Ratings for Dr. Mark Sager

Dr.Sager is great physician. He is excellent diagnostician.Two of doctors I saw before missed my parathyroid and he found out instantly. He is no BS. Gets to the point. Sent me for tests, which previous doctors never did. My treatment was very successful, no issues anymore. Strongly recommend dr. Sager as a family doctor.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Dr Sager is an excellent Dr. .He sent me to best specialists in Toronto. Yes he takes his time to see his patients in his office but which Dr is always on time. I had to waite sometimes to an hour when I visited other Doctors. Dr Sager follows up with you by calling you and talking to you on the phone. I send all my family members to him. I can't see myself going to an other Dr. He is honest caring and excellent at everything he does. He makes sure that you get all the help you need. I have seen lots of Dr's bit I should say I was really satisfy with this Dr. I strongly recommend him to any patient who is looking for an excellent Dr.

Submitted March 24, 2017

True to some words Dr. Sager is late for his first appointments, can be rude at times and the wait times can be a little long, YET he is the most compassionate and knowledgeable Doctor I have ever seen. In fact, he is very thorough and diligent in his testing. Dr. Sager is relentless, focused and continually tries his best to get his really sick patients in to see specialists in a timely manner. He's an older Dr. who may at times be moody, hey nobody's perfect, but that pales in comparison to the many years of experience he brings to his practice. You cannot trade that for anything. His diagnostician skills are almost always so freakin' spot on! Support staff service can be equivalent to that of city service or if you're fortunate enough to get the one that goes above and beyond, depends on which secretary is on shift. Dr. Sager will take you with or without an appointment on the SAME DAY and will not turn you away. Not many physicians I know will do that now days. If you're looking for a Dr. with all the bells & whistles then go elsewhere, but if you need a dedicated medical professional who is well versed in his field and will not take nor give any B.S. then Dr. Sager is the doctor for you. I truly hope he works as long as he is able to.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

My dad was his pt before . at first of meeting my Dad he was so rude and that time my dad very slow, imagine he told my dad to hurry up because he needs to see lots more pts, what an attitude he had, that's why my dad decided to go to different doctor because he couldn't take it anymore. and also finding out at the blood results telling that my dad's PSA was really high, He concluded right away without referring my dad to the specialist yet, He told my dad that he had Cancer not even saying that he needs to refer my dad to the specialist about it. I told dr.sager that It was not really right to say that he had prostate cancer without any confirmations because sometimes blood results makes wrong findings too, My dad seen by the specialist and they said it was normal. and about his receptionist. I saw her many times when someone is calling on the phone she will pretend she didnt hear it and the sometimes she will pick it up and put u on hold then just hunged u up.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

My husband and I have been going to Dr. Sager for 30 years. I trust him completely. He has the medical knowledge necessary and has no hesitation in referring us to a specialist in the necessary medical field if necessary. He is connected with the best specialists in the best hospitals in Toronto. You may have to wait sometimes to see him, but that is because he is giving his current patient the time necessary to treat them as required. I would rather wait and know that I will be given the same interest and concern about my health. Our concern is that at some point he will retire and we don't want to lose him as our doctor. The only criticism I have is that sometimes getting standard prescription renewals take a little longer that they should. I would highly recommend Dr. Sager as a medical professional.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

Nasty Nasty Nasty and this is a polite way of rating this doctor and staff....

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

Great doctor - first one in the door to see him - thoughtful and knowledgeable

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

DONT WAIST YOUR TIME WITH THIS DOCTOR, AND STAFF, WORST EVER CAME ACROSS , BETTER TO GO TO WALK IN CLINIC

flag | Submitted November 21, 2015

Dr Sager is probably one of the worst doctors in Toronto. His office staff is terrible too - they don't return phone call at all, even in cases of important health issues. Dr Sager does not spend any time with patients, just proscribes as many medications as he possible can to treat symptoms, does not care to try to figure our causes, does not care about consequences, does not explain risks. If you like having tons of unnecessary prescription medications, he is your doctor. But, if you want to improve your health with minimal drugs and proper attention paid to the causes, you won't find him helpful. He is also extremely rude. It seems that his only interest is to have maximum amount of patients with maximum amount of proscribed drugs. And, if you challenge him on this, he just gets angry and rude.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Not knowing any better, I took my son to see Dr Sager regarding acne treatment. He was advertising himself as offering acne care and treatment but I did not realize that he was not a dermatologist and was into offering high priced acne products that are not different in formulation or results from what one can find in the products at Shoppers drug mart. He also pushed the services of his in house esthetician, who was even ruder than Dr Sager, which is tough to imagine anyone being. When my son, after many months of not seeing results, requested to try Accutane he was told that it was banned and that he could die if he took it. After some basic research, we discovered that it was not a banned drug; it was no longer being made by the same manufacturer but was available in generic form in Canada and the US. If investigated further, anywhere that it was banned was due to the risk of birth defects--not something that would apply to a young man. We found a responsible dermatologist for which we needed a referral and my son has been free of acne for many years.

Submitted July 15, 2015