Ratings for Dr. Shanthi Thamilvaanan

Her diagnosis is completely off, she barely asks for any history and just guesses of the top of her head what seems to be wrong with you. Too young for antibiotics? Okay that's not how antibiotics work. She then proceeded to ask how much of a stronger medication I should take, as if I get to choose how to medicate myself. She has no idea what she's doing, and she clearly needs her degree re-evaluated. I wouldn't even recommend her to someone who wants to die, because she'll probably mess that up too. I told her my infection was a reoccurring problem, she tells me she then can't give me medication, because yeah that's clearly what we do, not send people to specialists, heavens no! More than anything this doctor needs to be re-evaluated for her medical license, because between puncturing your face with her fingers, guessing your condition off the top of her head, and refusing to actually listen to you, she clearly shouldn't have her license.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

Dr. Shanthi is by far the absolute worst doctor that I have ever had. Every time I would make an appointment to come and talk to her about things that were happening to me, she would over talk me and cut me off from what I was saying. Her answer for everything was "you need to lose weight". I asked to have blood work done because I knew something was wrong, and sure enough I was diagnosed with PCOS. Afterwards, I needed a form filled out regarding my PCOS and she refused to fill it out. She stated that "she did not diagnose me with PCOS" and that "she was not my family doctor" (yet she DID diagnose me and even put me on estrogen and I had been seeing her for over a year and had all of my medical files transferred to her). She called me "lazy" and was extremely intrusive with her personal questions that weren't medical. Example "why don't you have a car?" "why don't you have a job right now?" "You're lazy". She refused to give me any medications that my previous doctor had me on, and she said that I no longer needed them. Again, her answer to that was "lose weight". She is by far the most unprofessional, unethical, arrogant, rude, ignorant "doctor" I have ever known. She lacks medical knowledge, work ethic, and is a waste of time. Her history of bad reviews, I see, is why she has relocated from Regina to Windsor. Poor reputation. She truly is a joke to the medical industry. I wouldn't doubt if she got her medical degree from a vending machine. I can't even believe that she hasn't had her medical license revoked. I wouldn't even let her deliver my mail. What a disgrace.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2014

Dr.Shanthi was excellent during both consultations. After enduring a month of trying two different antibiotics for an insufferable persistent cough, she was the first to diagnose me with an asthmatic cough. Once I was prescribed the inhalers, lo and behold my cough finally started to subside after just a few days. The second time I met with her and described my symptoms, she took the time to explain the possible causes of my ailment and the rationale behind why she prescribed me the specific medication. Again after taking what she prescribed, I felt a drastic difference. Regardless of what other patients may have stated, I would highly recommend her based on my experiences.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

flag | Submitted September 6, 2012

I would not recommend her to look at my dog!!! She is rushing you and always says I don't know what to do then asks you what she should do she is the one thats supposed to be the DR!!! The wait time to see her is also very poor you have to wait an hour or two to see her and she spends about 30 seconds with you.Not impressed at all!!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2012

This doctor started out young and fresh with a new practice and she took time with her patients. Now she is arrogant, impatient and tells you to 'speak quickly' to get you in and out. Rude, rude, rude.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2012

I seriously wonder about this "doctor's" credentials. She told me that she did not know what to do for me for two different times I went. The third time I went, I had new medication that required her to keep closer track of me. She told me that she did not know what to do for me with that medication (from a specialist) and that she did not want to take time with me. She said that I took too much of her time and that she did not want to spend time with figuring out test results. She said that I should go to someone who would want to spend time with a patient's problems.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

Was a great doctor when I first started seeing her, now she seems extremely rushed during all appointments. Difficult to understand at times, need to ask her to repeat alot.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

Great Doctor! I have been going to ths clinic since I was born, over 20 years now. She is always full of ideas, you tell her what is wrong, and she finds something to fix it. If she is unsure she sends me to a specialist and now I have been hard drug free for over a year now. I am getting better and yes I am a real patient. All you people that don't like her, you probably didn't speak up, or tell her what you want her to do or want done. You don't need to degrade her because she doesn't deserve it, so then just don't say anything. I have sent many people to her and all had great things to say. **All I can say is she is great and hasn't ever given up when I have been through practically all the specialists in Regina that all looked at me and didn't even try. She is always looking to make the sick better and works hard at it!!! **

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011