You may also like

Rate Dr. Ivanna Tataryn

Dr. Ivanna Tataryn's Ratings

After reading some of the comments below, I TOTALLY AGREE! Dr. Tataryn not only has a poor bad-side manner, but also is a very poor communicator. She does not listen well to her patients and does not remember her previous diagnosis or treatment plans. In fact, I have been seeing her regularly for the past 7 years. Not only she shovels me around with repetitive tests and inconsistent treatment plans, but also she does not even remember me as a patient. The only reason I kept seeing her was I thought she was a very experienced Gynecologist. She could very well be one, but she has not addressed/resolved any of my problems. I would not recommend Dr. Tataryn to anybody!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2901090].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2015

I was first a patient with Dr. Horner and Dr. Reid when Dr. Tataryn first began practicing. After experiencing such kind and gentle bedside manner from the previous obgyns I expected the same from Dr. Tataryn. I was referred to her once again some 45 years later. If at all possible, she has gotten worse. She was more fixated on my weight than she was on the reason for my visit. She asked if I had always been obese. When I explained that at one point I only weighed 89 pounds she said she found that hard to believe. She then proceeded to do a biopsy without any freezing in her office. I could literally feel her hacking away at tissue. I cried through the whole procedure which took about 10 minutes. The pain was worse than labor pain. Such cold and unwarranted treatment because she did not want to wait for me to have the procedure done in hospital. I feel like she could have cared less the pain I was experiencing. I will never go back to her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2885661].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2015

Will never see her again. She jumps to conclusions and will not entertain anything except her way. She thinks she's giving the honest truth but she's just wrong. Has one of the worst bedside manners in any doctor I've seen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2851215].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2015

I will never go back to Dr Tataryn. First off she caused me excruciating pain during an hsg. This was my second one done. The first one was by a different doctor it was uncomfortable but not unbearable. When Tataryn did the hsg on me I jumped off the table then bled for days. Once all our results came in I went to see her to go over results. She told me my hubby had htlv 1 and 2. Never told me anything about it except it was the sister disease to HIV. Then told me that her clinic couldn't help us because of this and said she would refer us to Calgary. As far as I still know both clinics offer the same procedures. We went to my hubby's family doctor got him checked again for this HTLV 1 and 2 and it came back negative. No one should ever have to go through what she put us through. She should not be a doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2842903].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

I love her! She is great she is friendly and put my stresses at ease. She is strict to the point and tells me how it is! I love that! she delivered my daughter and I'm very glad she will be there from start to finish with this babe too!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2805082].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

Given the choice to be taken care of by a pack of rabid dogs or Dr Tataryn I would choice the dogs. I have no problems with a physician with an abrupt personality or no bedside manner as long as they can get the job done but she is no Dr House. This is not brilliance couched in a lack of bedside manner it's mediocrity at its best with an abysysmal personality.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2789171].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

Dr. Tataryn is very professional and she has a kind heart too. We have been seeing her since 2009 and had a hard time getting pregnant. She always gives us good advice and encouragement. We recently had a baby boy after so many years. It is such a long journey and our dream finally came true. We are so grateful for her great care during my pregnancy. It is such a beautiful experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2760047].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Tataryn for almost 10 years. When I first starting seeing her I did feel that she was a bit cold and abrupt. However, I quickly learned that these are not the most important factors when choosing a doctor. When I ran into problems with my first pregnancy, she was the only health care professional that gave it to me straight and gave me good advice about mine and my baby's future. It was at this point that I realized how important it is to see a doctor that is knowledgeable and experienced. I have total respect for her and her abilities. I trust her completely, and would never trade this for a better bed side manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2747774].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

my husband and I have seen her for numerous ultrasounds at the regional fertility clinic, and she is awful. she barely says 2 words to either one of us. she is abrupt, rude and doesn't offer any advise or info. she lacks communication not only with her patents but with the nursing staff as well. She doesn't mention to the nurses what her plan is for the next few days of your cycle and she most definitely doesn't tell you anything while your in the ultrasounds. Don't expect much from her.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2731181].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Tataryn for nearly 5 years. She helped figure out my infertility problems and now i have 2 wonderful children. Yes Dr. T can be running behind, infact I have learned to expect it, however she is normally behind as she also has to check on her patients at the hospital on her lunches. Dr. T can be very blunt and while it may hurt some peoples feelings I don't think is her intention. She knows her stuff and she will help you the best she can.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2710954].votes_count ]]