Ratings for Dr. Greg Pickering

I was quite troubled reading some of Dr. Pickerings recent reviews. We saw Dr. Pickering as a family several years ago and recently felt a need t re -engage with him. Our experience has always been incredibly positive. We find him empathetic, knowledgeable and anything but arrogant. He has been incredibly helpful with developing a parenting plan for our family. Not everyone in the family was completely thrilled with the plan but at the end of the day we tried it and everyone agrees that there is far less conflict in our home and that we are a better, stronger family because of Dr. Pickering's work. My sense is that because of Dr. pickering's extensive experience, some of the most challenging, high conflict cases wind up in his office . Perhaps with high conflict cases there are winners and losers and the conflict arises out of people's inability to accept their role and their need to blame others around them. I've never felt compelled to defend a review before but feel strongly that the seemingly angry clients that have written the most recent reviews may be extremely difficult people who maybe didn't get their own way in the end. I mean seriously....every rating was a 1 from staff to punctuality et el. Seriously folks? He's been late a few times but tha is really my only complaint. I suppose my last comment is did any of you who wrote the scathing and incredibly insensitive reviews at least have the decency to discuss it with this good man before posting your comments on this site? I know that Dr. Pickering cares very much about what he does and would want to know how he could have helped you differently. I for one, will continue to bring my family to see him and will continue to refer others as well. My sister and a good friend of mine have also been very impressed and I will encourage them to respond to provide some balance. I know for my next appointment, I will arrive with an open mind and a willingness to learn and know that I will continue to be in very capable hands.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2018

Cared more about $ and ego. Made things worse. Wasn't concerned about ex's lies-stating that was in the past. People who lie in the past are certainly going to lie during counselling sessions-a child would know that. Acted like he knew my children better than me, despite never having met them.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2018

Most useless psychologist. I have no idea why he is accredited to complete PN7's -- he hates lawyers and court and did nothing for well over a year except take money from my ex-wife and me in the most uesless counselling sessions ever. Didn't come close to resolving any problems and it was tooth and nail to get him into court and he was still a quivering, non--committal respondent despite being paid thousands for just being there. We were directed to another psychologist who has been absolutely amazing, actually accomplishes things and is qualified to do PN7s but we haven't needed to continue them. Our child immediately responded to the new psychologist. Avoid Pickering! There are better people out there! He did more damage than good and at a huge cost!

Submitted January 13, 2018

This psychologist used to be top notch. Wouldn’t recommend him to anyone now. Lies and doesn’t follow through on what he says he will do. It’s really too bad.

Submitted October 6, 2017

Don't go to him! Biassed and arrogant. Seemed ok at first but things got worse every time I saw him

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

Dr Pickering like al psychologists has his own biases and they show through in his session. Even so he works to ensure his client(s) have room to express their needs, feelings or perspecive and work for other's to understand same. He takes his time in sessions and willing to put in overtime for everyones sake....

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

Dr. Pickering was a key factor in saving our relationship. As a matter of fact, we were 3 months into Divorce proceedings and we thought we'd get Dr. Pickering to help us for mediation. After our initial interview, he recommended we give it one last try. He proved himself after our initial couples therapy session. His method of treatment, from communication to the type of therapy(EFT) conducted was most instrumental on setting both my wife and I on a path to reconciliation. The tools he gave us were most effective and they worked. We had tried other psychologists in the past and Dr. Pickering was in a class of his own. Needless to say, Divorce is off the table and my wife and I are building a refreshed loving relationship! As others reviewers have noted, he is " the real deal ". Thank you Dr. Pickering!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Direct, effective communicator. Was instrumental in improving my relationship with my ex in a way that allowed us to be better parents. This guy is the real deal!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Dr. Pickering was the missing key to my reversal of fortunes. He swayed me from a self destructive angry life towards self knowledge and satisfaction. Best of all, there was no hand waving mumbo jumbo, just matter-of-fact, highly compassionate human interaction. Quite simply the most rewarding relationship I've ever had with a professional.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

If you are looking for a mamba pamby psychologist who listens to your woe is me's, dr. Pickering may not be the right guy. My experience is that he is a direct no nonsense psychologist who expects ou to do the work and is Illinois to hold you accountable. I have had great success with him Adam certainly glad that I found him.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013