Ratings for Dr. Ben Toane

Dr. Ben Has been my doctor since I was a baby and I am now 31. He is very thoughtful and considerate and will spend as much time with you as you need. He always offers alternative forms of medicine and he tries to offer less expensive options when you have to pay for something. He is great.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

I love Dr. Ben. He has been my doctor since I was a baby, I feel very comfortable with him and I always appreciate his alternative methods to that of western medicine, it makes me feel like I'm taking care of me too. Sure he's always late, but that's okay he takes the time when he sees you. And I love Cruiser.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Ben has been my doctor for over 25 years and I have always appreciated his open, caring nature. He is almost never on time but that is because he doesn't rush through appointments ( you get used to it when you are the one he is spending 30 minutes with when you were only scheduled for a 15-minute appointment). Cynthia, his current office manager/receptionist, is professional, knowledgeable and pleasant to deal with.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

I read with interest the other comments posted here and i feel i must comment. I am a former nurse and have worked with numerous physicians. I also have had a variety of injuries over the years requiring a fair amount of medical care. Ben has always been thorough, attentive and responsive. If he feels a medication or treatment or diagnostic is needed we discuss it. My health is something we work on together and I try to make sure I am as informed as possible. Of course I cannot speak to the specifics of the concerns I have seen written below, but I can say that working in the medical profession provides unique and almost overwhelming challenges - dealing with all kinds of people who are often not at their best, keeping current in a profession where up-to-date information is an enormous and constantly moving target, to say nothing of big pharmaceutical influence and rampantly conflicting beliefs within the scientific community. Add to that the fact that the human body is incredibly complex and much is still not understood about its mechanisms, let alone the multitude of elements that can interfere with homeostasis - genetics, cage, gender, environment, immune compromise, state of mind and emotional well being, varying levels of sensitivity to stimulus - the list is endless. Medicine does not know everything about the human body, and what is accepted as fact changes constantly. Holy cow - I don't know how Doctors function at all! To find one who is personally healthy, kind, compassionate, experienced, and at worst relatively knowledgeable is a gift. One other thing - I remember when Ben started getting on the punctuality band wagon, and honestly, I preferred it when I had to wait! Too much had to be sacrificed to the clock. I just built extra time into my schedule when i knew I had an appointment. Ultimately he found a balance that worked so no one has to wait too long and he still gives personal attention to each patient. Thanks Ben for many years of faithful service.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Our family has been with Dr. Toane for over 20 years and he has always shown care, thoroughness and respect. I most appreciate the fact that he takes into consideration all aspects of our lives when assessing our health, which includes our emotional and pyschological well being.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Dr. Ben is a jewel of a doctor. We are lucky to benefit from his service.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Dr Toane is the best doctor I have ever worked with. I like him personally and professionally. He takes time to know and interact with his patients and develops a full picture of one's overall health situation. In my experience, he has been cautious about potential developing problems and sought the consultation required to bring in the view of specialists when he needed to. Fortunately, the news has always been good, but I much appreciate the caution because, afterall, it is my health :-)

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

I only became a patient of his because the mother of my first child had a problem and he wouldn't turn her away as she was pregnant. At the time he was not taking any new patients and I became one simply because I as a family member. Since then I've had issues and yes he take copius notes and he's had to refer to them in future visits which was very helpful. He's never been rude to me and yes, he has disagreed with me too but always in a respectful manner. In fact, the one time he was quite blunt with me in his disagreement. A year later I had to admit he was right because he WAS! We laughed about it. My experience with him has only been top notch. While it's true that I always have to wait I still rate punctuality at a 5 because he does take the time to listen. As for Brenda, she's always been so good when I've booked an appointment or when I've requested a letter from the good doctor for my benefits plan. I have always been 100% satisfied with what he has done for me and my famly.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

I have known Dr Toane for almost 30 years. He was the doctor assisting my midwife when I had my first three children. He has always been good with the children and has a friendly manner with the parents. In the last 10 years I have been increasingly discontent with this doctor. When I go to him with a problem he deals only with the symptoms, only writing down what I say never asking questions. He writes on my file almost everything I say. He assumes that I am content with the fact that he doesn't give any health advice per se. I ask a lot of questions but he dismisses my worries. I went to him with a fluttering, pounding heart. I felt that my heart was skipping beats. I asked him to get a cardiogram. He was reticent dismissing my worries telling me that I had nothing to worry about. A few months ago I was put on cetirizine, a medication for an unknown allergies. He never bothered telling me the possible side effects. I had to find online for my answers. He told me that this drug was safe. Online I find out that one of the main side effects is that a person might have irregular heartbeats and a pounding heart, exactly what I have. I had to be the one requesting an allergy test. He is happy to do the minimum. I found the visit quite unrewarding because I got out of it no answers, just to talk to him telling me it's all in my head. This is my latest event that prompted me to write this comment but in the past this has accured with various other situations. I would come with a complaint, a worry, or a question, and he would say that all is fine, all is normal, and not to worry about it. I have noticed that the previous comments mentioned that he was punctual. This has to be a lie. On the last 30 years he has being on time two or three times. I always wait sometimes over an hour. The average wait time for us has always been 30 to 45 minutes. I am mostly discontent with this doctor because he's not keeping up with the latest research and he does not inform the patients on preventive measures to avoid problems. My father and my stepmother both died under his care. My step mother never knew she was at risk for heart disease, and she should have been informed by her doctor because she died of a heart attack. I considered that very preventable. He might have a lot of knowledge but he doesn't share much of it at all.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2014

Dr. Toane has been my family doctor as far as I can recall up until today. At no point in any of my memories of him can I say that he wasn't intrusively paternalistic and condescending and he would not refer me to any specialists despite numerous requests. I should have been assessed for my anxiety disorder long ago and I am only being assessed now out of my own tenacious volition. I'm surprised he has not yet been sued for malpractice because his answer for everything is yoga.. Yoga does help, but when I'm having a panic attack, I can't exactly downward dog, you know?

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014