Ratings for Dr. Claude Benton

Terrible doctor. Hated having to see him. Saw my husband end up in Hospital in Vancouver with a severe lung infection after Benton for a year and a half solid did nothing to properly check his lungs. Being our family Dr at the time we put our trust in him. What transpired was constant prescriptions, no x Ray, or scans and being told to come back if not feeling well. Aside from his rudeness and and lack of care, what bothers me more is that if he hadn't of ended up in icu in a Vancouver hospital for two weeks he very likely would have lost his life. Like I said, he was our Dr for 4 years. My very last visit with him was him arguing with me as to how it was I couldn't visit him when I have severe diarrhea. For starters I couldn't leave my home for obvious reasons, then to top it all off he asked me who my family Dr was. A very rude, unprofessional, unreasonable Dr. If he can't practice in a professional manner, as was his chosen career then perhaps he should give up practicing. He chose this career, his unfortunate patients did not choose for him. This has taken me five years to post this, an indication of how much he has cost me and my husband both physically as well as emotionally.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

I have been living undiagnosed with a severe chronic pain condition for years because I got stuck with this Doctor. I was pregnant when I arrived and was sent there. New doctors won't take me because I "have a doctor" even though I really don't because I can't bare to be subjected to Bentons rude attitude and condescending words. I have left his office on several occasions crying and sobbing. He tells me I am too young to have any pain, I am too fat thats why I have pain, I put on weight since I can barley move some days, he argues, really argues about my daughters name and how it is spelled every-time I have gone in to see him. He gave me a very inappropriate pap when I wasn't even there for that. He used no instruments, spread my labia with his fingers and inserted the q-tip, wiggled it around and abruptly pulled it out. My son is diagnosed with 3 separate disabilities and he refuses to acknowledge them. No exam, just a nope there's nothing wrong with you or your son. Worst manner

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

We are very pleased with this Dr. When I went through a bout with cancer he was very caring and compassionate and even called me at home. When my hasband was in the hospital he was also caring and even spoke to me without a need for an appointment. We have been able to get in quickly when needed and the wait there has never been long. This is a busy Dr. and if you need a friend to rattle on to find someone not as busy. I find he will take the time to talk if needed. We trust him very much and he is quick to refer you if necessary

flag | Submitted April 5, 2009

He is one of the worst doctors I have ever seen. He doesn't listen at all, and wants you in and out of there as fast as possible. Everyone is intitled to their own opinions but I personally think anyone who has said he is awesome, or excellent, is nuts! He has made me walk out of his office balling my eyes out more than 5 times. He is extremely rude and doesn't seem to mind hurting peoples feelings by mentioning things that don't need to be mentioned. He also never believes anything anyone says to him. I am still shaking my head at anyone who claims he is wonderful, thats just bizzarre to me.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

Extremely happy with this doctor! Yes, he's got a brusque manner, but he is VERY kind, compassionate, helpful, extremely knowledgeable, doesn't treat you like an idiot, and he cuts official red tape with outside agencies very quickly. He makes things happen! Dr. Benton has even made housecalls, and what doctor in Canada does that? I have nothing but good things to say about him. Nurses know he is one of the best. He is respectful, listens well, and doesn't waste your time. His staff in the clinic are incredible! A great medical team!!! He's not taking new patients, but when he is - get in to see him and you will receive excellent medical care.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2008

appears like he seems to think my uterus has direct corralation to any other ailment i may have, im sorry but a pap smear isnt necessary to tell me wheather or not i sprained my ankle, and some people DO seem to think that pancreatitis is a serious thing. not very helpful at all and extremely rude.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2008

Fairly knowledgeable. Very punctual and efficient which can come across as rude sometimes. Always has time to see the kids in an emergency.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2008

difficult to know how knowledgeble he is as I don't get enough time with him.........rushes one out the door, doesn't listen, is rude, abrupt and overbearing. Too quick to write prescriptions.I get a sick feeling in my stomach when I know I have to see him. I'd get another doctor in a minute but none are taking new patients so I'm stuck. Very depressing!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2008

He is prompt and and gets directly down to the problem,I am very happy to have him as my doctor

flag | Submitted May 4, 2008

No matter what you read about Dr.Benton's attitude to patients, or his knowledge, please know that he is excellent in what he does. I am a nurse, and I have seen all kinds. He may be abrupt, but he is kind and efficient. This man is good.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2008