Ratings for Dr. Ritchie Wong

I've been going here for years but normally see his wife. I saw him today and I'm pregnant, mind you it's not the best circumstances, but I'm happy I'm pregnant. He came in and I felt like he was trying to convince me I should terminate and he asked me if I knew I was 41. Then he told me that my pregnancy was such a high risk that he didn't even think the OB/GYN he was referring me to would take me. I didn't want or need a referral with my insurance. I came to him because I'm under a lot of stress and was hoping he could take me off work for a couple of days. He didn't even acknowledge any of the things I said to him and made me feel horrible for wanting my baby. I've been crying ever since I left his office. I will NEVER go back.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

Terrible punctuality (waited 2 hrs after scheduled appointment and told this was normal) and very rude staff.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2012

i've been seeing this doctor for several years with great success although recently, he is burned out, over booked, always about 1 hour late, takes many days out of the office, always rushes you in the exam rooms, leaves you wishing he had made time for you to ask questions and he actually lied to me the last time i was in there. i received a letter that my test came back abnormal and to contact their office at once, i put in 3 calls to try to find the results, i was told he would call me, he never did i had to make an appointment for an unrelated reason andwhen i asked him about it he told me he had called me and i didn't anwer, i have ONE phone, it is always with me and always on, he NEVER called i'm looking for a new doctor

flag | Submitted September 24, 2010

The office staff could use some work on learning how to return patient calls. The waiting time is usually terrible but once you are being seen they do not make you feel rushed and really do listen. I see Mrs. Wong the PA most of the time and really like her.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2010

Horrible waiting times - both in the waiting room and when in a room. He's a caring doc, but doesn't treat symptoms agressively.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2008

The only interaction with staff is making your co-payment or get your blood pressure taken. I wait a min of an hour in the waiting room then another 45 min in the room before the doctor arrives, yes, that is with an appointment. Dr. Wong has a horrible bed-side manner, he seems to worry more about saving prescriptions and just telling to use over the counter medications. I always leave his office thinking I shouldn't have wasted $15 on my co-payment when I could have gotten faster friendlier advice from the pharmacist. I have gone to Dr. Wong feeling very ill and he advised me just to drink fluids because it was the flu and there is nothing he can do for me. I did as he instructed but still felt extremely horrible so I had to reschedule with their on-call doctor who gave me a high dose of antibiotics and cough syrup with codeine because my illness was just about to go into pneumonia. I can’t believe I still have him as a doctor and I am finally fed up.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2008

I've had this doctor most of my life and he is excellent. If I had a choice between Dr. Wong and any other doctor in California, I would pick Dr. Wong. Dr. Wong actually cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2007

i've been bounced around to a lot of doctors, this is the first one that doesn't take any chances, he runs the tests, he just doesn't asume the problem is my acid reflux. he schedules physicals, he isn't just a fix-it shop he works to keep people healthy. i'm 48 years old and he is one of the best doctors i've seen so far.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2007

Saw doctor numerous times and was told I was just anxious and needed to lose weight. Was 31 years old, had distolic high blood pressure only. Thank God he referred me to a psychiatrist and I started looking for another doc. I had dilated cardiomyopathy with a pump function of 32%. Would have died, leaving my husband and kids if I hadn't made a few calls and described my symptoms.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2007

Dr. Ritchie Wong's Credentials

• University Of California, San Francisco School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Carmichael, CA