Ratings for Dr. Jennifer Oakes

Dr. Oakes was amazing. She was thorough, knowledgeable, honest and caring. Covered everything I came in for in a timely manner, but not rushed.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Dr. Oaks delivered both of my babies; she happened to be the on call ob at st-Paul's in both cases. She was amazing. Compassionate, caring, knowledgeable, and gets things done!! I'm so thankful to have had her.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Been a patient of Dr. Oakes for more almost 12 years, she is genuinely kind, caring and very knowledgeable. She would always go that extra mile for me. I had a very complicated pregnancy and i have so much to be thankful for if it wasn't for her. She came to visit me a few times in the hospital during her own personal time. Also, not sure what everyone else is talking about with the receptionist, she has always been great and very helpful.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

Dr. Oakes is a lovely women. Made me feel very comfortable. However her receptionist is terrible - as previously mentioned by others. Not helpful at all over the telephone and not a bit compassionate.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

Dr Oakes herself is ok.. a bit unsure of plan of action to take but her receptionist is awful. She does absolutely nothing to assist you and looks miserable, not even smiling when you go to the office. Numerous times she wasn't helpful, almost making me feel bad for asking for what I need. The other person who made a comment about the receptionist is right... she doesn't realize that most people going to see the Dr are anxious and a warm smile and helpfulness goes a long way. I'm looking to go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

On time,knowledgable,pleasant and easy to talk to....offered options and was very detailed.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

Was great with my c section put me at ease was so nervouse but calmed me down. Still seeing her 4 years later and wouldn't want to go to anyone else

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

Dr. Oakes was great. I had 2 successful pregnancies and I am still thankful for Dr. Oakes care after all those years. She always listened to my worries and addressed my concerns. She visited me in the ward before she went off duty to reassure me I would be in good hands. She let my older daughter listened to my 2nd babies heartbeats. Thank you, Dr. Oakes.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

I was referred to see Dr. Oakes from an ER visit at St. Paul's back in December. What seemed to be an appendix issue initially was actually very large fibroids that were causing me pain, abdomen distension and overall distress, in large part because I didn't know or understand what was going on with my body. I was instructed to call Dr. Oakes office to make an appointment immediately (since the surgeons couldn't operate to remove my appendix without addressing the fibroids first) and did so with great hope of finding a compassionate care provider who would help me through this difficult situation. The receptionist could not have been more rude to me and straight up refused to even give me a time when I could even think about hearing from them to even schedule an appointment. She was condescending and made a big deal about Dr. Oakes just getting off call and how she was way too busy to even look at my file. I admit I was feeling a bit vulnerable already with the distressing visit to the ER the previous day, but once I got off the phone with this lady, I cried for hours, it was that bad. Fast forward 6 months, I was able to see the wonderful Dr. Anderson back in January, who has been nothing but amazing, supportive, compassionate and knowledgeable. I have been through multiple ultrasounds and already seen a significant reduction in size of my fibroids from the treatment he has put me on. A plan is being put in place to remove my appendix shortly and I am feeling great. From Dr. Oakes office, I just got the phone call a few weeks ago to schedule a first appointment. So glad I moved on from this terrible experience and instead of suffering for the last six months with my painful symptoms and waiting in limbo, found instead a fantastic Dr. who could address my health needs in a timely and caring manner.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

The front line staff of any office usually sets the tone of any business or office. Marisol's approach is "F" you. She is unapologetically rude, has no regard of what any patient may be experiencing and constantly makes excuses for any question that you have of that office. She gets away with this behaviour because Dr. Oakes is the same way. There is no organization in that office. They are insincere and disingenuous. Marisol stares at you with dead, blank eyes willing you to walk away...which works because she is not helpful in any way and you leave completely frustrated. Dr. Oakes does not look you in the eyes when she talks to you. Her eyes are fluttering around madly which makes you wonder if she knows what she is talking about. It seems as if she is searching for answers in the ceiling tiles. I am continually waiting for an appointment...I usually end up calling them to MAKE the appointment. I've been waiting 12 weeks for an appointment time. I am not expecting an immediate appointment, just ANY appointment time...even if it is 5 months from now. It's a good thing that I'm not having a baby...because it will be born before I get in to see her!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016