Ratings for Dr. Jennifer Oakes

Dr. Oakes was great. I had 2 successful pregnancies and I am still thankful for Dr. Oakes care after all those years. She always listened to my worries and addressed my concerns. She visited me in the ward before she went off duty to reassure me I would be in good hands. She let my older daughter listened to my 2nd babies heartbeats. Thank you, Dr. Oakes.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

I was referred to see Dr. Oakes from an ER visit at St. Paul's back in December. What seemed to be an appendix issue initially was actually very large fibroids that were causing me pain, abdomen distension and overall distress, in large part because I didn't know or understand what was going on with my body. I was instructed to call Dr. Oakes office to make an appointment immediately (since the surgeons couldn't operate to remove my appendix without addressing the fibroids first) and did so with great hope of finding a compassionate care provider who would help me through this difficult situation. The receptionist could not have been more rude to me and straight up refused to even give me a time when I could even think about hearing from them to even schedule an appointment. She was condescending and made a big deal about Dr. Oakes just getting off call and how she was way too busy to even look at my file. I admit I was feeling a bit vulnerable already with the distressing visit to the ER the previous day, but once I got off the phone with this lady, I cried for hours, it was that bad. Fast forward 6 months, I was able to see the wonderful Dr. Anderson back in January, who has been nothing but amazing, supportive, compassionate and knowledgeable. I have been through multiple ultrasounds and already seen a significant reduction in size of my fibroids from the treatment he has put me on. A plan is being put in place to remove my appendix shortly and I am feeling great. From Dr. Oakes office, I just got the phone call a few weeks ago to schedule a first appointment. So glad I moved on from this terrible experience and instead of suffering for the last six months with my painful symptoms and waiting in limbo, found instead a fantastic Dr. who could address my health needs in a timely and caring manner.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

The front line staff of any office usually sets the tone of any business or office. Marisol's approach is "F" you. She is unapologetically rude, has no regard of what any patient may be experiencing and constantly makes excuses for any question that you have of that office. She gets away with this behaviour because Dr. Oakes is the same way. There is no organization in that office. They are insincere and disingenuous. Marisol stares at you with dead, blank eyes willing you to walk away...which works because she is not helpful in any way and you leave completely frustrated. Dr. Oakes does not look you in the eyes when she talks to you. Her eyes are fluttering around madly which makes you wonder if she knows what she is talking about. It seems as if she is searching for answers in the ceiling tiles. I am continually waiting for an appointment...I usually end up calling them to MAKE the appointment. I've been waiting 12 weeks for an appointment time. I am not expecting an immediate appointment, just ANY appointment time...even if it is 5 months from now. It's a good thing that I'm not having a baby...because it will be born before I get in to see her!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Saw Dr Oakes at st pauls hospital where she was on call. She was rude and pretty much accused me of lying about the pain I was in. She is not compassionate at all. Pretty much the worst dr i have ever seen.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

I have never been so happy with a OBGYN after having serious unexplained chronic pain for 9 months, she was able to put than to an end. While being the nicest, sweetest, honest and patient doctor I have ever seen. (and that's saying a lot. I saw at least 8 doctors in this terrible time in my life and she was by far the best in every way.)

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Dr. Oakes delivered my son via emergency C-section, (i was terrified, I was in pain and I had no idea what to expect) but Dr. Oakes gave me a big hug right before the surgery, held me tight while receiving my epidural and performed the surgery perfectly. I would recommend her to anyone who wants a capable surgeon. She visited me once after surgery to make sure I was ok, and she visited me a 2nd time after my husband told my nurses that I was in pain. My own Dr. took excellent care of me after my surgery but Dr. Oakes still visited me twice. to make sure I was fine.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

She has taken care of all 3 of my sister's kids. She is kind and caring. love her

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

During my pregnancies she was reliable, perfect for me....'kept everything in her hand'.... She was my doctor doing my 2 C sections and helped me in everything. Very helpful end caring.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

Dr. Oakes was kind, gave me the attention that I needed, and guided me through a difficult pregnancy. I am so grateful to have a doctor that put my needs first and listened to my concerns.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

I am writing this on behalf of a dear friend who is battling late diagnosed ovarian cancer. She originally saw Dr. Oakes several years earlier and recalled not having cared much for her bedside manner, but rather than following her "gut" and requesting a different gynaecologist, she went ahead and saw her. This was a life altering decision and one that she regrets profoundly. Dr. Oakes misdiagnoses cost her precious months which could have been used to fight a cancer when it was less intrusive. Instead she was told she had fibroids and had to argue to convince Dr. Oakes that the numerous pessaries she tried were not fitting and not because she was "too sensitive", but due to a large tumour! Thankfully, frustrated by the trying months with Dr. Oakes she sought a second opinion. Within minutes of her first appointment she was told she had a large tumour, was sent for an ultrasound and began radiation two days later.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014