Ratings for Dr. Jennifer Oakes

The best doctor I’ve ever had! I totally recommend Dr. Jennifer Oakes!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

Dr Oakes was one the the best decisions I made. Her and her team make me feel so comfortable and she had made me feel at ease with my gestational diabetes. She is honest and really makes it feel like you are not just another patient. I cannot imagine having another OB though my pregnancy. I Love her receptionist, not sure what everyone else is talking about.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

I had two healthy babies under Dr. Oakes's care, and while I know she always had my best interests at heart, a couple of things did bother me. With my first pregnancy, she surprised me with a sweep at 38 weeks without discussing it first with me--and I did end up delivering within a couple of days. A friend of mine said she did the same to her. I was shocked, and didn't understand why it was necessary. It felt quite violating to have that happen when you are being examined, pretty powerless with legs in stirrups, and not given time to say yes or no, or even a reason for doing it. When I questioned the need for extra ultrasounds, especially with my second baby, she seemed annoyed and dismissive. When a U/S at 36 weeks with my second told me the baby was over 9lbs already, I was kind of panicked. When he delivered two weeks later just over 7 lbs, she told me "I knew he wasn't that big, the ultrasounds are really unreliable on weight". So what's the point of having them to measure size if they aren't accurate?? Anyhow, this is a while ago now, but it has always bothered me and I wanted to get a message out about this. I hope that she has improved her approach since having children of her own.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

The best Dr I've ever had. I strongly recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

I had an emergency c section by Dr. Oakes . I was very anxious but she put me at ease. Very nice doctor.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2017

Dr Oakes and her assistant Marigen are very helpful, kind and compassionate. I had a surgery done by Dr Oakes and I am recovering nicely. I would strongly recommend her to everyone!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

Dr. Oakes was amazing. She was thorough, knowledgeable, honest and caring. Covered everything I came in for in a timely manner, but not rushed.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Dr. Oaks delivered both of my babies; she happened to be the on call ob at st-Paul's in both cases. She was amazing. Compassionate, caring, knowledgeable, and gets things done!! I'm so thankful to have had her.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Been a patient of Dr. Oakes for more almost 12 years, she is genuinely kind, caring and very knowledgeable. She would always go that extra mile for me. I had a very complicated pregnancy and i have so much to be thankful for if it wasn't for her. She came to visit me a few times in the hospital during her own personal time. Also, not sure what everyone else is talking about with the receptionist, she has always been great and very helpful.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

Dr. Oakes is a lovely women. Made me feel very comfortable. However her receptionist is terrible - as previously mentioned by others. Not helpful at all over the telephone and not a bit compassionate.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017