Ratings for Dr. Mark Norris

I am happy to be Dr. Norris' s new patient. He has outstanding dental expertise, fantastic communication skills and high level professionalism. He is skilled, gentle and dedicated to his patients, discovering problems that other dentists missed. Recently, my old bridge fell out and I phoned his office number seeking help even though I knew he was on vacation. As it turned out, he was still in town. He kindly came back to the office on Saturday to provide first aid to my teeth and line up appropriate referrals. This was an amazing assistance, well above and beyond a call of duty! I was greatly relieved and am looking forward to receiving care from him. Dr. Norris also teaches dentistry at UBC and abroad ; his students are lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2017

My wife has been going to dr. Norris for about 20 years and raved about his skill and demeanour. She could not have been more right. His ability is unmatched and gives the time for each patient.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

I went to see Dr. Norris in December 2016. He seems to be a nice, knowledgeable, caring dentist. I had an appointment for a cleaning in January 2017, which I had to cancel due to the flu. In the 2 months since, I have tried to contact Dr. Norris' office on numerous occasions. There was no answer or I received voice mail. When I left voice messages, they go unanswered. It has been a very frustrating experience and maes me wonder why I left my previous dentist.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

I came from Hong Kong, with no experience with any dentists here in Canada. When I checked in with Dr.Norris the other day from my toothache, he told me I needed a root canal which was a little scary to say the least. Anyways, Dr.Norris is really the genuine, caring and helpful dentist everyone dreams about. He tells you everything in advance, with as much information as possible for you to decide. He stayed after his working hours TWICE to diagnose and do part of my root canal treatment. On top of all that, he is great at what he does. I barely felt the procedure and came out a happy kid walking out of the office, smiling :)

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

EXCELLENT ROOT CANAL DENTIST Let me begin by saying I am petrified of the “r” word. I’m not usually frightened of dentists, but the words “root canal” have such horrific associations for me, that when my first Canadian dentist flagged a possible nerve problem, I decided it was time to seek a second opinion. Being an international student and not knowing Vancouver well, I asked friends for recommendations. One friend recommended Dr Norris, describing him as “very thorough and honest.” Having now been treated in his office, I completely concur and would add that this dentist is incredibly compassionate. Although Dr Norris was fully booked until August when I called, he not only agreed to see me in his lunch break to give me a diagnosis, but kindly offered to stay after the office closed to do the emergency root canal I needed. As for the experience itself, let me say this: I had no idea that dental work could be done so gently and painlessly. As an international student, I’ve been treated by several dentists in both Australia and Canada. Some of these have been gentle, and a few have been technically talented. None of them have hands that are as gentle or deft as this dentist. I am still astounded at Dr Norris’s ability to make a root canal COMPLETELY painless. Dr Norris's gentle and reassuring demeanor also really helped with the nerves. By the third appointment, he actually had me laughing! I feel so fortunate to have had this problem happen in Vancouver because I wouldn’t trust any dentist more than Dr Norris. And, once the emergency dental work had been done, Dr Norris called the next day to check everything was fine. Very talented, empathetic dentist. The hygienist in this office, Danka, was also excellent. She was knowledgeable, attentive and empathetic. And Dayna at the front desk is always helpful and professional. I can’t see any enough good things about this surgery. Very, very disappointed to have to leave it once I return home.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

Dr Norris has given me a perfect smile with upper crowns. The planning, engineering and care in providing this work was outstanding. They replaced teeth that were compromised due to age and stress. I can highly recommend Dr Norris for dental care and crowns when needed.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Dr Norris is the best dentist in the world. I have traveled and worked all around the world and one of the great things I looked forward to moving back to Vancouver was getting my teeth looked after by Dr. Norris. He is excellent. Expert knowledge, great empathy, great guy. He has a very detailed but understandable manner in describing your treatment options. Has expertise in advanced options that other dentists never made me aware of. If you want to have all of the scientific information available when you make decisions about your teeth then I suggest that you go see Dr. Norris.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Dr. Norris doesn't make the choices for me, he gives me the knowledge I need to make decisions for myself. He is kind and respectful and never takes my business for granted. He is the best dentist I have ever had and I am glad that he is teaching at UBC.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

Fantastic Dentist. Friendly, compassionate. You can really tell he cares.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

I find the thoroughness and top notch care I receive from Dr Noriss and his staff to be outstanding and I am comforted knowing I am in good hands.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015