Ratings for Dr. Ivanna Tataryn

Dr ivanna ta. Is. Nice but however I was very Ill. And. Age pointed out that be my gallbladder. But her student suggested I go to enegermency And she said no. They wouldn't help me at the hospital she is right the hospital in fort McMurrayveverytime I go. They send me home but how ever this time was in Edmonton. been very ill. This was the witsr she treated my mom. Knowing how sick iam. I'm not healthy that's why I come to see the doctor the other day I almost fainted twice . U think she take that in consideration to . Told the staff how I was feeling before meeting her they said I was in the right place just because I have no urits doesn't mean. That she check my stomach. She just stood there watching with the other doctor me why I was laying down in pain. She could've got me to see another doctor in the building with gastrointestinalsost. She was trying to help me but didn't know what to do

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

Thank you for the amazing care you gave my daughter and new granddaughter! Your knowledge and expertise is so appreciated! We are forever thankful for the part you played in the safe delivery of our sweet and healthy babe! Thank you and God bless you!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2018

1st appointment with her last month. She was very abrupt and rude, I was hoping this was due to being way behind on intake. She gave me advise that contradicts what 3 other doctors have told me (Stop taking metformin because it'll prevent me from loosing weight???). I'm going to give it another shot as I'm told she's the closest thing to a PCOS specialist my family doctor could find. Hubby and I have been trying for children for too many years and our time is running out... will update after the next appointment

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

drT is a brilliant surgeon and doctor. She is compassionate, kind and caring. She is direct and factual which I appreciate. She is incredibly intelligent and likely doesn’t suffer fools gladly. She isn’t into small talk which is a relief - after all you are there to discuss your health! I am a scientist and I appreciate she doesn’t dumb things down for me. If you want an amazing doctor, go to Dr T. There is no one better in my opinion. She has been a huge support for me. Thanks Dr T. You really are the best!!!!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2018

I quickly skimmed through all the reviews and I am quite stunned that she has received numerous recommendations from patients. This Dr. seems like she is straight to the point at first. After reading all the negative reviews, I thought maybe some people are just not compatible with her. But my last appointment with her proves that she just couldn’t care any less. The questions that she asks me during every appointment is the exact same ones that she never seem to remember the answers to. And when she pretends that she cares and asks you how you are doing, she doesn’t even pretend to care what you say. I have to ask her about my tests and readings right when she dismisses me because she never looks at it and goes over the results with me. Most of the time, she can’t even find the right page of what she’s looking for. She is such a dissapointment for being a “specialist”. A doctor with no compassion or care for her patients emotionally. I am at 31 weeks and I’m not chancing to find out that she cant take care of me and my baby physically either. A simple check if my cervix is dilated was the most painful check that I’ve ever experienced. I felt violated when she was done. I’m very happy to have found a much better doctor. If you have the chance to pass up on this doctor, please save yourself the stress and get another referral.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

Worst. She was unkind at each appointment and snapped at me if I asked a question. At the time I should have known better and switched doctors, but it was my first pregnancy and I lacked confidence. Today was my 36 week cervix check at a different doctors for my second pregnancy, I have been dreading this day for weeks because of how brutally painful this check was with Dr T. I was in tears waiting and was utterly terrified. Imagine my surprise that while uncomfortable, it certainly didn’t hurt, it’s clear now Dr T. clearly took issue with me for some reason and was overly aggressive with my check. I feel angrier than ever that I allowed myself to remain in the hands of Dr T. and have felt compelled, 3 years later, to finally speak out against her treatment.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

Dr Tataryn is the best doctors I have ever had, both for her specialty and for a thorough evaluation in general. Her surgical skills are excellent. There is no one I would feel more confident with diagnosis and surgery.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2018

After an ectopic, a miscarriage and 1 year trying to conceive without luck, and pursuing all the avenues my family Dr could, she referred me to a specialist. She said she recommended Dr T for her knowledge and expertise, not for her bedside manner but it was up to me. It made me nervous but I wanted the best. It took a while to get in, and there was some issue with my referral getting lost but the staff was more than accommodating and nothing but helpful (from her old office). Finally it came to my appointment and Dr T did everything she could to help me. She wasn’t even just “ok to deal with” she was nice, pleasant, made jokes smiled. I love her! I saw her in Oct 2014, and by Nov 2015 I was pregnant with my son who is now 2.5. In the year she did test after test, I had 2 surgeries (which she performed herself) – at the hospital she came in pre-op and was comforting (she even rubs my toes haha). When she technically did “everything she could” under her OB office she transferred me to her Fertility Clinic office quickly and got moving again in no time. She always kept me informed of all my options, she said I might have to do IVF and gave me my time frame but when I told her the way I was comfortable she agreed to try my way first. She is super busy woman and I found the more I kept up on my history and results, I never had any issues. She speaks very “Doctor talk” but if you ask questions, she has no problem explaining. I am not pregnant with my second (naturally ), and I chose to go back to her. I have nothing but great things to say about her again.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

29 years ago, when I was a scared pregnant teen, I went to see Dr. Tataryn. At the time, I wanted a female OB/GYN and there were not many options in Edmonton. When my family physician heard that I was seeing Tataryn (I think I had been referred by another doctor), he said it was bad news, that she was well known for being extremely unpleasant and unkind. She lived up to this reputation. She is a nasty, condescending, unemotional, horrible woman with no compassion. I tend to value intelligence over bedside manner, but I did not see enough value in Tataryn's brain to make up for her behaviour. She is the sort of doctor you might expect to have if you were in a maximum security prison hospital. You are not. You have other options, so I beg you to choose a nicer doctor. I literally have not had a gynecologist for 29 years because I hated her so much. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and I just work with my GP to manage it. It is probably possible to find a decent gynecologist in Edmonton now, but this woman has put me off. Maybe I will just wait for menopause.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2017

Asks you questions out of topic then gets angry. If she notices you don't speak good English she evolves into monster. Just like the police don't start questions with her instead just wait for her to do the talking. One theory though may be during her training in olden days was the doctor have to be aggresive no question asked.i will NEVER see her again.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017