Ratings for Dr. Anson Cheung

Dr. Cheung did a quadruple bypass on me recently. I'm pleasantly surprised at how well the operation went and my recovery is proceeding. Despite being very busy, Dr. Cheung never failed to give me some time to clarify questions or voice my concerns. I'm also very pleased with the fact I've had no angina or fibrillations since the surgery. Also, surpised at how small the scar on my chest is. This will not be a good source for telling great tales of my bravery! 90% of the arteries used to make the bypasses came from the mammary arteries within my chest. Again, miminal incision on inner thigh. Again, impressive work, well done. Now only if they could come up with a painless way of cutting ones sternum in half!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2019

Forever thankful to Doctor Cheung, that he gave himself unreservedly to this profession. My wife and three lovely Daughters and husbands waited while Dr. Cheung held my heart in his hand, with God given skill and compassion operating thus extending my life here on earth. Rev Edward Byskal

flag | Submitted June 21, 2018

Dr Anson Cheung along with the rest of the dr.s get paid , win , loose , or draw. Its nice to hear about the good things but what about the bad. My expereance was not so nice to say the least. The quad bypass the was performed was not so good. After when talking to Dr Cheung he would not admit the possiblity of introduceing an infection and that was the cause. I asked him what were my options and he said take care. Thank you Dr. for nothing but an eight inch scare . Oh ya when after the resaults came from the angiogram at st pauls he was suppose to consault me and did not show . So much for traveling 1500 k to see him . Oh well i get it when i die the simply hit delete and move on to the next victum.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

DR. Anson Cheung saved my life and I can't even contemplate how incredibly intelligent the man truly is. I had a double bypass and a valve rupture in August of 2014. I was only 41 yrs old at the time of my surgery and he gave me life. He will always feel like God to me. Everyone who took care of me at St Paul's were absolutely amazing. Thank you very much for everything you people did for me. I'm from PEI but Vancouver will always have a special place in my heart. Especially Dr Cheung and all the great staff that helped to save my life.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

Dr. Cheung performed my sextuple, off-pump CABG in September 2016. Pre-surgery, Dr. Cheung was informative, positive and caring. My research that he is one of the finest cardiac surgeons in the world proved correct...his excellent work resulted in a short (four day) hospital stay post surgery and an excellent recovery. I am thankful i had this work done by this doctor at this hospital (St. Paul's.) His staff was amazing, helping arrange my surgery quickly and efficiently. I wish there were more than five stars in the rating scale - Dr. Cheung and his team deserve 10's!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

Dr. C did my triple by pass. I was up and around in a couple of days. He is an amazing surgeon. Hopefully, I will ever see him again.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

a few years back i was in Van for a knee appointment....when i was informed my father was being medivaced from Haida Gwaii to St Pauls....he had all arteries blocked and his heart actually made a new channel to try and keep the body alive...dr cheung worked a miracle to rebuild his pump from years of abuse....when in recovery he had over 3 litres of fluid removed from lungs after surgery a normal complication...all the staff and surgeons were 110% to save him for a second time..i spent 3 weeks at the hospital and seen so many lives saved from these individuals they deserve all the recongition and more for their duties...cheung saved 4 people that day .and probably 50 more while i was helping pops recover...what a wonderfull man to live his life to save others and restore families for a little longer...all the best to him and his family

flag | Submitted May 5, 2013

Anson Cheung a very skillful caring doctor who replaced my Mitral valve with a composite ring after he had operated on others at 3pm in the afternoon with one days notice to me,he fitted me in as a 76 yrs old man, I was so weak and only able to go upstairs on all fours. Since then I have been able to go out on a bike several times a week. St Paul's staff also were 100%,took great care of me. Once discharged and in the hands of my GP my problems came who had no idea what they had to "check up" on me. If you are booked for work with Anson,relax you got the best you could wish for,not a bit of doubt in my mind,who was admitted with a lot of fear. Now in my 80th year my heart is trouble free thanks to Anson Cheung and the staff on the 5th floor.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2013

Dr. Anson Cheung was very unprofessional and non informative when learning of my HIV status and quickly stopped my bypass surgery consulation. His uncaring and rudeness left me feeling stigmatized and discriminated against.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

I was medivacked to St. Pauls for a heart transplant. (from Prince George) The emergency ward here gave me a 20 percent chance of surviving the trip. I thank God when I arived Dr. Anson Cheung wan in the building. First he saved my life, then he saved my heart. He went out of his way to introduce himself to me, when the drugs had worn of (2 weeks later).And i'm grateful to have a face to put to the name of this "angel'. He is a world renouned surgeon and a very modest and caring person. He could work anywhere in the world , and he chooses Vancouver. And I am so glad he does. Both Dr. Cheung and St Pauls hospital is top class, the BEST.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011