Ratings for Dr. Ivanna Tataryn

Dr T is one of the best OBGYNs in Alberta. She is straight forward, competent and gets straight to the point. She gives you the facts and information straight up. She runs late because she is thorough and deals with every patient and their questions accordingly. I trust her completely as my OBGYN.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

I have been seeing this doctor for years now. There are not many endocrinologists in the City and she is SUPER BUSY all the time. I don't mind waiting for an expert. I know her history of not being the nicest to deal with; but what do you want expertise advice or your mommy? She's not your mommy she is your busy doctor. Talk to her; do your homework too and she appreciate its. She has totally opened up to me over the years. It might be because I talk to her like grown up, do my own homework and respect that she is very busy. I am in and out. I don't waste her time. If so many of you are unhappy with her, I say Great! Less time in the waiting room for me.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

I personally didn't see her, but my good friend did and had the WORST experience with her. She has been seeing Dr. Tataryn for several years and she get's insane anxiety every time she has to go in. She is NEVER on time, my friend books appts first thing in the morning (9:30am) and she always runs 3-4 hrs late. How can this be!!?? ALWAYS!! My friend has had to reschedule several times because of it and never get's a straight answer. The woman is RUDE and IGNORANT and jumps to bias conclusions. Just hearing about my friends experience with the Dr. made me look for this site to warn people of her ARROGANCE and IGNORANCE! Avoid at all costs, she isn't worth the it!!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

I don't understand how this woman is still practicing. I saw her several years ago and it was the most tramaumatic medical experience of my life. She was callous, rude, demeaning, and emotionally neglectful. She failed to provide any support or information. For ten years I stayed away from all OBGYN's because she disturbed me so much. Thankfully I found a much better doctor. Please find another doctor.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Our first appointment with Dr. Tataryn was awesome. She was so nice and helpful and for the first time in years we thought we might have a chance at having a baby. That would be the last time we saw that version of Dr. Tataryn. After that, every question we asked was met with a look of disgust and never answered. It got to a point where she would walk in, tell us "well that procedure failed" would hand is some papers and leave. When we did get a moment to talk, we would ask what we needed to do for our next procedure and she would laugh and tell us that's what health nurses are for. I began crying when she said we would never have a baby naturally and she scoffed, put some papers about IVF down in front of me, and walked out. In my mom's group, there are approximately 15 other women with the same experience and we warn every single new mom to be to get out of her care as fast as possible. Would not even recommend her to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I found Dr. Tataryn to be quite knowledgeable when I asked questions but didn't feel like I had a lot of time with her at my appointments to ask any questions or with bein a first time mom that I would even know what questions to ask really but wasn't given much direction from her other then the come back when I was told to. I don't really need bedside manner much because I'd rather have someone know what their doing moreso than be nice to me, but compassion goes a long way for making new moms feel comfortable and confident! I did however find the staff to be on the bitter side and usually a little snarky and unprofessional with their open conversations about clients or their personal lives. I do know I would still see Dr. tataryn for my next baby but not opposed to seeing someone else either.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

She told me i would never have kids . I was really upset. Moved and seem a different doc and guess what i now have 2 kids and naturally

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

We wouldn't be celebrating our son's 23rd birthday next week if not for Dr Tataryn. We struggled with infertility in the early 1990 s. We now have 2 beautiful and successful adult children. One is a chemical engineer and our daughter is in 4 th year at Uof A. We think of Dr Tataryn often and thank her for our blessings.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Dr. Tataryn performed my son's circumcision. She was extremely rude and her bedside manner was HORRIBLE! I have never experienced such poor bedside manner. We had to pay for the procedure out of pocket because it is not covered by Alberta Health Care and she had the nerve to say to us that she was "doing it as a favor". That did not sit well with me and I can let you know that I gave her a piece of my mind! She is extremely unprofessional. I could go on and about how unprofessional she is. Let me just say that we filed a complaint with the Health Minister.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Dr. Tataryn is an amazing doctor. I had her her for both my pregnancies. I have always read comments about her being rude, however she has always been very pleasant with me, maybe it's because I don't waste her time with small talk. I would rather have a doctor who knows her stuff than a doctor with a great personality who likes to chat. Tataryn was on holidays with my first delivery thankfully another great doctor was there to delivery me. However , when she recently delivered my second I could see why she is such a great doctor! She commands the room, and doesn't put up with any nonsense. seeing the respect she gets from all the staff at the hospital also says a lot about the kind of Doctor she is. Will definitely keep going to Dr. T for all future pregnancies!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016