Ratings for Dr. Neil R. Schultz

Thanks Dr. Schultz for helping me with my pain by finding the real problem.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Dr. Schultz has helped me so much. My pain level was always at a 7/8 everyday and now with a new regimen for pain control, it's now at the highest is a 4. I'm able to do more now instead of staying in bed most days. Very appreciative to Dr.Schultz.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

I am a workers comp patient. My nurse advocate found Dr. Schultz for me. I have very severe neuropathic pain /phantom limb pain issues. I came to Dr. Schultz on serious long acting narcotic pain meds. I had been on them for 16 of the 20 years since a very rare type of work accident cost me my right leg. They were all that had worked. Florida, as I had come to learn since moving here, is not the state to be in, when needing opiates. I was tired of the stress of this problem, and even more tired of the narcotic side effects. Dr. Schultz offered a non-opiate primary medication that had previously done no good for me. When I said this, he said four simple words "You weren't given enough". He is "award winning" in his field. Scared to death, I surrendered my opiates, and took a huge leap of faith. I went through two weeks of suffering, but he'd he prescribed a much weaker narcotic than I had been on to help me through the pain of the change, and the worst of withdrawal. By the end of the second week, I had a drastic change for the better. Not long after, for the first time in the 20 years since my accident, I had a day with NO pain... Not "manageable" pain, but no pain. If you are in chronic pain, and are seeking real answers, I cannot offer a higher recommendation. Dr. Scultz for all intents and purposes, worked a miracle for me.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Dr. Schultz never checked my spine himself. Asked me a few questions each time I had an appt. then gave me multiple meds to mask the real problems. Finally, I was told that if I lost 20 pounds I wouldn't have these issues (which were caused by my falling flat on my back and hitting my head so hard, that it swelled up like a goose egg). Never did he consider that the physical therapist told me not to work out until the back issues got better (swollen discs).

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Dr. Neil R. Schultz

Dr. Neil R. Schultz's response
Judging from the content of this review I am very familiar with this patient. Her accusations and blatantly false and untrue. I spend a full hour with every new patient and 30 minutes at every follow up visit. Every patient in my practice receives a thorough history, physical examination, and diagnostic testing. This patient received extensive physical therapy which was custom tailored by me for her particular diagnosis. It should be noted that this individual was a workers compensation patient, many of which fail to improve no matter what treatment they receive as they are motivated by other factors, ie. money/settlement and legal issues. I firmly believe that I have provided the best possible physical medicine/pain management care to this patient. -Dr Schultz

Submitted February 11, 2015

Dr. Schultz, & staff ....... Attentive to accuracy and detail, with great care and completeness

flag | Submitted May 2, 2014

when other doctors(about 100) in fl. would not agree to take my insurance, dr. Schultz did and i'm very happy with his decision. very professional, no noncense and personable. been here for 5 months now and see no need to look any further. thanks doc, rock on!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2014

Doctor made experience very uncomfortable. He seemed skeptical from the start, which made him untrustworthy. He hardly looked in to my complaints of pain. He charges outrageous prices for the drug test! His appearance was untidy. He would ask the staff member in the room to ask me certain questions as he stood outside and around the corner. Honestly, come in the room and ask me because I can already hear you. I would never recommend his services. He seems to be uninterested in what he does and in it for the money, which makes him unapproachable and uneasy to talk to about health concerns.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2013

Dr. Neil R. Schultz

Dr. Neil R. Schultz's response
I am sorry that you feel that you did not receive adequate care. I spend 1 hour with every new patient and 30 minutes at each follow up visit to address any of my patient's concerns. Furthermore, I have been awarded as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor in America for 2012, 2013, and 2014. It is obvious to me that this was a drug seeking patient who unfortunately has chosen to slander me because they did not receive the narcotic prescription that they wanted.

Submitted February 11, 2015

Dr Neil Schultz is an awesome doctor. He has been helping me manage my pain for almost one year now. He always has the proper treatments and medications needed to help. I initially started going to him to manage a herniated disc in my low back. Just recently I started having pain in my back, C7-T1. He sent me for another MRI without delay. Becuase of that, I have now discovered that I have a congenital spinal disorder. It is call syringomylia due to a syrinx on my spinal cord that is caused from a Chiari Malformation. He sent me to a neurosurgeon who told me how serious this is. Dr Schultz may have saved me from ever having permanent neuro deficits or even death. If I wasn't goin to his office for management, I probably would have gone to a chiroparactor and who have never known what I am diagnosed with now. His staff is also very helpful and have even helped me without my pharmacy.Thanks Tony F

flag | Submitted March 24, 2013

I feel very thankful for the referral I received for Dr. Neil Schultz. My experience with him as my physician and the care I received at Rehab & Pain Management Services has been very positive. Dr. Schultz has excellent bedside manner, is very knowledgeable, and spent a great deal of time with me, answering all my questions until I was satisfied that I had the sufficient information concerning my health. He gave me a necessary referral for physical therapy and spoke to my Workman’s comp agency to ensure that the treatment recommendations were approved in a timely fashion. I would recommend Dr. Schultz as a physician for anyone needing skillful and competent care.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

Just a really amazing Dr! He is very kind, patient, and caring! Dr Schultz has helped me get my life back! I would very much recommend someone to him! Him & His staff are very helpful and friendly. Awesome Dr!! Thank you for everything Dr Schultz and Staff!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2012

Dr. Neil R. Schultz's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)