You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Jennifer Oakes

The front line staff of any office usually sets the tone of any business or office. Marisol's approach is "F" you. She is unapologetically rude, has no regard of what any patient may be experiencing and constantly makes excuses for any question that you have of that office. She gets away with this behaviour because Dr. Oakes is the same way. There is no organization in that office. They are insincere and disingenuous. Marisol stares at you with dead, blank eyes willing you to walk away...which works because she is not helpful in any way and you leave completely frustrated. Dr. Oakes does not look you in the eyes when she talks to you. Her eyes are fluttering around madly which makes you wonder if she knows what she is talking about. It seems as if she is searching for answers in the ceiling tiles. I am continually waiting for an appointment...I usually end up calling them to MAKE the appointment. I've been waiting 12 weeks for an appointment time. I am not expecting an immediate appointment, just ANY appointment time...even if it is 5 months from now. It's a good thing that I'm not having a baby...because it will be born before I get in to see her!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Saw Dr Oakes at st pauls hospital where she was on call. She was rude and pretty much accused me of lying about the pain I was in. She is not compassionate at all. Pretty much the worst dr i have ever seen.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

I have never been so happy with a OBGYN after having serious unexplained chronic pain for 9 months, she was able to put than to an end. While being the nicest, sweetest, honest and patient doctor I have ever seen. (and that's saying a lot. I saw at least 8 doctors in this terrible time in my life and she was by far the best in every way.)

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Dr. Oakes delivered my son via emergency C-section, (i was terrified, I was in pain and I had no idea what to expect) but Dr. Oakes gave me a big hug right before the surgery, held me tight while receiving my epidural and performed the surgery perfectly. I would recommend her to anyone who wants a capable surgeon. She visited me once after surgery to make sure I was ok, and she visited me a 2nd time after my husband told my nurses that I was in pain. My own Dr. took excellent care of me after my surgery but Dr. Oakes still visited me twice. to make sure I was fine.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

During my pregnancies she was reliable, perfect for me....'kept everything in her hand'.... She was my doctor doing my 2 C sections and helped me in everything. Very helpful end caring.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

Dr. Oakes was kind, gave me the attention that I needed, and guided me through a difficult pregnancy. I am so grateful to have a doctor that put my needs first and listened to my concerns.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

I am writing this on behalf of a dear friend who is battling late diagnosed ovarian cancer. She originally saw Dr. Oakes several years earlier and recalled not having cared much for her bedside manner, but rather than following her "gut" and requesting a different gynaecologist, she went ahead and saw her. This was a life altering decision and one that she regrets profoundly. Dr. Oakes misdiagnoses cost her precious months which could have been used to fight a cancer when it was less intrusive. Instead she was told she had fibroids and had to argue to convince Dr. Oakes that the numerous pessaries she tried were not fitting and not because she was "too sensitive", but due to a large tumour! Thankfully, frustrated by the trying months with Dr. Oakes she sought a second opinion. Within minutes of her first appointment she was told she had a large tumour, was sent for an ultrasound and began radiation two days later.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

Unprofessional, patronizing staff who do not care about the well being of pregnant woman and a secretary that screws up peoples appointments and really doesn't deserve to work there. I would not recommend with place to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

I've only been a few times to see Dr. Oaks and she seemed ok, although she kept me waiting both times.Her receptionist (Marium?) I think that's her name, is very rude and not at all helpful. I can not believe she still hasn't improved her people skills with the other negative reviews from other patients. She has lost my appointments and filed referrals from my GP, without calling me to set up an appointment. So I had to go to the end of the list and wait again for another 3 months.She then made it sound like it was my fault. Not impressed!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2014

Dr. Jennifer Oakes's Credentials

MSP/BC Med
Pacificare

Updates

• A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "The front line staff of any office usually sets the tone of any business or office. Marisol's approach is "F" you. She is unapologetically rude, has no regard..."

February 10, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Saw Dr Oakes at st pauls hospital where she was on call. She was rude and pretty much accused me of lying about the pain I was in. She is not compassionate at a..."

December 8, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I have never been so happy with a OBGYN after having serious unexplained chronic pain for 9 months, she was able to put than to an end. While being the nicest, ..."

October 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Oakes delivered my son via emergency C-section, (i was terrified, I was in pain and I had no idea what to expect) but Dr. Oakes gave me a big hug right befo..."

September 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She has taken care of all 3 of my sister's kids. She is kind and caring. love her"

August 20, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "During my pregnancies she was reliable, perfect for me....'kept everything in her hand'.... She was my doctor doing my 2 C sections and helped me in everythin..."

March 30, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Oakes was kind, gave me the attention that I needed, and guided me through a difficult pregnancy. I am so grateful to have a doctor that put my needs first..."

November 14, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I am writing this on behalf of a dear friend who is battling late diagnosed ovarian cancer. She originally saw Dr. Oakes several years earlier and recalled not ..."

November 4, 2014