Ratings for Dr. Anson Cheung

DR. Anson Cheung saved my life and I can't even contemplate how incredibly intelligent the man truly is. I had a double bypass and a valve rupture in August of 2014. I was only 41 yrs old at the time of my surgery and he gave me life. He will always feel like God to me. Everyone who took care of me at St Paul's were absolutely amazing. Thank you very much for everything you people did for me. I'm from PEI but Vancouver will always have a special place in my heart. Especially Dr Cheung and all the great staff that helped to save my life.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

Dr. Cheung performed my sextuple, off-pump CABG in September 2016. Pre-surgery, Dr. Cheung was informative, positive and caring. My research that he is one of the finest cardiac surgeons in the world proved correct...his excellent work resulted in a short (four day) hospital stay post surgery and an excellent recovery. I am thankful i had this work done by this doctor at this hospital (St. Paul's.) His staff was amazing, helping arrange my surgery quickly and efficiently. I wish there were more than five stars in the rating scale - Dr. Cheung and his team deserve 10's!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

Dr. C did my triple by pass. I was up and around in a couple of days. He is an amazing surgeon. Hopefully, I will ever see him again.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

a few years back i was in Van for a knee appointment....when i was informed my father was being medivaced from Haida Gwaii to St Pauls....he had all arteries blocked and his heart actually made a new channel to try and keep the body alive...dr cheung worked a miracle to rebuild his pump from years of abuse....when in recovery he had over 3 litres of fluid removed from lungs after surgery a normal complication...all the staff and surgeons were 110% to save him for a second time..i spent 3 weeks at the hospital and seen so many lives saved from these individuals they deserve all the recongition and more for their duties...cheung saved 4 people that day .and probably 50 more while i was helping pops recover...what a wonderfull man to live his life to save others and restore families for a little longer...all the best to him and his family

flag | Submitted May 5, 2013

Anson Cheung a very skillful caring doctor who replaced my Mitral valve with a composite ring after he had operated on others at 3pm in the afternoon with one days notice to me,he fitted me in as a 76 yrs old man, I was so weak and only able to go upstairs on all fours. Since then I have been able to go out on a bike several times a week. St Paul's staff also were 100%,took great care of me. Once discharged and in the hands of my GP my problems came who had no idea what they had to "check up" on me. If you are booked for work with Anson,relax you got the best you could wish for,not a bit of doubt in my mind,who was admitted with a lot of fear. Now in my 80th year my heart is trouble free thanks to Anson Cheung and the staff on the 5th floor.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2013

Dr. Anson Cheung was very unprofessional and non informative when learning of my HIV status and quickly stopped my bypass surgery consulation. His uncaring and rudeness left me feeling stigmatized and discriminated against.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

I was medivacked to St. Pauls for a heart transplant. (from Prince George) The emergency ward here gave me a 20 percent chance of surviving the trip. I thank God when I arived Dr. Anson Cheung wan in the building. First he saved my life, then he saved my heart. He went out of his way to introduce himself to me, when the drugs had worn of (2 weeks later).And i'm grateful to have a face to put to the name of this "angel'. He is a world renouned surgeon and a very modest and caring person. He could work anywhere in the world , and he chooses Vancouver. And I am so glad he does. Both Dr. Cheung and St Pauls hospital is top class, the BEST.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

He performed quadruple bypass surgery on our 85 year old mother. His wonderful smile and compassion in addition to his knowledge and skill puts him number 1 on her list.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2011

Dr. Anson Cheung replaced my Mitral valve and repaired Tricuspid valve, I only stayed in St. Paul for less than 7 days, he is a very professional young man, I don't talk to him much, but I can feel he is doing his job from his bottom of his heart and praise GOD for this good surgeon on earth.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2011

As a man in my 70s unable to walk up the stairs, Anson has me on feet and my Bike now after placing a composite ring around the my heart valve.without Anson I would not be here now,for me he is a most wonderful clever great man.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2010