Ratings for Dr. Lance D. Levy

Dr. Levi is the expert on weight loss and management. I was told by a friend who had gone to him and she was able to get pregnant after losing the weight, being helped by Dr. Levi. She only regretted not going earlier. I had referred a friend who was very upset with him and his comments only to find out years later that he was correct. If you are in denial or cannot accept the truth, it has nothing to do with his wisdom or his skills. I highly recommend him as he has been doing this for a very long time. I trust all his comments as I feel he has saved my life by picking up on things that my doctor did not. In addition, he takes the time to assess each person so you are getting individual care. I believe he is the best doctor I have met in my whole life My career was a nurse so this is a huge compliment as I have met many doctors.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

It is difficult for me to read these reviews and not feel at least a bit perplexed. I understand he lacks some bedside manner, but for the most part this could be described as direct or "no bullsh*t" which is fine by me. I am busy. People should also remember that NO doctor should be entirely taken at their word, every patient should be their own advocate for their health and seek second opinions, and validate with their own research. Unfortunately, we live in a world where consumerism exceeds the importance of our individual health. All doctors are swayed by pharm companies and all will have their bias/reasons for why they diagnose. Levy listened to me, asked appropriate questions, and did the best he could with the information I provided for him. If I didn't agree with him, I articulated why. NO doctor can force you to take/change/increase medication, people need to begin taking ownership for their own decisions if they feel uncomfortable remember you are free to seek another opinion or never return to Dr. Levy. Overall, I did not feel uncomfortable in his home office, I did not feel he was rude. I did feel he pushed a medication on me that I did not feel necessary, after I clearly and calmly articulated why, he dropped the matter and didn't return to it.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

I was referred to 'Dr' Levy by my family doctor for treatment related to ADHD (I had been treated as a child for ADD but wanted to begin exploring my options as an adult).... I don't know how he markets himself as an adult ADD specialist considering he's a paediatrician.... first he tried to immediately diagnose me with bipolar. Then he 'diagnosed' me with ADD based on a short survey-like form that he went through with me.... then he decided that the best course of action was to put me on an antidepressant that he claimed also treated ADD... throughout this entire time I was weary of him and getting very bad vibes. I took the sample home of the meds he gave me and researched it. Very bad findings and barely out of the experimental faze. Also, many claims of the drug being pushed by doctors for the pharmaceutical company. I chose not to take it and not to return to Mr. Levy. I have since gotten an amazing psychiatrist (specializing in adult ADHD) and she was appalled by what he prescribed and his claims.... and then..... I get a 'bill' in the mail from this Wack job for 'nutritional services'.... um excuse me?

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

I have never met a more accurate doctor then lance levy. He is smart and very attentive. My life has changed for the best since I've met this doctor. He has helped me greatly and is always there when I need him. Lisa Thomad

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

Very well rounded approach and thoughtful. My experience has been incredibly positive

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Dr. Levy should be avoided. A pedetrician who thinks he's is a psychiatrist. He falsely diagnosed me with Bipolar 2 disorder when I had no hypomania in my history. The mediation he prescribed made me feel awful, gained a ton of weight and left me in a worse place than when I first saw him. My new doctor couldn't believe his diagnosis and medication advice as there was no history to justify his diagnosis. He also advised me to email him to check in how the new medication was going. A month later I got a bill in the mail for over 300 dollars for "email" charges. I told him I would not be paying as he is the one that told me to email. It is also very odd to have to go see a doctor out of their home, with other patient documentation all over his desk let alone only having a receptionist 2 days a week. Go to a REAL psychiatrist.....I wasted a year feeling awful under his care!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Dr. Levy misrepresents himself as a psychologist, but is actually a pedatrician by training. He seems to be more interested in shilling for certain medication brands and expensive products rather than genuinely helping patients.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

Dr. Levy is an incredibly rude and arrogant man. My symptoms of depression and anxiety actually increased under his care. He frequently changed and added to my medications. Any concerns I expressed about potential side effects were simply laughed off. In a few instances, he actually took me off meds which had been working. I've never had an appointment with him that started on time. There were a couple of instances where I just saw him for 10 minutes (I live 45 minutes away from his office by subway).

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

AVOID AT HIGH COST! he messed me up with meds, he likes to experiment on patients, he will not listen to you even when the meds are backfiring. he made me take even more of the same that was torturing me. he is unavailable all week, only has a secretary 2 days a week. he even took away my drivers license and gave me no reason other than a bipolar 2 diagnosis....its not a condition that impairs driving. He is an egoistical and generally bad doctor

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

To be avoided! I was initially referred to see Dr. Levy to try a different type of ADHD medication that doesn't trigger my hypertension (averaging around 140/90 with blood pressure meds). Before that I had been on a very effective / low dose of stimulants that served me well for 7+ years. The new medication he put me on soon proved ineffective with ADHD symptoms like sleep and impulse control issues, which ended up costing me my job a few weeks after I started taking it. Dr. Levy first acknowledged that the new medication is probably to blame and wrote me a medical letter entitling me to EI medical benefits. I was so appreciative of his gesture but later realized that he had taken credit for having just diagnosed me with ADHD when I had been on very effective medication for years prior to seeing him. During the first 4 months on the new stimulants, the dose was increased steadily but I was still having serious problems focusing on my job search and my blood pressure remained the same. Dr. Levy refused to acknowledge the obvious saying that we should give the medication more time and started lecturing me on my social skills and giving me assigned readings to improve them. When I expressed my dissatisfaction with his methods at his insistence that I share my thoughts on our progress, he accused me of a serious personality disorder, that he couldn't help me and refused to renew my medication. Later that day he called my family doctor, who told me about their 30-minute long phone conversation during which Dr. Levy verbally recommended that I be sent to a psychiatrist for a personality evaluation but neglected to make that recommendation in writing, evidently to avoid the paper trail proving his utter spitefulness and ruthless thirst for revenge. After being cleared of any personality disorder by a CAMH assigned psychiatrist, my family Dr. accepted to continue prescribing the new medication for me. A year after having followed Levy's advice to switch ADHD medication, I'm back to my old effective meds, which allowed me to land a new job as a software developer after having been sluggish and incapable of performing well enough to get any job offers for a record-breaking 8 months period under his recommended meds. I recently looked up Levy's official practice record only to discover he had his license suspended for a whole year in 2003 and had to pay 10,000 in fines due to his disgraceful behaviour with one of his long-time patients. Here is the public record of the disciplinary action taken against him: http://www.cpso.on.ca/public-register/doctor-details.aspx?view=4&id=%2031032 Do yourself a favour and check the full details out before you lounge into the abyss.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2016