Dr. Alan R. Faulkner

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Alan R. Faulkner

Dr. Faulkner is a great Doctor, his staff and He reworked my vision to 20/20 and they were nothing short of top shelf!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

How did I wait 17 years for this? Why did I wear glasses/contacts for 30 years? I must have been waiting for Dr. Faulkner. I kept saying to myself that I'll look into it, but never did. Finally, with a combination of difficult contacts during a run or yoga and then hearing their ad on the radio, I finally pressured myself and went in for a consultation. Friendly and knowledgeable staff and Dr. Faulkner made it so easy. Day of the procedure I was definitely nervous but it was so much easier than I thought. Nothing hurt, I got a fantastic nap and I woke up seeing the world without any contacts or glasses. Still deciding?? Go in for the consult. The payment plan is amazing. The doctors are fantastic. Dr. Faulkner even makes homemade cookies on LASIK day :).

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

Excellent experience. All providers and staff were friendly, unhurried, very thorough, happy to answer all my questions in detail, showing great precision in their work and great attention to detail and clear interest in me personally as a patient and client. Outcome was better than expected. I had expected i would get good treatment but instead got a luxury experience; like expecting to buy a Ford Fusion and driving out in a new Lexus for the cost I had budgeted.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Procedure was quick and painless. Post op instructions were simple and now life without glasses is great. I would recommend this to anyone who would qualify for the procedure. Dr. Faulkner and his entire office was extremely helpful and professional. I would recommend going in for a consultation.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

I've NOT worn my glasses for a long time and refuse to wear contacts even though I know I should. I've lived by with what I could see. I've considered LASIK for over 10 years and was a bit weary of the procedure. Now, I regret not doing it any sooner. The staff at Aloha Laser Vision was EXCEPTIONAL!!! I'm one to give kudos to those that deserve it and these guys truly do!! Their attention to detail and thorough examination made me feel confident that I had chosen the right place. I'm from Maui and my schedule wasn't very flexible, but they worked with me. Now to the procedure. It was stress free and PAINLESS!! Yes, I said it PAINLESS. I was expecting some post op discomfort from reading and research as well as the instructions given to me by the staff, but I felt nothing!!! Better than that, I could see!!! Crisp and clear. Better than 20/20!!! I highly recommend them!! Even if you're a bit weary but are considering vision correction, make an appt. That first step is all it takes!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

I give Dr. Faulkner and his staff five stars and and more! The staff made me feel very comfortable and they were very helpful. Dr. Mau and Dr Sato are very efficient and knowledgeable and showed that they real cared. Dr.Faulkner is so pleasant and polite and caring. He makes you feel like you are part of his ohana. He bakes amazing chocolate chip cookies.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013

I had heard many great things about Dr Faulkner, his coworkers and staff, all I can say after my visit and procedure is, Awesome !!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2012

Over all experience was awesome, I recommend them to all my friends who wears glasses.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2012

Dr. Alan R. Faulkner's Credentials

Dr. Alan Faulkner received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois and graduated from Tulane Medical School in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1986. While in medical school, he was elected to the National Medical School Honors Society Alpha Omega Alpha. He remained at Tulane, completing an internship in Internal Medicine, residency training in Ophthalmology, and a Fellowship in Oculoplastics, Ocular Oncology, and Orbital Disease. His training complete, Dr. Faulkner joined the full-time faculty at Tulane as an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology before going on to practice general ophthalmology and refractive surgery. In June 2000, Dr. Alan Faulkner joined his father’s practice in Honolulu at Faulkner Eye Institute, and in July 2001 founded Aloha Laser Vision, LLC. Dr. Alan Faulkner is not only an experienced eye surgeon, he is also a dedicated listener, and your needs and goals are very important to the treatment process. Dr. Faulkner is committed to developing a full understanding of the results you desire, answering all of your questions, and helping you determine which procedure may be the best option for your ultimate goals. At Aloha Laser Vision, we believe that honest, open communication between patients and staff is key to successful treatment and great results!

• English

• Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1986)