Ratings for Dr. Joseph Tlc Fernando

I have been a client of his for 16 years and no one told me he rited!... I'm a little mad about this! where all his clients have been sent to?

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

One of the best doctors I have ever had. Will miss him.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr. Fernando for the past 14 years and he is the best. He is very knowledgeable, patience and pays attention to all the details and followups. I will miss him a lot because of his retirement.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Fernando for about 15 years now and I would have never left him. However been informed by his staff that he has retired now and is no longer seeing anyone. He will refer to other doctors. Personally i think it's about time. He needs to relax and enjoy the rest of his life. I know I will miss him tons. wont be able to find a doctor like him.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

I have read many of the comments and I am wondering if they are speaking about the same doctor. I was a patient of Dr. Fernando from 2008 to 2013...and it was like pulling hens teeth to get him to follow up on just about anything. The last straw was when went to him with a dislocated knee (didn't know at the time) and was told it was just arthritis pain and given a prescription for Naprozen and told to go home...I drove to the hospital in Sherwood Park where I live...and was treated for a dislocated knee which required putting back into place.. and in a brace and referred to orthopedic surgeon. I found a new doctor the next day and never looked back.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Been a patience with Dr. Fernando for 45 years. One of the best and I know I will never find another one like him. Someone please take a mold of this man and with modern technology please clone him:). Don't be in a hurry but the best things in life are with waiting for. Excellent Dr.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

Dr. Fernando has been my Transport Canada CAME for the past 5 years from my PPL to my CPL and now to my ATPL, aside from being super slow he's super helpful and easy to talk, whenever I had questions about TC Medical / Legal to fly he would take my call and help me out and work through any CARs restrictions. wouldn't think of changing my CAME anytime soon.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Dr. Fernando has been my family MD for over 20 years and I have nothing but respect for him however, it may be time for him to retire. Over the years he has made sure that I have been able to get tests and see some of the best specialists in the city...he knows all of the senior MDs personally and has called several to make me an appointment while I have been sitting in his office. He has been just so helpful and caring for most of the time I have been seeing him but over the last few years, he seems to be catching a nap while I tell him what the problems are that I need his help with. I have taken to writing out what I want to talk to him about and leaving a space for him to scribble in what will be done about it. I am disheartened that he doesn't use the service that posts all test results, hospital notes, specialist notes etc. He still requires everything in a hard copy for his file and he doesn't have anyone who transcribes his file notes on your visit to your personal health history. This can leave a big gap in your records and it also leaves him not knowing that you have even been in the hospital unless you have told him. I had to make several phone calls to remind him that I needed him to make a referral to a specialist for me after my most recent visit.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

He is the most incredible doctor in the world. Words cannot describe this amazing human being. He is relentless in getting the patients the level of care, tests, specialists, and hospital admissions. Many nights I have seen this Doctor at 7 pm. and hear him arrange to see patients in the next door seniors residence, then arrange to attend a hospital to see patients, then onto a priest retirement home out of town. ALL on the same night. He takes calls while with patients to explain to calling patients either negative test results or instructions for attending a specialist, he speaks with pharmacists on the phone to assist a travelling patient. If you live in Edmonton, and he is your doctor, you have won the healthcare lottery. (BTW - you meet the most amazing people in his waiting room - some that have travelled 2 hours or more to see him) He also supplies active treatment patients like me (cancer) with a 24 hour access number to reach him. Thank you God for bringing Dr. Fernando into our lives.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2015

Best Doctor in the world! He is very nice and knows what he is doing! I recommend him to everyone!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015