Ratings for Dr. John S. Howland

I have been seeing Dr. Howland for over 4 years for Panic/ anxiety and Depression and he has been great for me. The problem i had was my insurance changed to medicare, i went in for my monthly visit last week, and i was super depressed and anxious. I had started cutting myself again. When I arrived the lady at the desk started screaming at me that my new insurance has a copay, i owed $28 and engaged me in brow beating rant until my anxiety was through the roof. Luckily Dr. Howland came out and saved me from her, but was wreck worse than i came in. I had a whole agenda i wanted to discuss with the Dr. and after her verbal abuse I forgot everything and went home cut myself some more. I needed his help desperatly and was not able to get it. The next day she called me up and continued it.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

Dr. Howland is a wonderful and caring psychiatrist. He has been my doctor for many years and I can't speak more highly of him.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2012

This psychiatrist was confrontative (although in a soft voice) and jumped to conclusions. With his negative parental attitude, he made me feel worse than before I saw him. I have both long life experience and have seen several other mental health professionals over the years, and would say that there is something wrong here.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2010

He works well with one of the local colleges for free. helping with medication even offering to bring students to pick it up. Over the summer he arranges ways for them to see him.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Very helpful, caring, and professional physician. Would make house calls if necessary. Takes phone calls 24/7 for emergency. Always available.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2007

Dr. John S. Howland's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1967)

MSP/BC Med