Ratings for Dr. John Wade

This doctor never takes lunch! He really cares about his patients and he really cares about his patients feeling better.At times he does run late because he does spend time with his patients.HIs secreatary is lovely .I felt cared about in his care.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Dr. Wade is a very opinionated man, rushes me out of his office, hates to complete any type of forms. Does not have the common sense to educate himself on long term benefits that one might need to go on as they are unable to work. Every time I have to see him I feel like my life is in his hands and I feel sick to my stomach. The only thing that might be of peace is that I might be moving out of province and I won't have to deal with his unprofessional, self centered bs anymore.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Dr Wade is a genius guy. I was suffering from an intractable illness for 10 years and he fixed my problem. He listens, cares and treats. On the top of that, he is available whenever I ask for "urgent" appointments. I recommend him to a friend and she finds him the same. I strongly recommend this guy.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

I normally don't write reviews but after looking at these negative reviews I decided to pu my two bits in. Dr. Wade is polite, friendly, attentive, knowledgeable and open to alternative treatments. He takes time to listen to all the questions and concerns and addresses all of them. He's receptionist is little hard to bypass sometimes but dr. Wade gave me pointers on how to do that. Dr. Wade pretty much saved my life after a bunch of er visits miss diagnosed me and almost killed me.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Dr wade I found to be racist especially towards native Americans. I had a 11:00 appointment, saw & heard people check in after me go in before me. Another girl walked out crying because after a 6 hour drive had her appointment canceled so dr wade could go for lunch. The guy is a pure FN A Hole & He knows it

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Thank you Dr Wade for being so determined on figuring me out. Signed redhead zebra

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Wade for 21 years, due to my auto immune disease and follow up with him annually to keep an eye on it. He has been a wealth of information and comparing my care to what goes on around the world to make sure we are on top of it. He checks me over very thoroughly each time I see him and looks over all of the recent reports with me and makes sure I understand what it all means. I appreciate everything he has done for me over these years! I have moved to Vancouver Island now, and still keep him due to our history. I would, and have, recommended Dr Wade to others, including family members. And Gabby is amazing, love her!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

It's been around 5-6 years since my sister moved on from Dr.Wade, but the repercussions of the 8 or so months she spent under his "care" are evident and I want to reiterate some points other patients have mentioned, as they are not alone. My sister has a very complex autoimmune disease, of which arthritis is a side effect of. Instead of listening to her, he changed up her current meds, DID NOT examine her, told her to lose a bit of weight and come back for follow-up. Over the duration of time her condition worsened (both physically and psychologically as she felt very alone and somewhat hopeless, as her Dr would not listen to her and ignored her worsening symptoms) and her still present anxiety began. Her condition is quite complex and we would have had a bit of respect if he had acknowledged that he was in over his head. That was not the case. Her anxiety worsened with each visit as he never examined her (& therefore could not make a proper diagnosis, prescribe proper treatment, etc.). Thanks to her fantastic GP she was referred to another rheumatologist who has been wonderful. A stark contrast as her present rheumatologist, even with his wealth of experience, has acknowledged that her situation is case-specific, seeking medical advice from other specialists (worldwide). Yet Dr.Wade did not so much as answer her questions. How can a Dr prescribe treatment without examining his patient?? Without acknowledging their symptoms? He's a quack who bared a resounding semblance to the character Professor Lockheart of the earlier Harry Potter series.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Just quit Dr wade , as you can see he has more negative reviews than positive. Office is barley wheelchair accessible through a Uneven & slippery back alley. Secretary's are absentmindedly chatty among themselves or texting. Appointments are rushed, unorganized & booked as much as 6+ Months appart without follow up's. Honest save yourself from a guaranteed bad experience with Dr wade

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

This doctor should be decertified in my opinion. I went to see him in 2008 eight months after I'd had hip surgery because a number of rheumatological symptoms had developed post-surgery. I had to use a walking stick to enter his office as my implant was faulty and was subsequently replaced in 2011. He had a young female intern in his office with him and seemed more intent on impressing her than finding out what was wrong with me. He told me to bend down and touch my toes and then told me my back was better than his! He then pressed on a few points on my body and that was his interrogation over. He then told me to do more exercise (remember the walking stick) and lose some weight. The rest of the appointment he spent dictating a letter to my doctor! I'm only writing this rating now although I've seethed for eight years at his arrogance and condescension. Why? Because after 24 years of misdiagnosis and non-diagnosis I finally have a diagnosis - Lyme Disease. If Wade had only spent some time asking some questions and reviewing the list of symptoms I gave him he might just have picked this up. Or at least he might have ordered some follow up tests to find out what was wrong. I know that Rheumatologists are to hard to find in Vancouver but don't go to this "doctor".

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016