Ratings for Dr. Sherri Hancock

Horrible bedside manners. I couldnt believe how rude she was. Run away .

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Terrible terrible bedside manner. Doesn't seem to respect any of the nurses or other doctors that she works with either.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

After this comment on May 20, 2016 I just have to leave my assessment. Saw her a couple years ago. She put me on estrogen though it was less than a year since my final cycle (my family doctor said that's a major no-no plus I still had/have my uterus). Shows her lack of knowledge. She was also rude, dismissive, uncaring, & cold. I'm no wimp, state my case & get on with things type. She didn't even want to listen, period, always super-rushed. I got a referral to another OBGYN who was a 100% improvement. Stay away from her, for your own good. I think these "pro" comments are bogus.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016

I am really surprised to see some of the poor reviews here. Did we see the same doctor? She was very pleasant and friendly with a warm personality. Her clinic was also nicely furnished, clean and almost spa-like. I have nothing but positive things to say about her. She went out of her way to make an unpleasant experience ad comfortable and welcoming as possible.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016

Terrible terrible terrible. This doctor was seriously rude. She never once looked me in the eye, when I asked her a question she rolled her eyes at me. She got the same job done that any other doctor could, but her bedside manner is seriously lacking. She comes off as abrasive, inattentive and uncaring. 0/10 would not recommend.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016

She squeezed me in when the doctor I was supposed to see couldn't see me. She was fantastic. Answered all my questions and was very helpful and reassuring in a rather stressful situation. She went above and beyond in my opinion.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

I saw Dr. Hancock, along with a resident doctor, for an outpatient procedure. She was reassuring and efficient. No complaints!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

I never had a good feeling about Dr Hancock and I wish I listened to my gut before going into surgery with her. Upon meeting her she came off as cold and condescending. I brushed this off and reassured myself that she is a great surgeon with lots of experience. Our meetings to follow weren't any better. She did not explain my procedure or any risks associated. The only risk she mentioned to me was that "I could die on the table" and those were her exact words. I gathered all the information about my surgery from my GP. The day of surgery as I was talking to the anesthesiologist in the hall, Dr Hancock rudely interrupted us and said to me in an irritated voice "do you need anything from me?". I could tell even the anesthesiologist was put off by her abrupt interruption. A few days after my surgery I ended up in the emergency room to find out that she had left contents of my cyst inside of me (via CT scan). I was put on a heavy dose of antibiotics at this point. A few weeks later I ended up in emerge once again with the same symptoms, this time an ultrasound showed the contents in my abdomen. The gynaecologist on call was considering taking me back to surgery to clean out what Dr Hancock had left behind. Dr Hancock was called at this point where she reassured the on call doctor that I had been thoroughly cleaned out and there was no need to go back in. Fast forward 2 months and I am heading back into surgery tomorrow (with a new gynaecologist). It turns out the cyst contents that Dr Hancock left inside of me and had chosen to leave inside of me have formed into a ball which needs to be removed asap (confirmed on CT scan yesterday). If it were up to Dr Hancock, I would not have been looked at until September and she continued to reassure me that I was just recovering slower than average and that I would feel better in a few months. She made me feel bad and uncomfortable for asking her questions about why my recovery was so slow and why I felt constantly felt sick. I'm sure if I hadn't switched to a different gynaecologist I would be very sick right now. My initial surgery was a laparoscopic removal of an ovarian cyst. I do realize that there is a risk of the cyst contents leaking out during the surgery but it is very rare that these contents are left behind in the body cavity before closing up. I am writing this not to bash Dr Hancock but to urge people to trust their intuition and take control of their health. Maybe I was just unlucky and yes this could have happened to anyone with any surgeon. By the fact that Dr Hancock continued (3 times) to dismiss my pain and make me feel stupid for thinking something was really wrong with me is not right.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Super kind and accomodating. She made time for me twice! to consult and reassured me as needed. I'm much greateful to her for her professionalism and kindness. I know she's booked to the gills so it's extra appreciated.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

I am requesting transfer to another ob/gyn. After waiting three months for my appointment, her office called my doctor and cancelled it just two days before -- because I had not confirmed by phone with them. Why did they not just call me to confirm like every other provider who doesn't have email confirmation? If she instructs her office to behave like that, what else does she do?

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015