Ratings for Dr. Greg Pickering

Most useless psychologist. I have no idea why he is accredited to complete PN7's -- he hates lawyers and court and did nothing for well over a year except take money from my ex-wife and me in the most uesless counselling sessions ever. Didn't come close to resolving any problems and it was tooth and nail to get him into court and he was still a quivering, non--committal respondent despite being paid thousands for just being there. We were directed to another psychologist who has been absolutely amazing, actually accomplishes things and is qualified to do PN7s but we haven't needed to continue them. Our child immediately responded to the new psychologist. Avoid Pickering! There are better people out there! He did more damage than good and at a huge cost!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2018

This psychologist used to be top notch. Wouldn’t recommend him to anyone now. Lies and doesn’t follow through on what he says he will do. It’s really too bad.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Don't go to him! Biassed and arrogant. Seemed ok at first but things got worse every time I saw him

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

Dr Pickering like al psychologists has his own biases and they show through in his session. Even so he works to ensure his client(s) have room to express their needs, feelings or perspecive and work for other's to understand same. He takes his time in sessions and willing to put in overtime for everyones sake....

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

typical individual in this field.... tells you one thing does another.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

Dr. Pickering was a key factor in saving our relationship. As a matter of fact, we were 3 months into Divorce proceedings and we thought we'd get Dr. Pickering to help us for mediation. After our initial interview, he recommended we give it one last try. He proved himself after our initial couples therapy session. His method of treatment, from communication to the type of therapy(EFT) conducted was most instrumental on setting both my wife and I on a path to reconciliation. The tools he gave us were most effective and they worked. We had tried other psychologists in the past and Dr. Pickering was in a class of his own. Needless to say, Divorce is off the table and my wife and I are building a refreshed loving relationship! As others reviewers have noted, he is " the real deal ". Thank you Dr. Pickering!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Direct, effective communicator. Was instrumental in improving my relationship with my ex in a way that allowed us to be better parents. This guy is the real deal!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Dr. Pickering was the missing key to my reversal of fortunes. He swayed me from a self destructive angry life towards self knowledge and satisfaction. Best of all, there was no hand waving mumbo jumbo, just matter-of-fact, highly compassionate human interaction. Quite simply the most rewarding relationship I've ever had with a professional.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

If you are looking for a mamba pamby psychologist who listens to your woe is me's, dr. Pickering may not be the right guy. My experience is that he is a direct no nonsense psychologist who expects ou to do the work and is Illinois to hold you accountable. I have had great success with him Adam certainly glad that I found him.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

I have seen Dr Pickering on an off over the last 10 years. I must say that is has been very helpful me and my daughters and has guided us over rough patches. I found him warm and cary but also brutally honest: a trait of character that is not compatible with everyone. I have grown over the years from seing him and he has given me very good guidance.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013