Ratings for Dr. Greg Pickering

Dr. Pickering was a key factor in saving our relationship. As a matter of fact, we were 3 months into Divorce proceedings and we thought we'd get Dr. Pickering to help us for mediation. After our initial interview, he recommended we give it one last try. He proved himself after our initial couples therapy session. His method of treatment, from communication to the type of therapy(EFT) conducted was most instrumental on setting both my wife and I on a path to reconciliation. The tools he gave us were most effective and they worked. We had tried other psychologists in the past and Dr. Pickering was in a class of his own. Needless to say, Divorce is off the table and my wife and I are building a refreshed loving relationship! As others reviewers have noted, he is " the real deal ". Thank you Dr. Pickering!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Direct, effective communicator. Was instrumental in improving my relationship with my ex in a way that allowed us to be better parents. This guy is the real deal!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Dr. Pickering was the missing key to my reversal of fortunes. He swayed me from a self destructive angry life towards self knowledge and satisfaction. Best of all, there was no hand waving mumbo jumbo, just matter-of-fact, highly compassionate human interaction. Quite simply the most rewarding relationship I've ever had with a professional.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

If you are looking for a mamba pamby psychologist who listens to your woe is me's, dr. Pickering may not be the right guy. My experience is that he is a direct no nonsense psychologist who expects ou to do the work and is Illinois to hold you accountable. I have had great success with him Adam certainly glad that I found him.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

I have seen Dr Pickering on an off over the last 10 years. I must say that is has been very helpful me and my daughters and has guided us over rough patches. I found him warm and cary but also brutally honest: a trait of character that is not compatible with everyone. I have grown over the years from seing him and he has given me very good guidance.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

Called the office put on hold eventually hung-up. Called back Dr P answered said he would have to call me back. Then called back and answered most of my questions but gave me a ref to a document that did not help much. He then abruptly ended the call saying he had a Patient. If he did not have time to talk or I think if he would have given me some indication that he did not have time to talk or limited time I would not have been so put off.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013

Not the most approachable/warm and fuzzy... but I found him to be a good listener. Most importantly, my children felt they could open up to him, and both felt he listened to their concerns.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2013

I tried to leave a comment, but it got erased and I got a message that negative reviews aren't allowed to be left for this doctor unless you were logged in. SO DO NOT BELIEVE ALL RATINGS ON THIS SYSTEM, because I have not left a rating before, and it is not fair that I need to create a profile! I found this doctor rude and arrogant. I really wanted help, but he was playing mind games. I left suicidal, which sucked because this was my first experience with a psychologist, and now i feel like I can not trust any of them. He is a horrible man, and I wish I had never laid eyes on him. DO NOT GO TO SEE HIM!!!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012

I was very disapointed because I got nothing useful except platitudes and criticism. I also did not think Dr. P. was very interested in my problems.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2010

Dr. Pickering is an amazing psychologist. He is an emphatic listener and has an incredible knack for cuting through the crap and getting to the work that needs to be done. I had two bad experiences with previous psycholgists. Turns out neither of them had a PHD, maybe that's the difference? I won't be looking for another psychologist ... as I've finally found one worth his weight in gold. Hard to get in to see him but highly recommend him! Thanks Dr. Pickering.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2008