Ratings for Dr. Eric Estey

Could not have a better Urologist. Fixes you up good. Easy to talk with and very thorough. Rating should be excellent plus.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

I have seen Dr. Estey twice, once for a consultation and the second time when he performed my cystoscopy. Both times I was pleasantly surprised at how personable he was considering my experience with other specialists. He immediately made me feel comfortable and addressed all of my question and concerns with the utmost care and consideration. He is one of the most outstanding medical professionals I have encountered. The cystoscopy was done quickly with relatively little pain or discomfort and he took the time to talk to me during and after the procedure without rushing to his next patient.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

This last patient experienced the same Dr. I did. He would not come near my bed after surgery, discharged me with out providing any information or opportunity to ask questions and at the first follow up visit made it clear that he thought I should have been happy with being neglected and ignored. I also had the nerve that controlled erections removed simply because of my age and there was not medical or surgical reasons given and no explanation as to why this was done other than that he decided to do so.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

I asked this Dr. if it was normal practise to inform some one on the phone that there that test results came back positive. He flew off the handle saying how offended he was, that I should ask, and listed all his exp., said I could go to any one of theses other dr.s if I wanted to be babied.In all his ranting, he did explain that, the reason he did this was so patients can begin to come to grips with there condition, before the appt. Which I totally understand. He simply could of said " It has been my experience that etc." in a calm manner I would have understood and agreed with him. Maybe he was having a bad day. I don't know. On my next visit to my Dr. I was asked if I wanted to continue with Dr. Estay. I said no thanks. This was before the Brachytherapy . As a result I never any follow up after the operation with any Urologist. He was the Dr. who got paid for all of this, as I saw his name on the order after the operation, while in recovery. So the least he could of done was his do dil. and ref. me or my Dr. to my new Urologist. I do believe he is a good Dr.

Submitted August 26, 2017

Dr. Estey and his team were excellent. I was given all the information I required to make my descision between radiation and surgery. I knew going in what would be done and what my recovery would entail. Fortunately my cancer was limited to the prostrate and further treatment will not be needed. Dr. Estey has arranged for follow up thru another urologist who is located closer to my town.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

DR. Estay is my Urologist when I was diagnosed with prostate cancer i read all i could about it. He explained all that was about to happen and was pleased that i knew alot about the cancer. My cancer had a very high PSA score, he did a nerve sparing operation on me at my request. By Dec i underwent 30 Radiation Treatments which worked for a good while. When my PSA score rose again i was put on Hormone Therapy which i still am on as it works great for me. I was operated on at age 54 and i am 68 now and still doing great. He is my Gaurdian Angel

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Dr. Estey has been great. He is friendly and on time, professional and caring. He has done a cystoscopy and prostate removal on me and I am very pleased that I chose Dr. Estey to walk me through a difficult time in my life. I have been seeing him for about 1.5 years now and cannot think of anything about his practice or staff that is not first-rate.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

Very professional. Great communication. Cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

I wish I had had communication and information offered post surgery. The only thing I was told, and this was while I was still groggy from the anaesthetic and not able to ask questions, was "Given your age I decided to take the nerve that controlled erections." . After that all mermbers of the medical team ignored me eventhough they came into the room and talked to the two younger patients. It seems like a drastic thing to do, with no medical reason to do so. Perhaps that is why it seemed that all medical personnel were afraid to approach my bedisde and provide information or an opportunity to ask questions. To this day I have never been given an explanatin as to why my age resulted in such a drastic action. Perhaps my age was also the reason I was given no information prior to discharge . I have continued to try to get answers to no avail. I have continued to have flow issues with a drastic reduction in flow and once again the only explanation I have been given is my age. Funny that my age suddenly became a major factor and the only diagnostic procedures seemed to be checking for bloackage which was not an issue. I did ask about other things related to having had the nerve removed but got little in the way of information so have had to learn as the years go by. Those who have been treated with respect and caring and given information are most fortunate,

Submitted October 4, 2016

I had a da Vinci robotic laparoscopic prostatectomy. The surgery was fully explained, well executed and post op follow-up was excellent! The whole surgical team was approachable, helpful and, most importantly, "human". The final pathology report shows me to be clear of all cancerous tissue; no follow-up treatment required. Thank you to all involved!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016