Ratings for Dr. Nicholas Fairhurst

Dr. Fairhurst has been my family doctor for over 10 years and has always been caring and kind. If he doesn't know what's wrong he finds someone who does. We will be very sad when he decides to retire.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Worst experience with a doctor ever. He does not take the time to actually listen to a patient before he starts speaking to them about his own personal judgements and opinions. If a patient tells them what they are experiencing he takes it upon himself to tell them that they are wrong. Prefers to lecture a patient rather than work with them towards a solution. If I could have rated all 0 I most certainly would have. He is by far the rudest, most judgemental and terrible doctor I have ever met. I would never ever recommend anyone go to him.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Dr Fairhurst has been my Dr for 30 yrs. I was never mis-diagnosed. If unsure he would refer me to a specialist.He is very understanding patient and will listen to your concerns. He is truly the best gentleman family Dr. I met. Thanks Dr. RB

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

Dr Fairhurst has been my family doctor for 18 years. I don't mind waiting awhile for my appointment as he does not rush you out when you need to talk. He has delivered one of my children and gave prenatal for both. Although I don't like the scheduling system that they have in place now, I consider it better than trying to book and appointment in advance and being told it would be a few months! He is a great physician whom I highly recommend

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

I love this doctor, he instills trust and is very compassionate. I dread the day he retires.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012

I have had Dr Fairhurst as my families doctor for about ten years. I like him a lot. I feel he meets my medical needs AFTER he takes the time to listen to my concerns. This is an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

Dr.Fairhurst is a special doctor. He is caring, professional and very knowledgeable. I don't mind that I sometimes have to wait awhile for my appointment because I know when it's my turn I will get the time needed. The best doc I have ever had.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2011

Dr. Fairhurst has been my doctor for many years and I don't know what I would have done without him in this past year in particular. I initially attended with him in 2000 after shuffling from GP to GP trying to find one who would listen and take positive steps to help me while supporting my efforts to rise above my limitations. He listens and actually remembers his patient's general history which I find amazing. He is empathetic, kind and gentle in his ministrations. I think the world of him as a professional, as a doctor and most importantly, as a human being. He truly is one of the good guys!!!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2010

I suffered for 2 years with pain in my back and Dr. Fairhurst told me it was everything from the Flu to being constipated. I was in constant pain and he still wasn't much help. It wasn't till I mentioned malpractice did he offer any help. He finally ordered a scan and I was operated on in 2 days for a herniated disc by another Dr. Two years I suffered, and he kept telling me it was all in my head, I was depressed. Right after my surgery I left him and never went back.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2010

I loved my old Dr. we were approximately the same age and on a first name basis, and I was very disappointed when he moved away from family practice. I was originally uncertain of Dr. Fairhurst, simply because he was older than me and I had a bias. Dr. Fairhurst has shown himself to be very knowledgable and willing to try new treatments. He lets me make suggestions and, if he agrees, will support my suggestions. He follows up when he receives clinic faxes that raise concerns and has been excellent with our teenagers and our toddlers. I would definately recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2010