Ratings for Dr. Ivanna Tataryn

If Dr. Tataryn seems rude to you just give it right back, let her know you'll give as good as you get from her -- and then proceed because you are in the hands of the best gyne surgeon in the province. Do your homework before you go in. Be a knowledgeable patient, and have your questions written down. She's in demand.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

I love D.T honestly because of her I'm not suffering anymore. Over 30 years I have had endo and all the doctors I have seen in my past would say suck it, it's just your period. When my husband and I started trying to have children I knew something was wrong so I got in to see her and after 5 1/2 hr surgery I was finally validated for all the years of period pain. It was not in my head. Thank you Doctor T.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

Dr T is amazing. She is super smart, competent and she gets down to business right away. She gives you the facts and information straight up. She also gives you (and the rest of her patients) the time needed so can run a little late - but the wait is worth it. I feel grateful to be in her care. I trust her with my life.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2016

I owe her my life. I had planned/hoped for a water birth at home with my midwife and ended up in the hospital instead. In my 38th week of pregnancy it was discovered that I had HELLP SYNDROME. I was stubborn beyond words/ not thinking clearly and refused a C-section. I was induced. Dr Amanda Aiken (ANGEL) left for the day and Dr. Tataryn was taking over. After pushing for nearly 3 hours, baby girl got stuck, was in distress and Dr T saved the day. Baby had shoulder distocia and was stuck under pubic bone. Nurses, NICU TEAM, and residents piled into the room... Dr T completely commanded the room. She had to give me a huge episiotomy(had to pull baby's arm over her head to get her out!!) and I tore 4th degree---but she saved our lives. Baby was 10lbs (my 1st! Ah!). After delivery I hemorrhaged very badly and my placenta would not come out... again Dr T worked her magic and saved me AGAIN. She was abrupt with nurses and her students but I mean, rightfully so, it's serious stuff after all! She was very nice to me and I honestly count my lucky stars on a daily basis that she was there that night. Nurses kept telling me that I was so lucky she was there because she "really knows her stuff and is an AMAZING surgeon". Dispite having countless and countless stitches, everything healed fantastic! She is a phenomenal OBGYN and I will be forever grateful for her!!!!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

It has been 5 years since I had surgery (complete hyst) for a large ovarian mass and clean-up of a mess of endometriosis involving my bowel. I chose Dr. Tataryn b/c she is the surgeon that many health care professionals go to and any good nurse that works in the field will recommend her for her competence and skill. She will not put up with any nonsense or incompetence with hospital staff. She went out of her way to photocopy information for me about my surgery and even made a few humerous comments about me reading too much info off the internet. I don't think she ever hugged me but that's ok, my husband and mom can do that. I wanted a top notch surgeon and that is what I got and although my surgery was 5 years ago, I think of her often and am so thankful that I continue to feel terrific. My sister now goes to her as well and she is happy with her care.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

I've been a patient for over a year now and didn't care if Dr. T was "cold" as long as she knew what she was doing right? Wrong! The minute you walk into that clinic from the get go it's a negative experience. The front office staff of the fertility clinic are rude, the wait times are ridiculous and Dr. T is "rough" her internal exams are painful. Other Dr.s have preformed the exact same exams and they never hurt. She doesn't know your file from the next persons file (You would like being a specialist she should know what she's walking into before she walks into the room) Infertility is complex and every one's cycle is different, this should be a top reason that you should know the file and care of the person that you have been seeing and are about to see again. When you ask questions trying to understand your care better she looks at you and responds like you're an imbecile. Getting any answers is like pulling teeth. Nothing is ever explained, tests are ordered, exams are done and you have no idea why. I have had to research everything to better understand what's going on. I get more anxiety walking into this clinic than anywhere else. It's not worth it. Papers from my chart have been found on another persons chart instead, I was given a prescription for someone else and then told it was void and that I should have that medication anyway only to be called back and given the same prescription again (Please note that this is the incompetence of the clinic NOT Dr Tataryn) They are too busy treating everyone like a herd of cattle shuffling people through the revolving door that they have no idea what is going on with any of their patients. I paid thousands of $$$$$ and I get way better service at a car dealership - THIS IS SAD! This is your body, mind, money etc. Please note that the majority of my complaints are the clinic as a whole, I feel they are incompetent and it's all about the money. Yes, Dr. T is cold and has terrible bedside manner but the front desk staff are just as terrible as is the clinics organizational skills and competency. The nursing staff are great, however I have heard comments from some of the nurses as well as other Dr.s that they are aware how cold she is and everyone has the same complaints. I'll be leaving this clinic, I would rather pay more $ and be treated properly while going through a difficult time rather than stay there.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

I had a great experience with her ... I got pneumonia when I was pregnant with my daughter and nearly died and she helped me a great deal and carried out the rest of my pregnancy being my doctor I think she's wonderful she is very caring... She really cared for my health and the health of my babies and I found that to be very comforting... I recently found out that she will be the doctor of my second child and I'm pretty satisfied with that... Different experience with every person I guess right

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Terrible bedside manner. No compassion for either infertility issues or the death of a baby. Was a horrible experience, but what other options do you have???!!! Nurse was very kind and apologetic for her and says she heard this all the time?? Why is she in this field if she obviously cares so little for patients who are going through traumatic times.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

She possesses high quality of professionalism. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

My samesex partner and I visited this doctor at the Royal Alex when we wanted to conceive. Rude, disapproving, judgmental, inappropriate... I could go on and on. Long story short, we chose a private donor, became pregnant on the first attempt, and are going to have a homebirth with a midwife! Great job losing business for the fertility clinic Dr. Tataryn, we're using our 5k for a babymoon instead!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016