Ratings for Dr. Susan H. Senft

She originally told us our daughters vision would improve. By the last visit we had with her, #4, she told us our 3 year old was going to almost blind for the rest of her life. She will never improve. After so many visits waiting up to two hours after our scheduled a point men's and her negativity, we called it quits with her and found a real pediatric eye doctor. Not one that's only in it for the money.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Vacationing on the island and developed vision problem. I went to the ER and they called Dr. Senft to see if she was available the following day to see me. It was Sunday evening and she came into her office that night to examine me. She diagnosed me with a retinal tear and facilitated my transfer to a specialist in Honolulu for surgery the following day, speaking directly to the retina specialist that night. It was above and beyond any care I would have expected. I am eternally grateful for her dedication to her practice.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

This is a TERRIBLE doctor! I had problems from the outset. She coughed and spewed all over me at the initial visit in which I waited almost 3 hours to see her. When I had the procedure, I had to run her down to get my prescription filled. Her staff is uppity and distant. I felt like a piece of meat in the waiting room, with a stupid tag attached to my clothes while I waited. What is that? Can't the staff remember who you are and why you are there? She has absolutely no patient-doctor connection. No sympathy, no nothing. I had one eye done, then after telling my friends and associate about my experience, I canceled my appointment for the other eye. That should tell you the impact this negative experience had for me. These are my EYES, for god's sake, and she cannot be trusted, in my opinion!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

I went legally blind in one eye after she did surgery.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

Very self centered - not very friendly. Seemed distant in my visit last week. Stay away!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

I was a high risk cataract patient. I have a single eye, having had my other eye removed due to a MRSA infection. I needed cataract surgery for my one remaining eye and Dr. Senft accepted me as a new patient. Her compassion for me was immediate. Her diligence in her pre-op procedures, skill as a surgeon and her conscientiousness in assuring me she would be there for me in a post-operative follow up was what saved my vision. I cannot express enough of my gratitude to this doctor and her supportive staff. I will highly recommend her to any person who needs optical care.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2012

The doctor is nice and has a good reputation but the office and staff are terrible. The staff are rude and unkind. The doctor had a hard time finding the equipment she needed. The office decor is dated and has a feeling of not being clean. It was a terrible experience going there.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2011

Just don't go. I should have listened to all my friends who had poor cataract surgery outcomes. Now I am left permanently visually impaired. The lens are incorrect for my sight and I see halos around all the lights. I went back and back and back until I realized she cannot fix what she did. Very unhappy. Just don't go! The other comments are accurate about length time, uncomfortable crammed rooms, no one washes hands in front of me, know-it-all (but know diddily) uncaring staff, too.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2011

I hold Dr. senft responsible for a clearly poorer quality of life than I had when I met her...It was the cataract surgery with the iol replacement...according to two other doctors too much scar tissue to fix, she did a poor job and then made you wait an average of 5 hours to see her for 2 seconds...she blew off my concerns until it was too late for anybody else to help me...RUN...from this doctor!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2011

My appointment was at 2pm. I didn't get in to see anyone until 3:45. When i voiced my concern, I was dealt with in a very rude and defensive manner. As if it were my fault. I paid cash for a cosmetic treatments and had to have a few revisits since it was done wrong and with error. Dr is very full of herself and doesn't seem to care about her patients. Office comes off as being a high end boutique type place. But when you arrive, it is just a run down office with 80's decor and and not even having any updated fashions or materials to choose from. No one in the office seems to know what doing on. Or maybe they just don't care enough. You could hear the Dr in the back ground yelling at people? Bery uncomfortable. I should have gone with my gut and ran out when I wasn't seen for a hour and 45 mins of sitting in the nasty dirty pink hell!!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

Dr. Susan H. Senft's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)