Ratings for Dr. Andrew Jakubowski

VERY GOOD DOCTOR VERY HELPFUL IT'S TO BAD ALL DOCTORS CAN'T BE LIKE HIM

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

Very helpful, reassuring, and inspires confidence. I didn't find him cold, but rather cheerful and accommodating. I would recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

Dr. J has been my cardiologist for well over 5 years. He tells it like it is, and harped on me to enter the Healthy Heart program at RGH, which I did and now have been going to the gym on my own for a while now and feel great, and good about myself. Dr. J. I feel is a top notch Doc and if you are looking for a Dr. to coddle you, look elsewhere... He tells it like it is, its your life, take it or leave it !

flag | Submitted February 7, 2010

Very knowledgeable and detailed. Felt very comfortable and he took the time to explain test results and next steps.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2009

the doctor is very knowledgeable,very helpful and understending.Extremely fast and effcient.I am very confident in his practice and would recomend it too others.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2008

I was referred to Dr. Jakowbowski when I wanted to enter the Heart Healthy Program at the Richmond Hospital. I do have mixed emotions about him, but he did have some really good points like thinking about the gastric by-pass surgery, and the fact that the program would cover me even on lower income. The moment when I was not as convinced with him however, is when I was being examined, he put on the leads, and then took a look at the graph, and then told me to come back into his office. I was a bit worried. He didn't even spend the time to explain why he wouldn't do the stress test at that time. He wanted me to do a couple of months of exercising, before commencing with the last part of the exam with a light stress test. If you go to this doctor, he is good, but make sure that you do your homework, and have appropriate questions to ask, so that you know what is going on.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2008

Dr. J has been my families Cardiologist for a long time now, and I am so greatful to be his patient. He's accomodating to my circumstances, explains everything to me in detail, complete with diagrams to help visualize, and has taken personal interest in my families history in order to give the best possible care. i would highly recommend Dr. Jakubowski.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2007

Dr. Jakabowski was most helpfull and compasionate and suportive.After dealing with my medical problem, with Dr. Jakobowsi's help and encouragent I enroled in the Cardiac Rehab clinic and after completing the course have now joined a gym and the results have been incredible. I can only thank Dr. Jakobowski for my complete recovery and my new healthy lifestyle.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2007

Very cold and uncaring with my mother. Essentially said in front of her, "what is the point, why bother?" Would not come and see her in hospital. She has now been well for 1.5 years since her attack, although he seemed to have written her written off at the time. He seems to have good knowledge, but unacceptably poor communication skills, leading to increased anxiety for patients and families.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2007

Well, this guy tried, sort of. He's bedside manner leaves much to be desired. As I lay naked on the examing table he commented that I had the body of a woman who spent all of her time at the gym. I felt quite uncomfortable. However, he did try to reassure me and refer me to the hospitals heart rehabilitive centre. I did find he brushed all of my concerns aside and was very patroniising. I wouldn't recommnend him to others - he has a very acerbic personality.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2007