Ratings for Dr. Eric Estey

Dr Estey Thanks for your kind and caring professionalism during my time of uncertainty. You and your surgical team are the best. Julie is always so nice (Excellent job) I will never forget.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

I have tremendous respect for Dr Estey and his entire team. Dr Estey was thorough in his explanations and responded to my follow up questions with quick responses. He was very matter of fact and did not sugar coat information and was clear in explaining surgery risks and a range of possible outcomes. His assistant Julie was excellent and timely in getting back to me or having Dr Estey respond. His surgical team including Dr Patel were also very helpful during and immediately following surgery. Dr Estey is a skillful surgeon with excellent communication skills and is a very compassionate individual.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2018

Dr. Estey has been seeing me for 2 years since my PSA started to rise. started watchful waiting first then a biopsy then prostate surgery. throughout the whole time Dr E explained everything clearly and answered all my questions in a practical and professional way. He has surrounded himself with a great team especially Julie who answered many questions and was very helpful throughout my journey. I cannot say enough about Dr. E and his team. Alberta is truly blessed to have him practising here.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

As a result of my experience following prostate surgery of having a medical team that was afraid to come to my bedside and talk to me about my surgery and offer to answer questions, I now ask before surgery: Will some member of the medical team have the courage to come to my bedside and speak to me face to face after surgery regardless of what happens during the surgery? Will I be told if something happened that might cause problems in the future? If something happens that is unusual is there someone in the province with the knowledge and diagnostic skills to be able to identify the problem and long term prognosis? Will I be left on my own to find out about negative out comes and to learn the life changing issues? If there are things done during the surgery that require some form of rehabilitation treatmetns or activities will I be advised of these?

flag | Submitted February 4, 2018

We are very impressed with Dr. Estey and his team, and I would like to share my story :). I had gone in for ‘regular’ check-ups for the last 5 years or so and monitoring my PSA levels was part of that. (I’m a healthy 54 year old male). The numbers we low and steady for years until last year when there was a jump. Dr. Estey suggested I have a biopsy done just to see what’s going on, we agreed. He didn’t perform the biopsy but he explained the process to me in detail, as well as what to expect for the recovery period. He was right on the money with everything and that made me feel very comfortable as I knew exactly what was going to happen. I took the day after the biopsy off work and I’m glad I did because even though the pain was easily tolerable, it was best just to lay low for a day. The results came back quickly with 4 of 10 samples showing cancer. Dr.Estey shared many options with us, radiation, chemo, surgery, and because it was early stage he also gave me the option of just monitoring the levels and see what happens. What we liked is he didn’t push one option or another. He set up the referral at the Cross, and he asked us to consider all the options for a few days. We decided on surgery that night and I called the Cross to cancel the referral so the time spot could be freed up for someone else…then I called his office to let them know. I had never had any type of surgery before and I was a little apprehensive (to say the least), however Dr. Estey and his fantastic team made me feel as comfortable as they could. Their bedside manor really made a difference and that caring attitude was consistent from one team member to the other. While I was being rolled into the O.R. one of his assistants was standing by the door, Dr. Patel, he recognised me first as he used to be my family doctor. By this time I no longer had any apprehension at all, I felt at ease and I knew I was clearly in the “best hands” possible. After the surgery Dr. Estey met with my wife while I was still in the recovery room, he let her know everything went well with no complications. I greatly appreciated him letting her know this that quickly, as it made her feel relaxed that all was good. He also let her know what the next steps are, what to expect and what to watch for. Dr. Estey came in to see me personally the next morning and he let me know how well it went and what to expect the next couple days. Within 3 days I was home and we had a full understanding of what to expect and what to do. Even with all that information we still needed to call his office about a few things and Julie (his secretary) was very helpful and patient with us. If she didn’t have the answer she would get it for us…and it often felt like mere minuets and she was calling us back with the answer. Follow-up visits with him were always informative and he answered all our questions, he never made me feel rushed when we wanted to talk over things. At first the diagnoses was shocking, scary and completely unexpected. Dr.Estey leads a team that are as professional as he is, and they all maintained a genuine and consistent “bedside manor” that I have never experienced before or since. He has surrounded himself with a great bunch of people and I just wish I knew everyone’s name…… as they all deserve our thanks. Dave

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Dr. Estey and his staff are amazing. Especially dealing with a touchy subject as adult circumcision. He quickly diagnosed me with phimosis (tight fore skin) and recommended a circumcision. He didn't waste any time wanting to try other time wasting remedies. Even though i cringed at the thought, Dr. Estey reassured me that the surgery sounded worse than it was. And he was right. I highly recommend Dr Estey.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2017

Could not have a better Urologist. Fixes you up good. Easy to talk with and very thorough. Rating should be excellent plus.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

I have seen Dr. Estey twice, once for a consultation and the second time when he performed my cystoscopy. Both times I was pleasantly surprised at how personable he was considering my experience with other specialists. He immediately made me feel comfortable and addressed all of my question and concerns with the utmost care and consideration. He is one of the most outstanding medical professionals I have encountered. The cystoscopy was done quickly with relatively little pain or discomfort and he took the time to talk to me during and after the procedure without rushing to his next patient.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

This last patient experienced the same Dr. I did. He would not come near my bed after surgery, discharged me with out providing any information or opportunity to ask questions and at the first follow up visit made it clear that he thought I should have been happy with being neglected and ignored. I also had the nerve that controlled erections removed simply because of my age and there was not medical or surgical reasons given and no explanation as to why this was done other than that he decided to do so.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

I asked this Dr. if it was normal practise to inform some one on the phone that there that test results came back positive. He flew off the handle saying how offended he was, that I should ask, and listed all his exp., said I could go to any one of theses other dr.s if I wanted to be babied.In all his ranting, he did explain that, the reason he did this was so patients can begin to come to grips with there condition, before the appt. Which I totally understand. He simply could of said " It has been my experience that etc." in a calm manner I would have understood and agreed with him. Maybe he was having a bad day. I don't know. On my next visit to my Dr. I was asked if I wanted to continue with Dr. Estay. I said no thanks. This was before the Brachytherapy . As a result I never any follow up after the operation with any Urologist. He was the Dr. who got paid for all of this, as I saw his name on the order after the operation, while in recovery. So the least he could of done was his do dil. and ref. me or my Dr. to my new Urologist. I do believe he is a good Dr.

Submitted August 26, 2017