Ratings for Dr. Andrew Jakubowski

You would be lucky to find any doctor of his caliber .

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Pleasant Doctor. Did a thorough workup of my symptoms. Could not give me a conclusive Diagnosis given my younger age. Actually told me to wait in 5 years from now to see if anything new develops. Oh well!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

I have seen Dr. Jakubowski four times now following a heart attack in 2013. He has always displayed a caring and professional demeanor, and I feel very confident with the care I'm receiving. He listens very well and has been open to discussing and addressing any issue that has come up along the way. On the surface, Dr. Jakubowski appears very 'down to business', but after having seen him now a few times it's apparent that beneath the no-nonsense exterior is a caring and sincere man. I know I'm in good hands.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Dr. Jakubowski's immediate attentiveness to my totally unexpected coronary artery disease was critical in urgent addressing this problem and lead to prearranged further tests and, finally, to successful heart surgery carried out by dr. Hilton Ling. The follow up attention to my recovery by dr. Jakubowski has been very good. I evaluate dr. Jakubowski as compassionate examiner and excellent specialist. The office is run efficiently, the stuff good and friendly; all appointments have been on time . Excellent job, in summary.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

Dr. Jakubowski is a key member of the cardiac team that has given me a new lease on life. The other members are Dr. Michael Scott my GP, and Dr. Abel my surgeon at St. Pauls. Dr. "J" (as he is known in his clinic) inspires great confidence because he combines a very high level of competence with a reassuring human touch. I can't imagine a better cardiologist and a better team. All are highly recommended.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

Dr. J. has been my cardiologist for the last 12yrs. I find him to be extremely professional and knowledgeable. Once you get to know him he has a great sense of humor. He has never steered me wrong and he has always given me all of my options. I moved to Salmon Arm 5 yrs. ago and did not want to give him up for another cardiologist, so I make that 10 hour round trip twice a year to see him. He is extremely accommodating because of the distance I travel and will always fit me in if necessary. He actually called me one year before going on vacation to make sure I was ok and didn't have any issues. You can't ask for anymore than that. In my book he is #1 and I would put my heart in his hands anytime.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Not sure how I feel about this doctor. Seems knowledgeable but probably lacks some bedside manner. When I saw him he was hacking terribly during our talk and you could smell a bad odor from deep within his lungs. Could have been smoke or a very old coffee, not sure. If it was smoke, then my opinion drops right off. Anyone else have a sense of this?

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

I've been referred to this guy for a cardiac stress test. Instead, he "diagnosed" me with a depression and did not perform the test at all. Then he offered to prescribe Prozac because "it had a very good write up in Newsweek". Also referred me to a buddy psychiatrist, who in turn found absolutely nothing wrong with me. Not exactly the care you would expect from a competent cardiologist. My family doc gave him a "little talk", I got my stress test that showed serious problems with my heart, and I found myself a different cardiologist to treat me. If you can, you should do the same. Go to somebody else.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012

I was very impressed that Dr Jakubowski personally called my husband on his cell phone and squeezed him in for a 8:15am appointment as his office opens at 9am(he was fully booked for months ahead). He was friendly, competent and examined my husband thoroughly. He answered all our questions patiently and was 100% professional during our consultation with him. I would highly recommend this cardiologist anytime. I really appreciate his bedside manners with my husband as he put his mind at ease by explaining everything clearly and repeated himself when necessary. It is virtually impossible to find a doctor of such caliber with such a big heart!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2012

I was lucky enough to meet Dr. Jakubowski in the ER of Richmond Genaral Hospital over 10 years ago. He identified and treated my problem after a number of failed diagnosis in other hospitals. He has been supportive and helful since then and although I have had access to the most respected and reputable cardiac centres worldwide, I often go to him for his expert opinion and advice. I would recommned Dr. Jakubowski without hesitation to anyone in need of an expert cardiologist.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011