Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Mark A. Jank

The office staff and medical staff have been great through office visits and two surgical visits. They have been informative and helpful in all aspects of the procedures. Dr. Jank is very professional yet personable. His concern about your eye health is genuine as is his concern for your recovery. Both surgeries have been very successful and my vision is great. I would strongly recommend Dr. Jank to anyone needing cataract surgery.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2018

Dr. Mark A. Jank's response
We’re glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with Dr. Jank. Hope all is well and thank you for sharing!

Submitted November 26, 2018

Thank you Dr. Jank for your professionalism and expertise before, during, and after my mother's cataract surgery. She is so excited to be rid of the cataracts and now sees 20/15. She's bragging that she has the eyes of a teenager now. Thank you. thank you, thank you!!!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2018

Dr. Mark A. Jank's response
We are so grateful for the positive feedback! We’ll share your kind words with the team to let them know their work is appreciated. Thank you again for sharing.

Submitted November 20, 2018

He performed my cataract/lens replacement surgery. Wonderful experience with Dr. Jank and his staff. I would recommend Dr. Jank any one needing eye surgery!! He is 5-star all the way!!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2018

Submitted November 19, 2018

excellent care and answered all questions as needed, excellent surgical skills in fact outstanding

flag | Submitted November 15, 2018

Dr. Mark A. Jank's response
Thank you for sharing! We’re glad to hear your appointment went well.

Submitted November 19, 2018

Both my wife and I have had surgery by Doctor Jank with outstanding results. The doctor and his staff have no equal in this area for looking out for the interest of his patients and their welfare. I still can'nt believe the improvement in my vision . Unreal!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2018

Submitted November 6, 2018

After cataract surgery both of my eyes are 20/20 with mono vision, I am extremely happy He answered all question before and after surgery in a professional manner. I highly recommend Dr. Jank.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

Dr. Mark A. Jank's response
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We’ll share your kind words with the team to let them know their work is appreciated. Hope all is well and thank you for sharing!

Submitted August 27, 2018

I’ve had a very pleasant experience with Dr. Jank during my cataract surgery experience. He and all the staff made me feel very comfortable all the way through this process.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2018

Submitted August 13, 2018

After the first appointment with Dr. Janks I felt comfortable and relieved that my cataract surgeries were going to be taken care of. He explained everything in detail and all my questions were answered. I would highly recommend Dr.Janks and his incredible staff for take big care of me.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2018

Dr. Mark A. Jank's response
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Hope all is well and thank you for sharing!

Submitted August 7, 2018

From the very first appointment with Dr. Jank, I felt as though he was extremely competent and thorough. He walked me through the steps for cataract surgery seamlessly. I would highly recommend he and his staff to anyone. I was an "out-of-towner" and I fell right into the right place.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2018

Dr. Mark A. Jank's response
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We’re thrilled to hear about the success of your visit with Dr. Jank!

Submitted August 3, 2018

Lasik: He makes you feel welcome (not just a number). Answers all of my questions fully before and after the procedure. Great eye doctor and will continue to recommend.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2018

Dr. Mark A. Jank's response
Thank you for sharing! We’re glad to hear your appointment went well.

Submitted August 3, 2018

Dr. Mark A. Jank's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Mark A. Jank, M.D. practices comprehensive ophthalmology having primary interests in small incision cataract surgery utilizing advanced no-shot / no stitch techniques with simultaneous reduction of astigmatism. Keeping pace with the newest vision technologies featured as part of the Ocala Eye Customized Cataract Care program, Dr. Jank is proficient in the implantation of the latest IOLs which give his cataract patients and others the opportunity to restore youthful vision and gain freedom from the daily inconvenience of glasses and contact lenses. Dr. Jank’s refractive surgery expertise further includes LASIK and Conductive Keratoplasty (CK) for the correction of advanced refractive errors. Dr. Jank also has a special interest in complicated intraocular problems faced by patients who have had trauma or previous unsuccessful surgery. Dr. Jank joined Ocala Eye in July 1988, following nine years of active duty as a U.S. Air Force physician. His military career culminated in Tampa serving as MacDill Air Force Base department of ophthalmology's chief surgeon. In recognition of his leadership at MacDill, he received the Air Force Meritorious Service Medal in 1988 for improving cataract surgery procedures. A graduate of Johns Hopkins University and the University of Miami School of Medicine, Dr. Jank performed two years of internal medicine residency, followed by three years of ophthalmology residency at Lackland Air Force Base's Wilford Hall Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas. He was awarded a letter of commendation by the Air Force Surgeon General for implementing an ophthalmology training program for Air Force emergency room medical personnel. He was later appointed special consultant in Ophthalmology to The Surgeon General. Dr. Jank periodically takes time out from his practice to visit third world countries where he does charitable surgery on needy patients. Dr. Jank is a diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology and also of the National Board of Medical Examiners. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the International Society of Refractive Surgeons, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, the American and Florida Medical Associations, and the Marion County Medical Society.

• English

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Kaiser-Permanente