Ratings for Dr. Sherri Hancock

This OB is currently practicing in Victoria, BC at VGH. I unfortunately ended up having her for a consult when I was full term. She was very short with me and did a 10 sec cervical exam where she proceeded to tell me I wasn't dilated and would be added to induction list. This was contrary to 2 other experienced care providers who during numerous checks in the week prior had noted I was at 4cm. When I told her this she just said they were wrong and walked out. I was left very confused and upset and couldn't understand how I would have gone from 4cm to 0cm. I went into active labor later that night. Dr. Hancock is well know for her poor bedside manner. She apparently doesn't like to "sugar coat" things but confuses that with being empathetic and kind to her patients. There are plenty of skilled OB's/surgeons in Victoria that do have good bedside manner I would never recommend this doctor and was incredibly thankful she wasn't on call when I gave birth. I've had 2 friends that she has also left in tears.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Condescending and unwelcoming. She did not listen to me and had a Napoleon complex.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

Follow up to my June 26, 2015 post: My surgery resulted in the removal of half of my large intestine. Dr. Hancock failed to thoroughly remove all of the contents of my ovarian cyst. The contents she left free floating inside of me amalgamated into a mass and fused to my large intestine. The general surgeon could not separate the mass from my colon so had to remove it along with half of my large intestine. Her horrible bedside manner is nothing compared to her inability and unwillingness to provide proper post op care.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Bedside manner is atrocious and should not talk to patients before their birth schedule

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

Horrible bedside manners. I couldnt believe how rude she was. Run away .

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Terrible terrible bedside manner. Doesn't seem to respect any of the nurses or other doctors that she works with either.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

After this comment on May 20, 2016 I just have to leave my assessment. Saw her a couple years ago. She put me on estrogen though it was less than a year since my final cycle (my family doctor said that's a major no-no plus I still had/have my uterus). Shows her lack of knowledge. She was also rude, dismissive, uncaring, & cold. I'm no wimp, state my case & get on with things type. She didn't even want to listen, period, always super-rushed. I got a referral to another OBGYN who was a 100% improvement. Stay away from her, for your own good. I think these "pro" comments are bogus.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016

I am really surprised to see some of the poor reviews here. Did we see the same doctor? She was very pleasant and friendly with a warm personality. Her clinic was also nicely furnished, clean and almost spa-like. I have nothing but positive things to say about her. She went out of her way to make an unpleasant experience ad comfortable and welcoming as possible.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016

Terrible terrible terrible. This doctor was seriously rude. She never once looked me in the eye, when I asked her a question she rolled her eyes at me. She got the same job done that any other doctor could, but her bedside manner is seriously lacking. She comes off as abrasive, inattentive and uncaring. 0/10 would not recommend.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016

She squeezed me in when the doctor I was supposed to see couldn't see me. She was fantastic. Answered all my questions and was very helpful and reassuring in a rather stressful situation. She went above and beyond in my opinion.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016