Ratings for Dr. George P. L. Wong

Told me I needed to have an ovary removed and it's five years later and I'm perfectly healthy

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

excellent doctor, very knowledgeable, listens careful;y to patient's concerns. It is true that the office is full most of the time, however, where in Ontario there is no waiting time for patients. This issues is for the ministry to fix it and not for the doctors.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Dr. Wong cound the best doctor, how do I get into that conclusion, because my own family doctors sends her mother to him for gyne treatment. He always give ample time to each of his patients thus the wait at his office. Patients needs a referral to see this doctor so I was wondering why one comment would say there is no need for an appt at this office thus the reason why office if full. Patients who are schizophrenics are the ones who complain too much if they are told there's nothing wrong with them they get upset.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

The best possible doctor I could have to follow my two pregnancies. I would recommend to everyone. Always has time to listen, to answer your questions, to explain everything...

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

After he performed a colopccopy and found something on my cervix he panicked and had me in panic. He said he didn't know what to do and was insisting on a total hysterectomy even though my uterus was fine. He then said what is this a pathology report as he looked at his computer. Then he asked who I was and said oh no its negative! !! he gave me so much fear by his own incompetence on what he was looking at what he wanted to do and did not know who I was!!! I then said I will think about the surgery since he didn't know how or what to do. He abruptly walked out of the office dropping his papers. I am now getting a second opinion from another gyno and hope to God I do not have to go through this emotional turmoil he put me through.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

This doctor doesn't know what he is doing he made big mistakes like when I was delivering my baby he had no patients so he vacuumed her out it wasn't till weeks after I realized that he had left the placenta in me I almost died but did I learn after that no I gave him another chance and he screwed that up too I had a hysterectomy he only offered me the one option and never took out my ovaries I have had problems every since worst doctor ever beware. Secretary is wonderful I don't know how she does it.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Some of the reviews I believe are fake because I had a worse experience with dr wong. In November 2005 I had bacterial infection and only needed antibacteria treatment but this dr insisted in performing a laproscopy on me and my situation grew from bad to worst with so many an explain complecations including an uncurable acne till date. Dr wong did not run any lab test on me to examine why I was having lower abdomenal pain anytime I have sex but insisted in performing a laproscopy on me which I regret and felt I was being used as a guinea pig.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2014

Dr. Wong delivered both of my daughters, and was my doctor through both pregnancies. He was always very patient with me, and answered every question I had. He assured me that he would deliver my baby, and he did. My first daughter was delivered after his hospital hours, and he still came back into the hospital to deliver her. He was very calm through everything, while I was a spaz! Lol. During my second delivery, he was called into the room when I was ready to push, and since I had no epidural (was too far along when arriving at the hospital), I was to scared to push. I was terrified, and stubborn, and he was annoyed and left. When I calmed myself down and was ready, he came back without any resentment, and was very reassuring. I trust him completely with another pregnancy, and he really seems to be a generally nice guy. His office wait times can be hideous, but it's because he leaves to deliver babies, and I'm fine with that!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

He is fantastic. He takes uninsured, medically complicated patients that other ob's have refused and does well by them. A tribute to the profession.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2013

I'll skip the details and give you the straight goods. First, each and every appointment was a 3-4 hour wait. His receptionist very RARELY returns calls. He will not respect your birth plan, He will not allow you to make informed decisions about the birth of your child, He will not tolerate you questioning his decisions when it comes to the safety of your child. He will push the epidural many many many times, he will make poor judgments as a DR and he WILL force you to be induced before 40 weeks and if do not deliver close to his "home" time, he WILL scare you into having a C-section by telling you there are complications that really do not exist. If you choose to continue with this Dr. Get yourself a mid-wife or doula who will be there to advocate on your behalf, because he surely will not! BEWARE!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013