Ratings for Dr. Richard Gurke

All physicians are required by law to provide patients with all files documents containing the patients name and all third person communication within twenty seven days. Failure to do so is illegal and suggest fraudulent activities.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

Goods and services over ride assumed and assured right to ownership of patients autonomy. Withholding information is a breach of a the law. Surpassing any opinion or educationed is hard evidence ie diagnostic data. How credible is any assertion if it remains unchecked?

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

Dr.Gurke in my experience, seems very genuine and most importantly listens to the patient, in great detail. And as a result, is very adept at finding solutions, rather than simply prescribing medications all the time, he does much more for the patient.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

Dr Gurke is a great psychiatrist. He seems to know his stuff. However, there is a lot to be said about his punctuality. He is NEVER on time. Not once on the four years I've seen him. Which in turn causes the appointment to feel rushed. I find this uncomfortable b/c who wants to be rushed when trying to work through a mental illness.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2015

Dr. Gurke has little knowlege on my mental illness. Which is a very common one

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

I went to see Dr. Gurke about 15 years ago as I was dealing with a number of significant stressors in life. He is a true professional; kind, compassionate, supportive, and very skilled and knowledgeable. He really listens to a patient, takes into account all aspects of any situation, providing good advice, practical suggestions, validation and great support. Recently I had the misfortune to see a different psychiatrist while in cancer treatment. I found her to be extremely unprofessional, very uncaring, biased, severely lacking skill and good judgment, and every other quality I found Dr. Gurke to possess. I have now gone back to Dr. Gurke for support to cope with the difficult situation she has created. What I know for sure is not all psychiatrists are equal. Dr. Gurke is a gem, one of the best.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

He takes the time to listen to you I recommend anyone to see him as a patient

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

Dr. Richard Gurke is an excellent psychiatrist, he has helped me realize the importance of creating a balance in my life which has gone a long way in improving my overall mental health. Sleep, exercise, diet, & more importantly, he seems to stress the satisfaction of creating a good social network for myself. He listens carefully and even if I think I'm sounding like a total bore or whiner, he keeps an optimistic outlook and offers sound medical advice. He is intimidating to the newcomer, perhaps because he's so tall and is concentrating solely on the job at hand. The only scary thing I experience from my visits there is the value he places on being totally open and honest, but if you can't trust your psychiatrist, who can you trust. And I must say that, being a shy person, it's hard for me sometimes, but he is not judgemental, he just wants to make an accurate assessment.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2012

He is great doctor - he has helped me become stable with the right medications - he is a great listener and seems interested in his patients

flag | Submitted August 19, 2011

Dr.Gurke is a very caring, kind and helpful physican, he is a great listener and truly cares about the well being of his patients. I think as patients we are very blessed to be in his care. He goes out of his way and sees his patients at the hopsital. Dr. Gurke is also very knowledgeable and he will work with you until the proper medication/s have been beneficial in your treatment.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011