You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Richard Gurke

Dr Gurke is a great psychiatrist. He seems to know his stuff. However, there is a lot to be said about his punctuality. He is NEVER on time. Not once on the four years I've seen him. Which in turn causes the appointment to feel rushed. I find this uncomfortable b/c who wants to be rushed when trying to work through a mental illness.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2015

Dr. Gurke has little knowlege on my mental illness. Which is a very common one

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

I went to see Dr. Gurke about 15 years ago as I was dealing with a number of significant stressors in life. He is a true professional; kind, compassionate, supportive, and very skilled and knowledgeable. He really listens to a patient, takes into account all aspects of any situation, providing good advice, practical suggestions, validation and great support. Recently I had the misfortune to see a different psychiatrist while in cancer treatment. I found her to be extremely unprofessional, very uncaring, biased, severely lacking skill and good judgment, and every other quality I found Dr. Gurke to possess. I have now gone back to Dr. Gurke for support to cope with the difficult situation she has created. What I know for sure is not all psychiatrists are equal. Dr. Gurke is a gem, one of the best.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

He takes the time to listen to you I recommend anyone to see him as a patient

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

Dr. Richard Gurke is an excellent psychiatrist, he has helped me realize the importance of creating a balance in my life which has gone a long way in improving my overall mental health. Sleep, exercise, diet, & more importantly, he seems to stress the satisfaction of creating a good social network for myself. He listens carefully and even if I think I'm sounding like a total bore or whiner, he keeps an optimistic outlook and offers sound medical advice. He is intimidating to the newcomer, perhaps because he's so tall and is concentrating solely on the job at hand. The only scary thing I experience from my visits there is the value he places on being totally open and honest, but if you can't trust your psychiatrist, who can you trust. And I must say that, being a shy person, it's hard for me sometimes, but he is not judgemental, he just wants to make an accurate assessment.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2012

He is great doctor - he has helped me become stable with the right medications - he is a great listener and seems interested in his patients

flag | Submitted August 19, 2011

Dr.Gurke is a very caring, kind and helpful physican, he is a great listener and truly cares about the well being of his patients. I think as patients we are very blessed to be in his care. He goes out of his way and sees his patients at the hopsital. Dr. Gurke is also very knowledgeable and he will work with you until the proper medication/s have been beneficial in your treatment.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

Very helpful, kind and compassionate. He helped me come to terms with my co-dependency.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

I was introduced to Dr. Gurke 24 years ago and he is a wonderful Dr.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2008

Finding the psychiatrist one can experience progress with is as difficult as the problems one may have that leads them to see this kind of doctor. Fortunately for me, I am able to easily share my concerns with Dr. Gurke as he is an excellent listener and he helps me discover my own answers which makes it easier to try to work out the problems that I have need to resolve. Talk therapy and medication as well as the group programs available through the Pinewood Associates with the psychologists, social workers and psychiatric nurses all help one achieve a healthy mind and the knowledge that one has to be actively involved in achieving wellness.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2007

Dr. Richard Gurke's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Gurke is a great psychiatrist. He seems to know his stuff. However, there is a lot to be said about his punctuality. He is NEVER on time. Not once on the fou..."

December 6, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gurke has little knowlege on my mental illness. Which is a very common one"

October 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to see Dr. Gurke about 15 years ago as I was dealing with a number of significant stressors in life. He is a true professional; kind, compassionate, sup..."

January 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He takes the time to listen to you I recommend anyone to see him as a patient"

December 12, 2014