Ratings for Dr. Ivanna Tataryn

I found Dr. Tataryn to be quite knowledgeable when I asked questions but didn't feel like I had a lot of time with her at my appointments to ask any questions or with bein a first time mom that I would even know what questions to ask really but wasn't given much direction from her other then the come back when I was told to. I don't really need bedside manner much because I'd rather have someone know what their doing moreso than be nice to me, but compassion goes a long way for making new moms feel comfortable and confident! I did however find the staff to be on the bitter side and usually a little snarky and unprofessional with their open conversations about clients or their personal lives. I do know I would still see Dr. tataryn for my next baby but not opposed to seeing someone else either.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

She told me i would never have kids . I was really upset. Moved and seem a different doc and guess what i now have 2 kids and naturally

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

We wouldn't be celebrating our son's 23rd birthday next week if not for Dr Tataryn. We struggled with infertility in the early 1990 s. We now have 2 beautiful and successful adult children. One is a chemical engineer and our daughter is in 4 th year at Uof A. We think of Dr Tataryn often and thank her for our blessings.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Dr. Tataryn performed my son's circumcision. She was extremely rude and her bedside manner was HORRIBLE! I have never experienced such poor bedside manner. We had to pay for the procedure out of pocket because it is not covered by Alberta Health Care and she had the nerve to say to us that she was "doing it as a favor". That did not sit well with me and I can let you know that I gave her a piece of my mind! She is extremely unprofessional. I could go on and about how unprofessional she is. Let me just say that we filed a complaint with the Health Minister.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Dr. Tataryn is an amazing doctor. I had her her for both my pregnancies. I have always read comments about her being rude, however she has always been very pleasant with me, maybe it's because I don't waste her time with small talk. I would rather have a doctor who knows her stuff than a doctor with a great personality who likes to chat. Tataryn was on holidays with my first delivery thankfully another great doctor was there to delivery me. However , when she recently delivered my second I could see why she is such a great doctor! She commands the room, and doesn't put up with any nonsense. seeing the respect she gets from all the staff at the hospital also says a lot about the kind of Doctor she is. Will definitely keep going to Dr. T for all future pregnancies!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

I've seen many comments about Dr.Tataryn being very cold and dismissive which made me really nervous to see her. And let me say, if I have to choose between doctors who small talk and have very little knowledge in what you actually need help in VS a doctor who doesn't ask you how your day is going and is amazing in their field then I would much rather have latter. She is outstanding! I would say she's one of those genius type people who don't have a big personality but she listens and cares so much. I have been suffering what I believed was endometriosis since I was at least 13 and I am now 27 years old. First doctor who ever actually believed EVERYTHING I said and was smiling/gentle/talked me through my internal exams. I have never had that before. Everyone is normally so rough down there and trust me I ca handle pain. I don't give an **** if she doesn't ask me how my day is..that's ridiculous for people to expect that of a DOCTOR. She gave me a ton of information to decide on laparoscopic surgery and didn't prescribe a million drugs like other doctors. If you care enough about your health to see someone who knows EXACTLY what you're suffering from then see her! The only reason I gave 3 stars is because I waited a while in the waiting room and when they brought me to a room. But c'mon we have free health care so people really need to stop complaining about petty stuff. Anyways, she's the best!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

If Dr. Tataryn seems rude to you just give it right back, let her know you'll give as good as you get from her -- and then proceed because you are in the hands of the best gyne surgeon in the province. Do your homework before you go in. Be a knowledgeable patient, and have your questions written down. She's in demand.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

I love D.T honestly because of her I'm not suffering anymore. Over 30 years I have had endo and all the doctors I have seen in my past would say suck it, it's just your period. When my husband and I started trying to have children I knew something was wrong so I got in to see her and after 5 1/2 hr surgery I was finally validated for all the years of period pain. It was not in my head. Thank you Doctor T.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

Dr T is amazing. She is super smart, competent and she gets down to business right away. She gives you the facts and information straight up. She also gives you (and the rest of her patients) the time needed so can run a little late - but the wait is worth it. I feel grateful to be in her care. I trust her with my life.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2016

I owe her my life. I had planned/hoped for a water birth at home with my midwife and ended up in the hospital instead. In my 38th week of pregnancy it was discovered that I had HELLP SYNDROME. I was stubborn beyond words/ not thinking clearly and refused a C-section. I was induced. Dr Amanda Aiken (ANGEL) left for the day and Dr. Tataryn was taking over. After pushing for nearly 3 hours, baby girl got stuck, was in distress and Dr T saved the day. Baby had shoulder distocia and was stuck under pubic bone. Nurses, NICU TEAM, and residents piled into the room... Dr T completely commanded the room. She had to give me a huge episiotomy(had to pull baby's arm over her head to get her out!!) and I tore 4th degree---but she saved our lives. Baby was 10lbs (my 1st! Ah!). After delivery I hemorrhaged very badly and my placenta would not come out... again Dr T worked her magic and saved me AGAIN. She was abrupt with nurses and her students but I mean, rightfully so, it's serious stuff after all! She was very nice to me and I honestly count my lucky stars on a daily basis that she was there that night. Nurses kept telling me that I was so lucky she was there because she "really knows her stuff and is an AMAZING surgeon". Dispite having countless and countless stitches, everything healed fantastic! She is a phenomenal OBGYN and I will be forever grateful for her!!!!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016