Ratings for Dr. Sherri Hancock

Dr. Hancock was my Aunts doctor. she missed the fact that my Aunt had cancer and didn't catch it until my Aunt was stage 4. If this doctor had listened to my Aunt who had gone through menopause 10 years prior to complaining about bleeding my Aunt may still be with us.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

By far the worst licensed "professional" I've ever dealt with. I had the displeasure of meeting this monster at VGH. I've never been treated so rudely and with such disrespect by someone I just met. She made me cry repeatedly and her nurses were unbelievably cruel and condescending. This being said, I too am a nurse and would never treat anyone the way I was treated during my 5 day stay. Disgusting!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

I cannot believe some of the negative reviews here -- did we see the same doctor? I found Dr. Hancock to be caring and reassuring, as well as highly competent. I would trust her with any gynecological procedure. One must wonder whether these "rating sites" do any good.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

This review is about Sherrie Hancock located at 280 Wilfert in Victoria BC. She is a horror show of a doctor and should not be practicing medicine. If you are reading this before you go, please take my advice and GET ANOTHER DOCTOR! Her narcissistic demeanor and incapability to listen will leave you feeling helpless & belittled. I wouldn't be surprised if she earned her degree via vivisection. Terrible person and does not deserve to be called a doctor.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

This OB is currently practicing in Victoria, BC at VGH. I unfortunately ended up having her for a consult when I was full term. She was very short with me and did a 10 sec cervical exam where she proceeded to tell me I wasn't dilated and would be added to induction list. This was contrary to 2 other experienced care providers who during numerous checks in the week prior had noted I was at 4cm. When I told her this she just said they were wrong and walked out. I was left very confused and upset and couldn't understand how I would have gone from 4cm to 0cm. I went into active labor later that night. Dr. Hancock is well know for her poor bedside manner. She apparently doesn't like to "sugar coat" things but confuses that with being empathetic and kind to her patients. There are plenty of skilled OB's/surgeons in Victoria that do have good bedside manner I would never recommend this doctor and was incredibly thankful she wasn't on call when I gave birth. I've had 2 friends that she has also left in tears.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Condescending and unwelcoming. She did not listen to me and had a Napoleon complex.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

Follow up to my June 26, 2015 post: My surgery resulted in the removal of half of my large intestine. Dr. Hancock failed to thoroughly remove all of the contents of my ovarian cyst. The contents she left free floating inside of me amalgamated into a mass and fused to my large intestine. The general surgeon could not separate the mass from my colon so had to remove it along with half of my large intestine. Her horrible bedside manner is nothing compared to her inability and unwillingness to provide proper post op care.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Bedside manner is atrocious and should not talk to patients before their birth schedule

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

Horrible bedside manners. I couldnt believe how rude she was. Run away .

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Terrible terrible bedside manner. Doesn't seem to respect any of the nurses or other doctors that she works with either.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016