Ratings for Dr. John D. Hinrichsen

I called to schedule an exam for both of my children at this practice. The next available appointment was in 6 weeks. I verified on the phone at the time of scheduling that YES, this practice does accept my Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance. Fast forward 6 weeks... I arrive at Pediatric Eye Specialist (Eye Docs for Kids) 20 minutes early to be greeted by an extremely rude receptionist who never looked up from her computer and mumbled she'd be with me in a minute. After signing paperwork and waiting for 30 minutes, the receptionist calls me to the desk to tell me it will be $169 per child since they don't accept my insurance. That's $338 just for eye exams for two children. My older child has strong lenses and his glasses generally cost $200-$300, and my younger child had never had an eye exam before. Two years ago my older son was seen at this practice and the cost was my copay. I tried explaining this to the receptionist, but all she could tell me was that these doctors are specialist and it's to be expected to pay more. When I told her I needed to cancel the appointments due to the cost, without looking up she said, "K, I'll cancel 'em" and shut the glass in my face. I wasted my time at this practice, and if they would have correctly verified my insurance, I could have had my children's exams done somewhere else weeks ago!! School starts in four days and I am now scrambling to get eye exams for my kids.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

Dr. John D. Hinrichsen's Credentials

• LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE IN SHREVEPORT (Grad. 1999)