Dr. Christopher Bourque

You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Christopher Bourque

I have seen this doctor 3 times in 20 years. His current receptionist is friendly and welcoming. my GP referred me to him again for lingering, annoying neuro symptoms and my appointment was set for 7 months after the referral. I am to sure just what my GP wrote in the referral letter, but from the start of the appointment, I rec'd exactly the same lecture about how he has become wealthy from the Internet b/c people Google twitches and the first disease to come up is ALS. I did not google my condition and do not think that I have ALS. I was looking for some insight into unexplained symptoms that I have had for 10 to 15 years. Instead I heard about the doctor's exact same symptoms as mine, his wife's symptoms and was regularly asked if I was worried and anxious about having MS or ALS. It was also mentioned that teachers at my age were usually experiencing burn out. I have no idea what that comment was for. He efficiently completed a neuro exam and that. I passed with flying colours. The brain MRI results were discussed in a way that made me feel like a hypochondriac as well. I was offered some kind of a nerve conduction test if it would put my mind at ease about ALS. I repeated that I didn't come to see him thinking that I had ALS. Upon leaving, he once again mentioned that he would be happy to do the test if it would make me feel better. I assume that this doctor is a smart man and has obviously helped a lot of people. I di not appreciate his manner and was embarrassed that I visited him again for the same lecture.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

Over the past 40 years I have seen many neurolgical specialists. And, everyone did not take any of my concerns seriously at all, even though I have confirmed diagnosed Neurological condition. Dr. Bourque is the 1st. Doctor that understands my concerns. And, wants to get the root causes of all my growing neurolgical pain and weakness. I find him very understanding, knowledgeable, caring, empathetic and professional. I am very thankful that I have him as my neurologist.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

always runs late; never makes eye contact well you are talking to him

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

I've been dealing with at least 12-15 migraines per month, and after several visits to the emergency, they bumped me to 1st on Dr. Bourque's list of people to see. He asked me if I had any family with migraines, tumors, etc - after explaining that my cousin nearly died from a brain aneurism, he laughed at me and said "Just because it happened to your cousin, doesn't mean you're dying - you have nothing in your head" (At this point I had never gone for any type of scan) He then gave me blood pressure pills (when it was already good) and it dropped to a dangerous low after a few weeks. Needless to say I will NEVER go back to him and will NEVER recommend him to anyone. Extremely unprofessional and rude.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

Dr. Bourque is very knowledgeable. He can come off a bit serious at first but don't take it personally! He took my concerns seriously and investigated them appropriately after a colleague referred me for a second opinion. After some time after our first visit, he even sent a letter to the colleague to ask if there had been any updates on how I was doing. He is a great doctor and you will be in good hands with him. Would definitely recommend.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2013

He was recommended for Botox treatment for severe migraines, has anyone had the treatment for this by Dr. Borque? He didn't fill out the insurance paperwork properly the first time and when they sent him a request to finish filling it out, his secretary said he stuffed their request to the bottom of his pile. My GP is contacting him direct to get the ball rolling. Not sure if I trust him to stick needles into my head after leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Anyone have any feedback? trust him or move onto another doctor?

flag | Submitted September 14, 2013

Had this doctor check me for possible Parkinson's. He was very human in his approach and I felt very comfortable with him. Yes, he is very direct, but he certainly appears to know his stuff. I' ve dealt with many specialists, and I certainly think he's one of the better ones. I would rely on him again. Remember, no doctor is infallible, they are human just like the rest of us.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2013

A RUDE INDIVIDUAL WITH LACK OF CONCERN; DON'T WASTE HIS TIME OR YOURS; ASK TO BE REFERRED TO ANOTHER SPECIALIST

flag | Submitted November 6, 2012

Dr. Christopher Bourque's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I have seen this doctor 3 times in 20 years. His current receptionist is friendly and welcoming. my GP referred me to him again for lingering, annoying neuro..."

February 1, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "An excellent neurologist. The receptionist is very nice and considerate; took time to call me back to confirm my family doctor had received my test results. "

March 25, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Over the past 40 years I have seen many neurolgical specialists. And, everyone did not take any of my concerns seriously at all, even though I have confirmed di..."

February 12, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "always runs late; never makes eye contact well you are talking to him"

February 2, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "An excellent understanding doctor/neurologist who resolved my issue and got my life back on the road as best he could."

January 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I've been dealing with at least 12-15 migraines per month, and after several visits to the emergency, they bumped me to 1st on Dr. Bourque's list of people to s..."

September 29, 2014