Ratings for Dr. John Wade

Thank you Dr Wade for being so determined on figuring me out. Signed redhead zebra

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Wade for 21 years, due to my auto immune disease and follow up with him annually to keep an eye on it. He has been a wealth of information and comparing my care to what goes on around the world to make sure we are on top of it. He checks me over very thoroughly each time I see him and looks over all of the recent reports with me and makes sure I understand what it all means. I appreciate everything he has done for me over these years! I have moved to Vancouver Island now, and still keep him due to our history. I would, and have, recommended Dr Wade to others, including family members. And Gabby is amazing, love her!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

It's been around 5-6 years since my sister moved on from Dr.Wade, but the repercussions of the 8 or so months she spent under his "care" are evident and I want to reiterate some points other patients have mentioned, as they are not alone. My sister has a very complex autoimmune disease, of which arthritis is a side effect of. Instead of listening to her, he changed up her current meds, DID NOT examine her, told her to lose a bit of weight and come back for follow-up. Over the duration of time her condition worsened (both physically and psychologically as she felt very alone and somewhat hopeless, as her Dr would not listen to her and ignored her worsening symptoms) and her still present anxiety began. Her condition is quite complex and we would have had a bit of respect if he had acknowledged that he was in over his head. That was not the case. Her anxiety worsened with each visit as he never examined her (& therefore could not make a proper diagnosis, prescribe proper treatment, etc.). Thanks to her fantastic GP she was referred to another rheumatologist who has been wonderful. A stark contrast as her present rheumatologist, even with his wealth of experience, has acknowledged that her situation is case-specific, seeking medical advice from other specialists (worldwide). Yet Dr.Wade did not so much as answer her questions. How can a Dr prescribe treatment without examining his patient?? Without acknowledging their symptoms? He's a quack who bared a resounding semblance to the character Professor Lockheart of the earlier Harry Potter series.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Just quit Dr wade , as you can see he has more negative reviews than positive. Office is barley wheelchair accessible through a Uneven & slippery back alley. Secretary's are absentmindedly chatty among themselves or texting. Appointments are rushed, unorganized & booked as much as 6+ Months appart without follow up's. Honest save yourself from a guaranteed bad experience with Dr wade

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

This doctor should be decertified in my opinion. I went to see him in 2008 eight months after I'd had hip surgery because a number of rheumatological symptoms had developed post-surgery. I had to use a walking stick to enter his office as my implant was faulty and was subsequently replaced in 2011. He had a young female intern in his office with him and seemed more intent on impressing her than finding out what was wrong with me. He told me to bend down and touch my toes and then told me my back was better than his! He then pressed on a few points on my body and that was his interrogation over. He then told me to do more exercise (remember the walking stick) and lose some weight. The rest of the appointment he spent dictating a letter to my doctor! I'm only writing this rating now although I've seethed for eight years at his arrogance and condescension. Why? Because after 24 years of misdiagnosis and non-diagnosis I finally have a diagnosis - Lyme Disease. If Wade had only spent some time asking some questions and reviewing the list of symptoms I gave him he might just have picked this up. Or at least he might have ordered some follow up tests to find out what was wrong. I know that Rheumatologists are to hard to find in Vancouver but don't go to this "doctor".

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

Doesn't realise I've been there more than once before. Condescending, belittles you, says one thing, dictates another and the letter sent to your GP is totally different! I cannot get into another rheumatologist because they wont switch me saying I already have a rhuemy! Help!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

Not a good listener. Pays more attention to his wealthy clients

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

As has been stated already 'He is superficially very charming and engaging but while he seems to remember details of my career and family, he often seems to confuse or mix up details of my medical history'. Having a 'Harvard' background does not make him any more competent than some other Rheumatologists ... be assertive as YOU have the right to be an active participant in your care, and also the legal right to any documentation about your condition - as that info is not always correct!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

I have been very happy with my care from Dr. Wade. He listens and understands, and while he doesn't waste time, he is willing to go over things to make sure you understand. He is thorough in his testing and examinations and his recommended treatment has worked well for me.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Dr Wade is a very kind, and patient man and thoughtful, thorough doctor. Am grateful to him and would absolutely recommend him to anyone. You're receptionist Gabby is lovely and caring too. Thank you both! Kindest Regards ♥

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016