Ratings for Dr. Ivanna Tataryn

Worst. She was unkind at each appointment and snapped at me if I asked a question. At the time I should have known better and switched doctors, but it was my first pregnancy and I lacked confidence. Today was my 36 week cervix check at a different doctors for my second pregnancy, I have been dreading this day for weeks because of how brutally painful this check was with Dr T. I was in tears waiting and was utterly terrified. Imagine my surprise that while uncomfortable, it certainly didn’t hurt, it’s clear now Dr T. clearly took issue with me for some reason and was overly aggressive with my check. I feel angrier than ever that I allowed myself to remain in the hands of Dr T. and have felt compelled, 3 years later, to finally speak out against her treatment.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

Dr Tataryn is the best doctors I have ever had, both for her specialty and for a thorough evaluation in general. Her surgical skills are excellent. There is no one I would feel more confident with diagnosis and surgery.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2018

After an ectopic, a miscarriage and 1 year trying to conceive without luck, and pursuing all the avenues my family Dr could, she referred me to a specialist. She said she recommended Dr T for her knowledge and expertise, not for her bedside manner but it was up to me. It made me nervous but I wanted the best. It took a while to get in, and there was some issue with my referral getting lost but the staff was more than accommodating and nothing but helpful (from her old office). Finally it came to my appointment and Dr T did everything she could to help me. She wasn’t even just “ok to deal with” she was nice, pleasant, made jokes smiled. I love her! I saw her in Oct 2014, and by Nov 2015 I was pregnant with my son who is now 2.5. In the year she did test after test, I had 2 surgeries (which she performed herself) – at the hospital she came in pre-op and was comforting (she even rubs my toes haha). When she technically did “everything she could” under her OB office she transferred me to her Fertility Clinic office quickly and got moving again in no time. She always kept me informed of all my options, she said I might have to do IVF and gave me my time frame but when I told her the way I was comfortable she agreed to try my way first. She is super busy woman and I found the more I kept up on my history and results, I never had any issues. She speaks very “Doctor talk” but if you ask questions, she has no problem explaining. I am not pregnant with my second (naturally ), and I chose to go back to her. I have nothing but great things to say about her again.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

29 years ago, when I was a scared pregnant teen, I went to see Dr. Tataryn. At the time, I wanted a female OB/GYN and there were not many options in Edmonton. When my family physician heard that I was seeing Tataryn (I think I had been referred by another doctor), he said it was bad news, that she was well known for being extremely unpleasant and unkind. She lived up to this reputation. She is a nasty, condescending, unemotional, horrible woman with no compassion. I tend to value intelligence over bedside manner, but I did not see enough value in Tataryn's brain to make up for her behaviour. She is the sort of doctor you might expect to have if you were in a maximum security prison hospital. You are not. You have other options, so I beg you to choose a nicer doctor. I literally have not had a gynecologist for 29 years because I hated her so much. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and I just work with my GP to manage it. It is probably possible to find a decent gynecologist in Edmonton now, but this woman has put me off. Maybe I will just wait for menopause.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2017

Asks you questions out of topic then gets angry. If she notices you don't speak good English she evolves into monster. Just like the police don't start questions with her instead just wait for her to do the talking. One theory though may be during her training in olden days was the doctor have to be aggresive no question asked.i will NEVER see her again.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Roflmao.......wouldn't consider her a genius🙄 She has to be the worst Dr I have ever encountered.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

All my appointments were pleasant. I didn't have any problems with her. She is a brillant doctor so I understand why others may think she is rude. Most geniuses are on the strange side.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

Worst doctor ever. She makes you wait for hours and hours and doesn't answer your question.... Even the front office staff is highly unprofessional.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Dr Tataryn, or should I say "butcher" delivered my daughter some 34 yrs ago. What should have been a c section was instead a natural birth. No meds were administered, no freezing, no nothing. Baby was too large for me so she used the large forceps to remove her from my ripped up privates. The pain was excruciating!! She was yelling at all the medical assistants in the operating room and yelling at me for screaming in agony. I was ripped stem to stern. Even the nurses were appalled at the damage she created. During the 6 week follow up she tells me that my next child would have to be delivered cesarean if it was larger than my 7lb 3 oz daughter. Thanks to Dr T I had been so tramatized with child birth I never allowed myself to ever get pregnant again. On a happy note, My husband and I have raised a beautiful, lovely daughter who is expecting in March. Her Dr will NOT be the "butcher"

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

Dr T is one of the best OBGYNs in Alberta. She is straight forward, competent and gets straight to the point. She gives you the facts and information straight up. She runs late because she is thorough and deals with every patient and their questions accordingly. I trust her completely as my OBGYN.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017