Ratings for Dr. John Wade

Not a good listener. Pays more attention to his wealthy clients

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

As has been stated already 'He is superficially very charming and engaging but while he seems to remember details of my career and family, he often seems to confuse or mix up details of my medical history'. Having a 'Harvard' background does not make him any more competent than some other Rheumatologists ... be assertive as YOU have the right to be an active participant in your care, and also the legal right to any documentation about your condition - as that info is not always correct!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

I have been very happy with my care from Dr. Wade. He listens and understands, and while he doesn't waste time, he is willing to go over things to make sure you understand. He is thorough in his testing and examinations and his recommended treatment has worked well for me.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Dr Wade is a very kind, and patient man and thoughtful, thorough doctor. Am grateful to him and would absolutely recommend him to anyone. You're receptionist Gabby is lovely and caring too. Thank you both! Kindest Regards ♥

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

I've been with Dr Wade for over ten years. He's a wonderful Rheumatologist , has helped me a lot and I really like his easy going personality and sense of humour. I feel very comfortable and at ease with him and letting him know when I'm in real pain.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Dr. Wade was recommended to me by family doctor as one of the best experts to see if you have had your body hit hard be years of hard work. I am an ex-athlete with a number of old injuries but also was in industrial construction. I did not think anybody could help all the nagging things I have going....then i saw Dr. Wade. and that is a number of times, but I am able to do many more things...and grateful he has been able to help me with everything so far.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

Quit Dr. Wade for second time in ten years recently. He is rude, arrogant and dismissive, does not listen and interrupts (even when resident doctors are present; and I've noted the looks on some of the residents' faces when Dr.Wade is rude/arrogant/dismissive). For the past year I've had to wait +30 to 60 mi.n to see him (always running late, even morning appointments). Continues to ask inappropriate personal questions about my income and financial lifestyle, and continues to make verbal and written comments of a long-time skin condition on my face that has nothing to do with my arthritis. Dismisses complaints about drugs' side effects and will not answer questions about other meds. Abruptly ends "appointment" with taking out his dictating machine and dictating his report as you sit there; and ignores/dismisses any comment you may make about an error in his dictation (so I must ensure I see his letters sent to my GP and point out his errors). Took months, but finally found a very pleasant and thorough rheumatologist via a "second opinion" referral from my GP.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

dr john wade is a fantastic doctor who I really like because he is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

He's been seeing me over 3 years. Very kind and up spirit to his patients.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

Fabulous caring helpful empathetic human being. I owe my miraculous recovery in large part to Dr. Wade's support, knowledge, willingness to try different approaches. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015