just smiles and says "sorry I can't help you."

flag | Submitted May 30, 2009

very knowledgeable in the product.likeable,friendly, family ,MD.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2008

Dr. Model is never on time. Minimun wait is 1/2 hour to 45 minutes for every appointment.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2008

My doctor for 24 years and he is the very best. Kind, attentive and understanding.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2008

Dr Model is the best! I have always been impressed with his thoughtful kind nature. When I had back issues, he really went to bat for me and found a surgeon willing to perform a second back surgery. This made the life I have possible...my job, my family, my day to day living, my passions (hockey and golf). He has always gone the extra mile to make sure care provided is excellent.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2008

I love Dr. Model, he is a fantastic doctor. He has a way of making everything seem Ok. He is perfect for me. I agree, he runs behind. However, I belive this is because he spends the time that is needed which each patient. I think a good doctor runs late. I have been to other Doctors and they have me in and out so fast, but theres no quality there. I never feel rushed with Model. I always call to see if hes running behind, that way I dont need to wait so long in the waiting room. I will be sad when Model retires.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2007

Wonderful doctor. I had him as my doctor from the time I was 4 until I moved away at 19. There was never anything too small and you could call on him any time.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2007

Dr. Model is chronically late for all my appointments. Once in a while is acceptable but not all the time. I would hope that he reads this and understands that this waiting is unacceptable. A number of other patients have commented on this as well so he should take advice from his patients if he wants to keep them.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2007