Ratings for Dr. Stephen Genuis

Dr. Genuis is not an Occupational Therapist. A better way to get a sense of this Physicians knowledge and skill is to read some of his 122 research papers, check with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons where he his in good standing and attend one of his lectures. These sites don't 'qualify' people writing these reviews and have no basis. The facts are: He is a Specialist, you need a referral from your FP to see He is the author of three books as well as publications in diverse international medical journals including the Lancet, British Medical Journal, Canadian Medical Association Journal, Public Health, the American Board of Family Practic He is both clinician and researcher, he is board-certified in both Obstetrics and Gynecology as well as in Environmental Medicine He has delivered over six thousand infants and worked with teenagers in crisis for many years He served as the women’s health care physician for an inner city clinic, worked as an Obstetrician/Gynecologist at a University teaching hospital for many years, and served as co-director of medical services in a hospital in West Africa Included in his awards are the Commemorative Medal from the Governor General in recognition of significant contribution to Canada, the 1983 ‘Resident of the Year’ award chosen by the graduating medical class at the University of Alberta medical school, and a ‘Teacher of the Year’ award from the University of Alberta – where he serves as a clinical associate Professor in the Faculty of Medicine Discern for yourself based on facts, not unqualified opinons of nameless internet trolls.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

This man epitomizes the future of medicine, his work will leave a legacy that lasts generations. He has single handily addressed the health issues of my father he was tossed around the healthcare system and given no resolution to his previous ailments.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Dr.Genuis is a superior, exceptionally knowledgeable doctor who will not only address your symptoms, but also the root cause of all modern disease. If you are prepared to follow his guidance and thoroughly complete the protocols at home, success and radiant wellness are possible. A truly humble, amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

Dr Genuis is very passionate about environmental medicine and the effects of toxins and other environmental factors on our bodies. His treatments are somewhat misguided and very expensive - he seems to treat everyone the same and does not have a customized or specific plan for each patient. After two years of being on his program and seeing no positive effects I quit the program. I must say that it was not a very good two years - very restricted diet and a very aggressive detox program that ended up making me very weak but having no effect on my condition. Dr Genuis needs to listen to his patients and not derive his own conclusions from the treatments - I had on numerous occasions complained of negative effects from the treatments only to have him write in his notes that things were progressing positively.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

Despite being told there was a 2 year wait list, I was fortunate to get in after 6months due to a cancellation. Dr. G. has solved two problems, one which was unresponsive, the other had not been identified. Costs of supplements for 2 conditions were my choice. With changes in eating as well, I was able to turn high insulin levels around in 3 months and maintain improved heath . He has been very thorough, professional and respectful for the past 3-4 years.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

A kind man and outstanding physician who identified the root cause of my major illness, guided me on how to heal it, and educated me on how to prevent future occurrences, including healthy and detrimental life choices. I will be forever grateful for this caring man!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

This doctor has changed my entire life and health. It was definetly expensive to start but the majority of the cost seems to go to the very expensive testing that Canadian health insurance needs to catch up with. I came off of medication for Adult ADD and gastrointenstinal issues and lost 20 pounds in the first few months alone!! I am commited to the program for 2 years as most of the benefits are long term dont expect a quick fix (even though you might get one), that is not the way "Health" works but its the way we have been led to believe fixes can be achieved. The way Dr. Genuis aims to improve you entire health seems to be unheard of in this day and age. Read his articles online before you go so you know what the program will be. This is the future of medicine (yet its utulizing many timeless ideas) and it consists of proper nutrition and environmental changes (removing toxins) rather than popping a pill for each ill. If you dont want to follow the strict food guidelines and make changes to what you use in your home I dont think you should waste your money. Continue living as you do and let other patients improve their lifestyle. Commit to the program and you will get out what you put in. I have been...

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

I have been passed around the medical system for years and given many separate diagnoses even though I am still a young individual and should not have so many health issues. Instead of looking at these issues independently, Dr. Genuis was able to make sense of them in the bigger picture of what's going on in my body and all my chronic issues finally made sense. In years and years of treatment and trying everything under the sun, I didn't see results even close to comparable to what I've experienced working with Dr. Genuis for only 5 months. Yes, it's extremely expensive but I can't put a price on how finally being healthy has improved my quality of life from this point forward. He does not make any promises but will work relentlessly to see you get healthy and expects you to put in the same effort and attention into your own success. His methods and approach is made very clear before you sign on to be his patient and he strongly desires to work with patients only if they are completely ok with complying with his advice, as odd as it might be some times. In my experience it has been 100% worth it!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

I believed in Dr. Genuis when I first started seeing him. He makes alot of promises. Unfortunately, after spending thousands of dollars I have not found solutions to my health issues. I do not think that they are all that complex and have found much better assistance from a naturopath. I had gone to Dr. Genuis for several years, and as of late, I find him rude, unapproachable and dismissive. He continues to make promises and will readily take you on a 'wild goose chase', spending thousands of your dollars. I would not waste my time or money on this doctor.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2012

This doctor saved my son's life and returned me to health. I am eternally grateful. He and his staff are wonderful beyond words. It is sad that cowardly imposters from drug and telecommunications companies pretend to be patients and make up malicious gossip on this site. Too bad he doesn't take many new patients.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2012