Ratings for Dr. D Fransen

Dr. Fransen has been my doctor since I was 19 and I am now 60. He birthed my 2 children and took care of us till last year when he retired. He has always been very caring and understanding to me and my family. I miss him and want to thank him for all his kindness wish you all the best

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

As I am searching here for a new Family Dr. I come across Dr.D Fransen's name. I miss him!! Since retiring I have not been able to find someone who measures up to him. He delivered me in 1979, he was my Mom's, Brother's, Uncle's, Cousin's Dr and I feel lost without him but I guess he deserves to retire!! :)

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Dr Fransen has been my Dr. since I was 3, he is the best and I don't know what I or my family would do without him.He is caring, professional and has a great heart for any situation you might be in. Love him!!!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Fransen for over 30 years and he's known and treated my children since birth. He is an excellent doctor and very busy but he takes the time to listen to our concerns carefully and always provides good medical advice and treatment. He understands and respects my family's treatment preferences and encourages us to take an active part in our health care with diet, exercise and self-education. I will be very sad when he retires but I am confident that his partner, Dr. Mukheiber, will carry on the high standard of medical excellence that Dr. Fransen has always set.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2010

Great Doctor always makes me and my family feel important. Won't hesitate to send us to a specialist if he feels we need more specialized opinions.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

I'm the one who left the nasty comment on 10/7/09. I was wrong, and I apologize. I actually took the time to meet Dr. Fransen, and have a talk with him, and he is actually a very nice person, and quite knowledgeable about his profession. He has a good sense of humour, as well. I was angry, and so I wrote a "poison-pen" comment. In hindsight, I think that Dr. Fransen tries his best regarding my father's condition, and actually, he is quite fair about the whole thing. Considering the fact that it is a difficult situation for all those involved, I think that Dr. Fransen has tried to make sure that everyone is treated fairly, receives proper medical care, and is happy. My Mom has chosen to care for my father at home, so we all have to make the best of things. Although, my father's dementia makes him difficult to live with sometimes, I still love him, and I like to see him at home everyday, as well. So, Dr. Fransen was right in the end--he obviously possesses sage wisdom.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2010

Was diagnosed with cancer by another Dr. Dr Don was not so certain and arranged for me to see respiroligist and a thorasic surgeon on the same day I saw him! Was in for exploritory surgury 3 days later. Subsequently diagnosted with sarcoidosis based on biopsy. Much preferable to lung cancer. When you REALLY need help, he pulls out all the stops and he knows all of the specialists. You won't find better.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2010

I've been a patient for many years and he's always been helpful and has referred me to a number of specialists. He diagnosed my Bell's Palsy when a clinic doctor misdiagnosed it as a stroke. He's skeptical of some treatments and drugs; but gives an honest opinion of options.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2009

I think that this doctor is an idiot. My father clearly has mental problems, yet Dr. Fransen does not do anything practical about it. My father goes around terrorizing people, threatening to hit them (and sometimes he does); being verbally abusive; exposing himself; and crawling into other family member's beds when they are asleep in them. My mother does not want him to be institutionalized, yet he is not on any kind of antipsychotic medication. I tried calling Dr. Fransen recently to discuss my father's medical condition with him over the phone, but instead of being concerned with what I was going through, Dr. Fransen's receptionist was more concerned about my father's rights as a patient. I guess the only way for me to deal with my father's problems is to move out of the house because I certainly don't like being woken up with him next to me in my bed. I have always found Dr. Fransen's receptionists to be snarky ****es--but then, who else would he hire to help him?

flag | Submitted October 7, 2009

Dr Fransen was my family Dr. after Dr Beaton retired, when I was first a patient of Dr. Beaton and he was away I would only see Dr. Fransen and When Dr.Beaton retired I refused to see any other Dr. other than Dr. Fransen, I felt extremely comfortable with him as my GP as I knew him since I was only a couple years old. he delivered my second child and had treated both of my children ever since Dr. Beaton retired which was about 12 years or so ago. I recently moved to Ontario and then came back and am hoping I will be able to get Dr. Fransen back as my GP as he knows me better than anyone ever could. he helped me through some difficult times such as a messy divorce and problems with my second child and a almost nervous breakdown, as well as around 9 car accidents and finding out I had Fibromyalgia. if I cannot get him back as my family GP I sure hope I will be able to find another Family GP as good as him. I trust him with al my health concerns and all my childrens health concerns.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2009