Ratings for Dr. Janie Sam

This clinic is always running behind. Wait times are ridiculous. I found Dr. Sam to be rude. I would not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

I have been with dr. Sam dince i was young when she took over dr. harols's practice. I always appreciate the time she spends with me and always looks deeper into what is wrong with me and if she cant figure it out she always refers me to some of vancouvers best specialists. I live all the way in tsawwassen but its worth the drive to go see her instead of switching doctors.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Dr. Sam very good with referrals to specialists and listens to patients.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

My husband, 2 daughters and I have been seeing Dr Sam for years. She is not only very nice and personable but she is also a great Dr. She doesns't hesitate to send you to a specialist if its needed and she listens. As for the wait times; I always call ahead and ask them if they are behind and approximately how long behind and then I tell then I will be showing up 30 minutes after my scheduled appointment time because my time is important too and this has not been a problem. Also consider booking your appointments first thing in the morning as this is the best time to avoid waiting. Is there a Dr's office out there that doesn't run late? I've never been to one. All things considered I am very happy with DR Sam and plan on staying her patient until the end.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Dr. Sam is my doctor for a number of years. She is very knowledgeable and responsible for her patients. She has excellent experience in diagnosis, but always confirm with tests. Thank you Dr. Sam for looking after my health.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

I have had Dr. Sam for years now, and now have my husband going to her as well. She will take the time to listen to all the problems and concerns you have versus giving you a limit or time limit - with that being said, you can end up waiting for her depending on the day (waited up to an hour) but then other times she is on time or early (average 20- 30 minute wait) She is super willing to listen to concerns and then give a referral to a specialist. She would rather get to the root of the problem instead of just giving a prescription to cover it. When I've gone to walk in clinics and the ER with problems, they have been unable to figure out what was wrong, but from my symptoms Dr.Sam knew right away, and sent me for testing to confirm.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

I have found Dr. Sam to be very good. She seems to have a solid knowledge base and has directed me well. I find the front desk staff at times really not service oriented, and sometimes almost rude. This varies depending on the people, but there really needs to be a change of attitude. What I do like is that if Dr. Sam is not available on a certain day, you are plugged in to another doctor. So far this has worked for me.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

She was never available for the actual time of my appointments and never seemed really interested in me while at the room but rather what's going on at the hallway. Need an appointment? Call 2-3 weeks ahead of time. She also doesn't believe in exams for young people. I find this the worst from a doctor. Medicine should be about prevention first and then dealing with diseases, not waiting until you get sick because you are too young. Also found her a bit rude but this is just me. Ended up looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2013

Dr. Sam has been my mothers doctor for years. I live out of the area and have taken her when in town. Dr. Sam has always been most kind, concerned and knowledgeable. Every doctors office has wait time but this one is as short as any I have had. I would love to have Dr. Sam for a personal physician and feel she is a credit to her profession.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

I've been Dr. Sam's patient for over 14 yrs and have always found her helpful, knowledgable, and willing to refer if she thinks appropriate. Yes, her office is busy, and yes we have to wait. Her office has recently moved and at the same time implemented electronic record keeping. This should hope improve things on the wait side. I think her staff is very protective of her and that comes across as causing the delays. However if you take the time to get to know them they are all kind, interesting people. But managing a busy practice is not an easy job, and some patients are not as "patient" with them as they could be. I've seen people get quite snarky with the staff, and if that happens a lot, it can have quite an impact on them. So, give them a break next time, and a smile, and maybe it will be a better experience.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011