Ratings for Dr. Clinic Lions Gate Maternity

I am a maternity nurse and I appreciate the respect and compassion from the doctors. I would recommend the clinic to anyone!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2018

Subpar care! I think they are fine if you have a simple pregnancy but anything serious I wouldn't risk it. I had a miscarriage and there was minimal follow up. The emergency room doctor cared more for me and my health. I bled for 2 weeks and was sent for an emergency ultra sound via the emergency room doctor where it was discovered there was so much tissue left inside me I was at an immediate high risk for severe complications. As so I had an emergency D & C. Disgusting that their lack of care and follow up were not reprimanded if you ask me! Not to mention when I tried to get my $50 deposit back they refused, how tacky!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2018

I have had 2 babies there and love the services, staff and everything. That's the reason I don't want to move out of North Vancouver, so when I have the next baby, I will go there again!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2018

I called to book an apt only to have it cancelled on me because my "hcg was low". The receptionist made it sound like I was having another miscarriage (it would be my 2nd mc in a row) so I went to a walk in clinic because I don't have a family dr yet here in North Vancouver and asked her whether my hcg was low for 4.5 weeks. Dr said no and it's well in the range for 5 weeks! So I asked her to write me a blood test requisition form for 2 days to see my hcg level and I got my first result! Happy to report it went up and it's in the range for 6weeks! Seriously not impressed at how they treated me and made me feel like I was loosing another baby. I don't know whether to go back here and book another apt or not.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

I was born there, my son was born there and now my baby girl will be born there. The doctors are great, responding to every question I have had. They don't Rush appointments and If you have concerns they will get you in to see a doc right away. All in all I'd recommend if for sure

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

The care provided by all of the doctors I saw during my pregnancy and in the six weeks following my daughter's birth was fantastic. I never felt rushed, all of my concerns were listened to and I always felt that the doctors were very thorough and provided the best care possible. The doctors were always happy to speak to me on the phone or fit me in at short notice if there was something that couldn't wait until my next scheduled appointment. I would definitely recommend this clinic and would go back there if we were to have another baby.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

Some doctors are like in hurry to get the appointment done.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

I am registered with this clinic for baby #2 and am 2/3 of the way through my pregnancy. I used them for baby #1 in 2011/2012 and had a great experience then and now so far with this pregnancy. The doctors are very knowledgeable and because of this are often helping to train new doctors in pre and postnatal care, which I think is wonderful. People are right that you sometimes receive conflicting advice depending on who you see, but given there are seven or eight doctors on the team, this seems normal to me and I value different opinions. They are also quick to refer to other specialists and make sure people are using the public health nurses post delivery, who are amazing. They referred me to the loveliest breast feeding specialist, Janice Sampson, when my first baby was a month old and she helped a lot. Dr. Lawson delivered my first baby and was amazing. Both she and Dr. Galt have amazing bedside manner and take the time to listen. Sometimes the appointments start late, but at the same time I have been late on a few occasions and they have been understanding, especially when it is hard to get a newborn out of the house on time for postnatal appointments.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

One really has to wonder why so many people are posting misleading posts to this rating service. Our experience so far has been excellent. The team approach to maternity care makes a great deal of sense. The staff with whom we've been in contact so far seem to be very, very good. We're glad that this clinic is available.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014