Ratings for Dr. Saila Kuruganty

Dr. Kuruganty nearly cost me my life. I have a rare disease that was causing my airway to grow closed and I kept begging her for help. She referred me to one respirologist who was treating me for COPD/emphysema at 28 years old. I kept telling them I've never smoked and that it was in my throat. Dr. Kuruganty wouldn't send me for other opinion. I ultimately went around her and got a family member to send me for another opinion. I was sent to a surgeon who instantly recognized my issue and operated right away. I was breathing through a 4mm opening in my airway. The surgeon told me I could have died at any moment. When Dr. Kuruganty found out I got a referral from another physician she yelled at me for going around her. She's lucky I didn't die as a result of her negligence. If I didn't have a doctor in my family I wouldn't be here today. I switched family doctors right away.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

I am shocked to read some of these reviews. I have been going to her for years and have always had a positive experience. She is always very punctual, professional and caring. She has dealt with all issues I have had and referred me to specialists when required, all with great success. I am a big fan.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

I've been going to this doctor for over 10 years and just stayed with her because it was convenient. She has a real nasty side to her. When she's having a bad day she will take it out in you. The last visit I expressed how much I didn't want to see another doctor (who likes bouncing around). She snapped at me and told me her problems and opened the door. I expressed my sympathy and she simply ignored me. True colours really shined brightly. Being nasty to patients will not get you anywhere. That's her karma. Will be telling everyone about my experience. She also turns her nose up at other physicians/surgeons, if they are not referred by her. Complete ignorance.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

Unfortunately, Dr. Saila Kuruganty is a terrible doctor. Doesn't care to help and gets upset and throws a childish tantrum at questions from patients. Dr. Saila Kuruganty is negligent and more harmful to patients than helpful. Stay away and do not trust this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

I've been a patient of Dr. Kuruganty for many years. I am so grateful to have her as my dr as she never brushes me off and takes the time to listen to my concerns, and even refers me to other doctors if necessary. I feel she is very knowledgeable as well I feel like I can tell her anything and don't feel like she's being judgemental. She is very helpful and I feel like I'm in great hands with her.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2012

I won't recommend this doc. I've had her for more than 10 yrs but rarely visited her. Always feel like being rushed thru the appointments and that you are just another #. Don't think she cares. Looking for a new doc.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2012

She's more professional than friendly, but she listens and genuinely wants to resolve your health issues. Awesome specialist referrals.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

She is first doctor I've had who takes the time to listen to your complaints and does not take a know it all attitude. She will recommend a specialist, she has very good contacts and is affiliated with Women's College. Am very pleased with her. A capable and caring physician.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2011

She is very nice and approachable. She is rushd but if you force it she will talk to you so don't let her rush you. She did misdiagnosed a keloid scar I had - took numerous askings to be referred to a dermatologist and then I found out it was an real tumor! I like her though because I do feel I can talk to her openly. Just ask a lot of questions and be persistent. The staff at this clinic however is BRUTAL! I would change just because they can be so rude.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2010

I have always liked Dr. Kuruganty and have always felt that she has listened to my concerns and addressed them professionally. Like others, I appreciate that she doesn't pretend to know it all, and refers to great specialists as indicated. The staff can sometimes be a bit abrupt but, working in a health environment myself, I understand what they have to deal with.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2010