Ratings for Dr. Janie Sam

DR Sam sees many of my family members. We have always been so happy with the care we receive. Sure, sometimes the office schedule runs slightly behind. I suspect that is because she spends as much time as is needed with the patients. I have always appreciated that Janie does not hesitate to pursue tests and referrals to find the answers and diagnosis I need. I am grateful that she is my Doctor. I wish the front end staff would call when they are running behind so that I could just come at a more appropriate time.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2018

I have been her patient for over 25 years and now my whole family too. When I moved to port Clayton, I've tried a couple of other doctors but they did not have the knowledge and care that she has so I've went back to see her for good now. I found her diagnosis is very accurate. She is a great doctor and we are lucky to have her.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2018

I have been seeing Dr. Sam since I was a baby and my parents and grandparents have seen her that whole time as well. Her office is one of the most rude, unhelpful and uncaring that I have ever come across. She speaks to her patients with little to no respect and cares far more about her own billings than her patient's results. I've had to place a request to transfer my entire file elsewhere as I've finally given up on receiving any level of care here. Don't waste your time and go elsewhere!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

This clinic is always running behind. Wait times are ridiculous. I found Dr. Sam to be rude. I would not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

I have been with dr. Sam dince i was young when she took over dr. harols's practice. I always appreciate the time she spends with me and always looks deeper into what is wrong with me and if she cant figure it out she always refers me to some of vancouvers best specialists. I live all the way in tsawwassen but its worth the drive to go see her instead of switching doctors.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Dr. Sam very good with referrals to specialists and listens to patients.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

My husband, 2 daughters and I have been seeing Dr Sam for years. She is not only very nice and personable but she is also a great Dr. She doesns't hesitate to send you to a specialist if its needed and she listens. As for the wait times; I always call ahead and ask them if they are behind and approximately how long behind and then I tell then I will be showing up 30 minutes after my scheduled appointment time because my time is important too and this has not been a problem. Also consider booking your appointments first thing in the morning as this is the best time to avoid waiting. Is there a Dr's office out there that doesn't run late? I've never been to one. All things considered I am very happy with DR Sam and plan on staying her patient until the end.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Dr. Sam is my doctor for a number of years. She is very knowledgeable and responsible for her patients. She has excellent experience in diagnosis, but always confirm with tests. Thank you Dr. Sam for looking after my health.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

I have had Dr. Sam for years now, and now have my husband going to her as well. She will take the time to listen to all the problems and concerns you have versus giving you a limit or time limit - with that being said, you can end up waiting for her depending on the day (waited up to an hour) but then other times she is on time or early (average 20- 30 minute wait) She is super willing to listen to concerns and then give a referral to a specialist. She would rather get to the root of the problem instead of just giving a prescription to cover it. When I've gone to walk in clinics and the ER with problems, they have been unable to figure out what was wrong, but from my symptoms Dr.Sam knew right away, and sent me for testing to confirm.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

I have found Dr. Sam to be very good. She seems to have a solid knowledge base and has directed me well. I find the front desk staff at times really not service oriented, and sometimes almost rude. This varies depending on the people, but there really needs to be a change of attitude. What I do like is that if Dr. Sam is not available on a certain day, you are plugged in to another doctor. So far this has worked for me.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014