Ratings for Dr. David N. Rosenfeld

He is beyond arrogant and obnoxious. He is abusive, bordering on sadistic. I thought, ok, maybe it's just his technique, but after a number of very unpleasant visits, it became apparent that he is just plain nasty.

Submitted December 16, 2014

He seems to know psychiatry, but his main problem is his arrogance and attitude. He is obnoxious. He charges alot of money for little service. I question the credentials of the therapists in the office he makes you see. You would be better off getting medication from your primary care physician and get a friends recommendation for a social worker, psychologist or therapist.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

DR ROSENFELD IS A EXCELLENT DOCTOR . HE SHOWS EMPATHY AND KINDNESS A GOOD LISTENER AND A GOOD ADVISOR.HE IS MOST HELPFULL AND NOT RUDE .HE SHOWS HE CARES. I HAVE BEEN GOING TO HIM FOR MANY MOONS,AND WOULD NEVER CHANGE DOCTORS .I HAD OTHER DOCTORS WHO WERE NOT HELPFULL OR CARING LIKE DR. ROSENFELD.I LOOKED ALL OVER AND FINIALLY FOUND SOME ONE WHO LIKES WHAT HE IS DOING ,AND THATS WHY HE CARES ABOUT PEOPLE.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

Sharp, well-informed, capable psychiatrist. professional, and tad too formal maybe. but also relaxed, wry and engaging other times. Fair listener, good at culling out the big-tkt issues from other stuff. Fastidious about relying 100% on patient to bring in, initiate and drive entire discussion/conversation, updates, and determine best use of (expensive) time. wish he'd lead, pull up prior notes/thoughts/highlights, to help stay on point. Staff/Assistants are very very good. --- Parking is a big big problem though, which he prefers to lop back on patient to solve. recommend thoroughly examining parking problem before signing up.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

My husband had gone to a different psychiatrist several years ago who recommended medication the first visit; he refused and wouldn't go back. Our marriage continued to get worse. Then I finally got him to go to marriage counseling. We went together and separately to one, then we switched to another therapist, making no progress. Thankfully, a friend suggested I consult with Dr. Rosenfeld. He listened carefully to the many details I shared with him, showed me an enormous amount of empathy, and carefully worded his advice to me. It was difficult to hear at the time, but it was spot on, and I say that Dr. Rosenfeld saved my life. Among other things, he told me that I needed to get my head out of the sand; it wasn't too late for me to find happiness. My divorce is final now, and I face a safer future with a lot more joy, thanks to Dr. Rosenfeld!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

Can be arrogant and does not like to be questioned about his recommendations regarding medication. Very poor at imparting information. Seems to related poorly to women.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2010

Dr. Rosenfeld is one of the best in his field. My daughter visited several others before we were referred to him. He has been our saviour.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2009

Made me feel worse about the situation I was in and actually made me feel crazy. I felt like he didn't believe anything that I was saying and walked away feeling worse.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2009

Dr. Rosenfeld's reputation attracts severely mentally ill patients, and the comments on this page clearly reresent their delusional/paranoid symptoms. Rosenfeld is a brilliant clinician with superb bedside manner. The lead psychotherapist in his office, Bruce Gutenstein, PhD is world-class. Consult Rosenfeld once you're ready to change your life.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Please heed the warnings about Dr. Rosenfeld on this site. I didn't take them seriously. He is probably one of the worst doctors in his field, and his incompetence had very serious consequences for me.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2009

Dr. David N. Rosenfeld's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (Grad. 1988)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Ridgewood, NJ