Ratings for Dr. Linda Carter

Dr Carter is the worst doctor I've ever been to. She misdiagnosed me when I was 18. Said I had a really bad yeast infection when it was actually hpv and untreated gave me cancer cells in my cervix. I will die before having her treat me. Her bedside manner is non existent also.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Great Doctor! Front staff is very rude. They need customer service skills!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

I really like Dr. Carter. She is natural, real and listens. I get that she is busy but if I go in prepared with a list of concerns she goes thru it all with me. Doesn't panic or overreact.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Worst doctor ever! Has misdiagnosed 3 friends with Cancer. 2 were cases of skin cancer and my neighbor fell and broke her ankle and then became very sick. She was bed ridden and Dr. Carter told her she was constipated and needed an medication for constipation Turned out she was full of stomach cancer and it was not caught in time and she died months later. I too went to the walk in clinic to be seen by her and was told to go home - it was cold and flu season. I ended up in emergency very sick with Pneumonia and took 6 months to recover. Needless to say I wouldn't go to her is she was the only doctor in the area! If you need a misdiagnosis - she's your Doctor.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Carter for about 12 or 13 years. Always will fit me in, and always takes her time with me and answers all my questions. She is caring, and very knowledgeable. Never once did she brush me off or just prescribe something to get rid of me. Without her I would be dead today. I couldn't have found a better doctor. She is NOT money hungry. She works hard and deserves all the time off that she takes. Don't forget Doctors also do other things like go to seminars, and learn constantly, so she may not technically be on vaction. People who bash her are idiots.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

She has treated my family for years and works hard to accommodate us and fit is in all. She tends to lean towards the positive side and only will prescribe meds it you need them... Yet she is very busy and sometimes that shows in the amount of time she has with her... The Nurse Practioner she works with is amazing!!!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

Dr. carter has been my physician for 15 years. For the first approximately 10 years she was fantastic! However I have noticed two things. Since she opened her new walk in clinic at south Fort Fort Saskatchewan she is almost never there! Almost every time I call to book an apt she is on holidays! However when she is there it is relatively easy to get in to see her within a few days, but expect to wait for about an hour after your booked apt watching walk in patients go in ahead of you. As for her assessments and treatment, I am pretty much feeling hopeless. Since she diagnosed me with depression Any time I go in she seems annoyed and brushes off EVERYTHING on my depression. She brushed off what she told me was a pimple, telling me to use hot compresses. I went in after hours and saw another Dr, and insisted I get a referral for this "zit". As it turned out it was skin cancer, and a very large piece was removed by a specialist. I have also been complaining for about 2 years about a weird feeling in my head, fatigue, and numbness and tingling in my extremities, I again was brushed off with "depression". I again went somewhere else and now I'm being told MS. While talking with someone about her I was also told that this woman went to her with a lump in her breast, she was told it was a natural cyst, and a year later she was having a double mastectomy and chemo. Dr Carter has just become money hungry and could care less about her patients. If you want someone who walks in smiling then she's good, but if you are actually there for medical attention, I would skip that while clinic!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Excellent doctor, extremely helpful!!! She has a nurse practitioner on staff who assists with preliminary assessments so you don't feel quite so rushed when your injured.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

Absolutely the best physician my husband and I have ever had. She listens, has a wonderful positive attitude, is thorough. We have the utmost confidence in the care she provides. We feel extremely fortunate to be under her care.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

It is very difficult to find a good Doctor in Alberta because of their large work load. Dr. Carter has managed her work load so she has more time. She does not take new patients. Dr. Carter takes the time to listen and diagnose her patients. She is extremely knowledgeable and thorough. She has no problem in getting tests done or referring you to Specialists. Dr. Carter has done more for me in the last 10 years then other Doctors I have seen. She is a keeper, I HOPE she practices for a long time!!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2014