Ratings for Dr. Nancy Sprague

Dr. Sprague is one of the best doctors I have known. She is kind and caring and follows through with all treatments. She has been a great physician and I am so glad that I had her. She helped me through my cancer diagnosis and has supported me through all my treatments and made sure that I got all the appointments with the specialists that I needed. I will miss her greatly as she is retiring very soon. They don't make them like her anymore.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

I moved to Leduc when I got married last year. Was having a difficult job finding a doctor, but finally got a recommendation to Dr. Sprague. She was ok at first, considering I was expecting already by then; she took me because of that, I think. So I didn't mind her being a little rushed and treating me more like a machine to be fixed than a person... Was having a difficult time getting my Alberta Health switched to my married name, had super bad morning sickness (could barely drag myself out of bed for 5 months total), and I guess she just got tired of me? Told me one of my worst days that I needed to get my act together. After I burst out in tears and she didn't apologize, my husband told me not to go back. She also misdiagnosed the rashlike spots I developed on my chest. Turns out a lot of pregnant women get them, and they are gone naturally now. Don't go to her if you really need help, she would be great for just checkups, I think.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

Dr. Nancy Sprague was very rude to my father who has been a patient for close to 40 years. She dismisses his concerns and prescribed an antidepressent instead of trying to find out why he is so unwell. She is a disgrace to the medical profession.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

I went to see Dr. Sprague for some issues I was having. She was attentive and very prompt in getting me into a specialist. I was very impressed as it is a long wait to get into a specialist. I had my exam done in 1 week! Which was a good thing since the diagnosis was positive and I could start my medications/recovery right away. I have nothing but good to say about Dr. Sprague.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2012

Nancy has been my family doctor for many years. For 5 of those years I have been asking her about a spot on my skin only to be dismissed that it was a mole. I finally demanded to see a dermatologist because I was convinced it is not just a mole. Turns out I have Basal Cell Carncinoma. For FIVE years. Seriously, do yourself a favor and find another doctor.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2012

My first and last visit! Displayed anger in no uncertain terms, when she was faced with recording perscription names off bottles brought with me! Dosn't look at you when you speak to her. Cold, stiff upper lip aditude with no display of compassion what so ever. My apointment was delayed 45 minutes, as she was late arriving. She did give me a thorough exam and lab work, but I did not return for the results, as I decided, I would keep searching for another dr.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2011

Very caring doctor who took loads of time to investigate my problems and handle numerous problems I described to her. would highly recommend her as a caring physician

flag | Submitted December 7, 2010

I thought it would be a good idea to see a female doctor for my regular check-ups, but I found my experience with Dr. Sprague did not meet any of my expectations. I actually went back to my male family doctor. She demeanor is cold and uncompassionate. I always felt rushed. I agree with another's rating that she was quick to prescribe drugs and generally did not want to refer me to a specialist. She is very concerned about weight, but does not really want to ask questions beyond the obvious. In my opinion, she does not appear to care about the "whole" body - health, mental health, stressors, etc. I am much happier now with my new family doctor.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2010

After almost 15 years of decent care from Dr. S., I am looking for a new doc. Her manner is cold, she dismisses my concerns and obsesses about my weight. She is quick to prescribe but reluctant to refer. She doesn't like to give me my lab results, preferring to interpret the numbers rather than tell me what they are. She told me I was pre-diabetic, and then had to admit there was nothing in my numbers to prove it. We're all pre-diabetic, in her opinion.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2010

She is very patient and knowledgable. It helps if you ask questions. I've found her to be caring most of the time.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2010