Ratings for Dr. Peter Quiros

Dr. Feldon was my neuro-ophthalmologist until he left USC for the University of Rochester. I would have traveled to New York to continue as his patient had it been feasible for me to have done so. While I was very disappointed to see Dr. Feldon leave, I have been nothing but pleased by the care I've received from Dr. Quiros since he took over Dr. Feldon's patient load. Although I could never find fault with Dr. Feldon's care, I've found Dr. Quiros' care to be equal if not superior, if only for the reason that, to me, he seems more approachable than Dr. Feldon did. I did not witness and thus have no insight concerning the substandard care some others claim to have received from Dr. Quiros,; nonetheless, I find it almost unfathomable that he could ever have been condescending or rude to a patient. I would recommend this physiciab to anyone, and frequently do when the need for such a specialist arises in an acquaintance.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2010

I had a serious complication (temporary blindness in one eye) from a procedure with this doctor, and his response told me just what kind of doctor, and man, he is. He minimized the problem, deflected blame (the patient must have caused the problem by blinking!),and generally acted like a 10-year-old making excuses for late homework. Regardless of his credentials, he does not have the maturity to be a good doctor.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2010

Dr. Quiros is competent, professional, and kind. He is reasonably accessible considering the patient and teaching load he carries. He does spend time educating his underlings, which helps me to feel safer when his schedule necessitates that I be treated by one of his residents in an emergency, which can't be foreseen far enough in advance to be guaranteed an appointment with Dr. Quiros. He does speak congenially with his residents, fellows, etc., which is fine with me; few things have made me less comfortable than being present while a doctor condescends a subordinate. In one instance, I was treated poorly by one or possibly two staff members. From the way I was treated by the entire staff on my next visit, it was clear that the offending party(ies) had faced Dr. Quiros' wrath, but out of my presence, exactly as it should have been. Dr. Quiros is a master of his speciality, which is neuro-ophthalmology. I travel a considerable distance to see him, which is time and money well-spent

flag | Submitted March 14, 2009

Dr. Peter Quiros's Credentials

• Spanish

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Secure Horizons