Ratings for Dr. Shirley Junkin

S Junkin is now retired I liked her and felt welcome... never had a serious health issue.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2011

My wife and I were looking for a family doctor. I would trust my health matters with a 7-11 employee before I gave Junkin a chance. She's a dolt!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2009

Dr. Junkin was my physician for many years. I always felt like I got really good service from her. I think she is shy and that sometimes comes off a poor people skills, but as we got to know each other, I felt comfortable with her. I'm sorry she has retired.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2008

Dr. Junkin showed concern about my health issues, insured that I had appropriate testing and called me at home with results. She gave me good advice on several minor aliments. I was sorry to hear that she was leaving this community. Both my husband and I appreciated her low key, friendly manner.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2008

she is very rude and doesnt seem to care about your problem, good pill pusher...when I was pregnant I showed her my ultrasound picture because I had problems with making out the image and she explained what I was looking at...and how do you make out a full body of the baby? when infact it turned out to just be a close up of the head...yikes. Thought she knew her job.wouldn't recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2007

I didn't have much experience with this doctor. I wanted to see a female physician so I went to her for the birth control pill when I was younger. She gave me a very high dose hormone pill that another doctor told me was way too high, especially since I smoked cigarettes at that time. From what I've read, I don't know if she should be writing prescriptions...

flag | Submitted October 3, 2007

WORST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. BECAUSE ONLY DR AT THE TIME TAKING PATIENTS I WAS STUCT WITH HER. WOULD SEND ME TO A SPECIALIST AND THEN TELL ME THE SPECIALIST MISDIAGNOSED ME? AND THEN GIVE ME MORE DRUGS!! YAAAA. I AGREE THAT THERE SHOULD BE SOME KIND OF TESTING DONE TO QUALIFY TO BE A DR. YOU NEED TO BE RETESTED WHEN YOU DRIVE A VEHICLE? STILL HAS NO HOSPITAL PRIVILEDGES - THAT SHOULD MAKE YOU WONDER SHOULDN'T IT?

flag | Submitted July 11, 2007

Was stuck without a dr. when I became pregnant. This is where Dr. 'Junkie', as so many of you have called her, came into the picture. She wanted me to take pills when I was pregnant! (There was nothing wrong with me !) Once the baby was born, she didn't waste a moment to write a prescription for the baby! I took that and the baby to a pediatrician, and the pediatrian threw out the prescription, saying that there was no reason for the baby to be on that.( In other professions, there is drug testing done. Maybe it's time our healthcare givers had to do that too. )But my story has a happy ending. We changed doctors !

flag | Submitted June 17, 2007

She has been in our family for generations, and it's great knowing she takes care of us.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2007

Had her for years; had to get away! Dr. Junkie is right. If it's not that she's busy "spacing out" at her perscription pad, it's that she perscribes you everything under the sun. Very relieved she isn't my dr. anymore. I had tonsilitis when I was younger, but it was misdiagnosed for several months by her until it got so bad, my tonsils had to be removed. First, she called it strep, then mono, then back to strep, mono, and finally, oh it must be tonsilitis. Whatever. If you need a good fix, but not a proper diagnosis, she may be the right dr. for you. Oh ya, and forget her being on time for your appointment; she's probably busy spacing out at that perscription pad.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2007