Ratings for Dr. Lynn Stothers

The only way I can explain the receptionist is that she is asleep with her eyes open. The doctor is wonderful!!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

I have not met such a professional and lovely ,caring doctor in a long,long time.I can highly recommend her.All questions answered ,plan made what to do next,Ana ,her MOA is very sweet too.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

This doctor is ridiculous. I stopped seeing her because she would utter dire worst case scenarios like they were actually what was the problem, and then say, "but it's okay". So she would drive me to tears, then laugh as if it was nothing. Every appointment felt manic. Her nursing staff wasn't much better. When I tried to explain that this made it hard for me, the nurse got all defensive and said, "Well if you don't like it, find another urologist." So unhelpful. She decided that self-catheterization was what I needed to do, even though that gave me more infections. I had to find another urologist, since this one only seems to care about her research and not her communication skills or bedside manner.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

Speaks at your level of understanding. Provides thorough information in a professional and caring manner. Exceptional.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Thus far (only 2 appointments completed), she has been incredibly professional with me; talks through everything - what is going to happen, how she will performs tests and what I can expect etc. She then took the time to discuss where we can go from here (after an initial test and examination)- further tests, medicines or alter food patterns. I wish she was my family doctor. I feel comfortable with her, and that I can ask her any question - she takes the time, no rush.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

She is worth the wait! Can`t wait until she returns...yes, she spends time with you and never acts rushed, or annoyed, or abrupt. Excellent in all ways, except for the return of phone calls re rebookings. All in all she is great.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

I don't recommend this Dr. I was referred to her on Dec 21. It wasn't until mid-Jan that I found out my appointment date, of March 5th. On March 1st (2 business days before the appointment), her secretary calls to tell me that Dr. Stothers is taking a leave until July 1st, and that I would have to get referred to someone else or wait until she got back. Given waiting 9 weeks for the appointment, only to have it cancelled and told to get into the referral line-up somewhere else ... it's almost as if seeing the Dr was something irrelevant. That the Canadian health care system (which gives us no other option but to wait in these line-ups) allows this kind of treatment of patients is difficult to understand. At least she could have (or the system should have insisted) given more notice, or found someone to take over the appointments she had to cancel occurring immediately.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2013

I find Dr. Stothers to be a very caring and knowledgeable doctor. She spends alot of time with me and explains everything. I wish more doctors were like her. Her staff is mixed though - her secretary Sabrina is good but her other secretary who books her tests is awful. I left 3 messages and they were never returned. When I finally got through on the line she was brusque and dismissive.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2013

I think the doctor needs a replacement of her receptionist, she has such a bad attitude towards the patient's inquiry & concern. Never follows up any phone calls.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2012

I do not have a good experience with this doctor. First of all, her receptionist is very rude and the doctor also do not follow up, there was no report or call back even though I was assured that she will reschedule a follow up. I never hear back from her.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2012