You may also like

Rate Dr. Sherri Hancock

Dr. Sherri Hancock's Ratings

I saw Dr. Hancock, along with a resident doctor, for an outpatient procedure. She was reassuring and efficient. No complaints!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2895315].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2015

I never had a good feeling about Dr Hancock and I wish I listened to my gut before going into surgery with her. Upon meeting her she came off as cold and condescending. I brushed this off and reassured myself that she is a great surgeon with lots of experience. Our meetings to follow weren't any better. She did not explain my procedure or any risks associated. The only risk she mentioned to me was that "I could die on the table" and those were her exact words. I gathered all the information about my surgery from my GP. The day of surgery as I was talking to the anesthesiologist in the hall, Dr Hancock rudely interrupted us and said to me in an irritated voice "do you need anything from me?". I could tell even the anesthesiologist was put off by her abrupt interruption. A few days after my surgery I ended up in the emergency room to find out that she had left contents of my cyst inside of me (via CT scan). I was put on a heavy dose of antibiotics at this point. A few weeks later I ended up in emerge once again with the same symptoms, this time an ultrasound showed the contents in my abdomen. The gynaecologist on call was considering taking me back to surgery to clean out what Dr Hancock had left behind. Dr Hancock was called at this point where she reassured the on call doctor that I had been thoroughly cleaned out and there was no need to go back in. Fast forward 2 months and I am heading back into surgery tomorrow (with a new gynaecologist). It turns out the cyst contents that Dr Hancock left inside of me and had chosen to leave inside of me have formed into a ball which needs to be removed asap (confirmed on CT scan yesterday). If it were up to Dr Hancock, I would not have been looked at until September and she continued to reassure me that I was just recovering slower than average and that I would feel better in a few months. She made me feel bad and uncomfortable for asking her questions about why my recovery was so slow and why I felt constantly felt sick. I'm sure if I hadn't switched to a different gynaecologist I would be very sick right now. My initial surgery was a laparoscopic removal of an ovarian cyst. I do realize that there is a risk of the cyst contents leaking out during the surgery but it is very rare that these contents are left behind in the body cavity before closing up. I am writing this not to bash Dr Hancock but to urge people to trust their intuition and take control of their health. Maybe I was just unlucky and yes this could have happened to anyone with any surgeon. By the fact that Dr Hancock continued (3 times) to dismiss my pain and make me feel stupid for thinking something was really wrong with me is not right.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2850053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Super kind and accomodating. She made time for me twice! to consult and reassured me as needed. I'm much greateful to her for her professionalism and kindness. I know she's booked to the gills so it's extra appreciated.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2800059].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

I am requesting transfer to another ob/gyn. After waiting three months for my appointment, her office called my doctor and cancelled it just two days before -- because I had not confirmed by phone with them. Why did they not just call me to confirm like every other provider who doesn't have email confirmation? If she instructs her office to behave like that, what else does she do?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2780515].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

I thought doctor Hancock was great! I see many comments on here about her not being nice. I agree she is not the most effervescent person in the biz, but her job is to identify and treat health conditions, not hold our hands, braid hair and be our BFF. If you don't expect this, and are just looking for someone to get the job done right, she's your doc.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2704089].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2015

please avoid this doctor.i went to her in 2012 only to have to justify to her why i needed to see her. my initial visit with her was not comforting nor helpful. I had a follow up with her a few months later where she brought in a locum doctor and was extra nice. however she wasn't as professional as i had expected because we were meeting about my latest ultrasound results, which she didnt have!!!!!!!!!! i changed doctors and earlier this year was diagnosed with stage 4 endometrosis.....if dr hancock had done her job and listened to me, she could have diagnosed me earlier. she's a waste on tax payer $$. I urge you please please please do not go to her!

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2451806].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Best I can say is that she was on time. I saw her regarding a permanent resolution to extremely bad cramping because I no longer wished to be on hormonal birth control. She was perfectly happy to offer a hysterectomy, until she found out that I have no children. After that I kept getting "You'll change your mind" and "You'll regret it" in regard to sterlization. She told me I was "silly" to request a tubal at the same time she was planning to do a surgical exam because I'd always have to be on hormones to control my pain. Her report to my doctor advised I'd decided against a tubal becuase it's a "drastic decision". Her knowledge is also badly out of date advising a procedcure which could potentially resolve my cramps wasn't available in Canada and she'd never heard of it. An email from VIHA indicates it is available locally.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1551916].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

Performed an emergency C-section after a failed attempt at a home birth with midwives. She had horrible bedside manner and was very disparaging about attempting a home birth. She also told me I would not be able to deliver vaginally in the future (which was incorrect because I have since had a VBAC). She did do a good job on the Caesarean though...my scar is very small and caused me no problems.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1551918].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2013

Terrible bedside maner. Did not feel heard or supported, rather rushed and judged. Have seen her twice and am requesting new referral for different OBGYN.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1551915].votes_count ]]