Ratings for Dr. Gary Fiasconaro

I have been a patient of Dr. Gary for approximately three years and he just delivered my son via repeat c-section. Dr. Gary is very approachable and personable and is very patient to answer any question you may have despite having a waiting room of patients he also needs to make time for. He is very quick to return your call and I have found him to be extremely professional. I highly recommend him and am glad he was responsible for the delivery of my son.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

True animal with no beside manor. Nearly killed me with an unnessacary csection. Told me i guess i really didnt need the section afterall.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2016

Dr Gary has been by doctor for 7+ years, delivering both my 6 year old daughter as well as my 11 month old son earlier this year (2014). I have never written a doctor review but was absolutely compelled to for him and have been meaning to for so long. He is truly an incredible doctor! His knowledge is unmatched and time and time again he has proven himself to deserve the utmost respect and trust from myself and my husband. There has never been a time where I didn't receive an immediate call back (and believe me I called for everything) and he never once made me feel uncomfortable about my multiple calls. At my most difficult or scary times as both a pregnant patient, as well as a patient trying to get pregnant for over 2 years, he was always there for me to calm me, console me and lead me int he right direction. He is an incredible man and I could not be more thankful for the doctor he is!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

I have had 3 deliveries by Dr. Gary. He is professional, warm and compassionate, and yes can be humorous at times. I don't go to him to be entertained, but for the best possible care for my baby and self, and there is no doubt I get it. I have called Dr. Gary at 3:00 am and received a call back in 5 minutes!! Never upset, never short....truly a gem....I highly recommend this outstanding Doctor.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

Personally, I would much rather an intelligent doctor who is good at what they do than a friend who may not be as good. Dr. Gary is blunt, to the point and won't hold your hand. That may make him seem rushed (as some mention here), but if you ask him a question he will slow down to answer you and make sure you have the information you need. I haven't gone to him as a GYN long yet, but as an OB I feel that he is top notch. He is an amazing surgeon- my c-section was only 6 weeks ago and aside being able to do vigorous exercise already, my incision site looks better than my sister who had a c-section over 2 years ago. Personally, I think he's one of the best in his field in all of NYC. You don't need to go to Manhattan to get the best doctor in NYC- trust me! I've tried! After 6 m/c's, I was referred to Gary and a perinatologist. I write this review with my infant son in my arms. That should be enough said. I'll write another review after some time with him as my GYN :)

flag | Submitted October 18, 2013

We really wanted a natural birth and we rolled with Park Slope Midwives (who were great by the way). We knew the baby was big and eventually we had to face the fact that maybe baby was TOO big to get through mommy's pelvis. So the midwives called Dr. Gary Fiasconaro on a Saturday night and he raced in. After 5-10 minutes of consulting and poking mommy, Dr. Gary, with a heavy heart and no zeal, stated that it was his opinion that the baby could not get through naturally. After seeing my daughter's head . . . I completely believe he was correct . . . we all have big heads in my family, so wasn't too surprised. When my daughter was born Dr. F looked over the drape at my wife and said "the kid has your husbands' head . . . there was no chance she'd get out!" I found both Dr. Gary F. and his brother Dr. Santo F. to be very kind and caring and humorous. No complaints, only compliments.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2012

I went to see Dr. Fiasconaro for a second opinion as it did not seem my pregancy was progressing well. During our first visit, he asked us what the issue was, after we explained he did not ask if we had any questions/concerns. When we told him that we had additional questions, he told us that he needed to examine me. After he finished the exam, he gave us a referral to a fetal maternal doctor for a sonogram. He did not tell us anything further and when we looked at the referral documents, we read he thought it was a blighted ovum. Is this a way to tell you patients what you want to rule out? It turned out to be a blighted ovum, which he called to tell me. He did not ask me to come in with my husband - he told me over the phone without an ounce of compassion. When I miscarried on my own, he sent me to Methodist to see his residents. He never showed up. He never called to ask how I was doing, never asked me to schedule a follow up. Not a compassionate doctor at all.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2011

I was recommended by family members to Dr. GAry after seeing another specialist which did not work well. This is my first child and I I feel comfortable and in good hands with him. He is very attentive to his patients and I am satisfied i

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

Staff was great especially Naomi, and Dr Gary was always available for questions by my husband and I ANYTIME day or night. This was my 3rd bay and the first two were with a different doctor, so I am soo sorry I am done having kids because I truely loved the whole expierence this time around. I am only glad that he will be around for my future woman troubles and as always have the answers for me

flag | Submitted September 24, 2010

Dr. Gary Fiasconaro's Credentials

• St George'S Univ, Sch Of Med, St George'S, Grenada (Grad. 1983)

Multiplan