I am leaving Dr. Payne's office now and I felt obliged to send in a comment. He is an extraordinary thyroid cancer doctor. The past 4 months have been a roller coaster. Dr. Payne was always available to help me and reassure me. He took the time to listen to me. He responded to my phone calls. I knew that I had thyroid cancer before seeing him, but did not like my other doctor so I asked around and found Dr. Richard Payne. During the workup for my cancer he discovered that it had spread. He was honest with me and addressed my concerns and took me to surgery without significant delay. My results are back and the cancer is completely gone. Dr. Payne went above and beyond my expectations. He is skilled with a scalpel and at taking care of people with malignant cancer. Thank you for saving my life Dr. Payne....DK

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

Incredible bedside manner and skill. He makes you feel at ease.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

I called to ask questions about an upcoming biopsy and the person who answered the call was not helpful and rude! He is a great doctor but he needs to get people with empathy!

Submitted January 18, 2016

Merci Dr Payne. Vous êtes un médecin de talent. J'ai subit une thyroidectomie avec le Dr Payne et l'opération s'est très bien passée. Je me sens revivre à nouveau maintenant. Il a toujours été rassurant et ouvert à répondre aux questions. Dr Payne, you are the best!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

Simply the Best. Thank you for everything you did for me.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

Medecin consciencieux, empathique, très compétent, il répond aux questions, explique patiemment. Une vraie chance de l'avoir comme spécialiste. Il sait avoir le sens de l'humour et dédramatise la situation tout en étant précis et prudent durant le test, si on est nerveux. Un excellent modèle pour les internes.merci! Il me suit depuis 5 ans. Il a tout ma confiance. P'´pon est nerveux.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

UNBELIEVABLE doctor ! Pay attention to this: I am neither a fan of Quebec's medical system of caring for its citizens, nor am I impressed by its community of doctors who can't diagnose a simple cold. But this Doctor is an incredible discovery ! He is empathetic, he listens and tries to pick up on ALL the evidence that the patient communicates verbally as well as the tests taken. He is precise and he cares enough not to reach conclusions. Excellent doctor and incredible human. Too bad the McGill and tge Univ.of Montreal Medical Schools don't use Dr.Payne as a "template" on how to be a doctor and how to inter-relate with his patients and his staff.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

Amazing ent. He is my hero. So knowledgeable and sweet. The best in Montreal by far!. He was the only one out of 6 different doctors that was able to help me and gave me accurate information.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

Dr. Richard Payne's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am leaving Dr. Payne's office now and I felt obliged to send in a comment. He is an extraordinary thyroid cancer doctor. The past 4 months have been a roller ..."

February 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Incredible bedside manner and skill. He makes you feel at ease. "

January 19, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I called to ask questions about an upcoming biopsy and the person who answered the call was not helpful and rude! He is a great doctor but he needs to get peop..."

January 18, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Merci Dr Payne. Vous êtes un médecin de talent. J'ai subit une thyroidectomie avec le Dr Payne et l'opération s'est très bien passée. Je me sens revivre à nouve..."

December 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Simply the Best. Thank you for everything you did for me. "

November 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Medecin consciencieux, empathique, très compétent, il répond aux questions, explique patiemment. Une vraie chance de l'avoir comme spécialiste. Il sait avoir le..."

November 12, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "UNBELIEVABLE doctor ! Pay attention to this: I am neither a fan of Quebec's medical system of caring for its citizens, nor am I impressed by its community of ..."

November 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Doctors everywhere should model themselves after Dr. Payne. Competent, efficient, compassionate and always available. One in a million!"

September 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing ent. He is my hero. So knowledgeable and sweet. The best in Montreal by far!. He was the only one out of 6 different doctors that was able to help me an..."

July 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best doctor ever. Very caring. I had a partial thyroidectomy which he did an amazing job on and the scar is barely noticeable. "

June 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thank you, Dr. Richard Payne. Caring and understanding. Passionate and honest. "

May 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This doctor is caring and smart. He knows his stuff. He takes time to talk to you. The best in Montreal."

February 13, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I had my surgery in november 2013 ,diagnosed with a malign cancer .Dr Payne is an angel ,he gave my live back ,he gave me hope to continue to live!!!!!Thank yo..."

January 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Payne is a very good surgeon with incredible people skills . He removed half my thyroid as results came back inconclusive . Thank goodness tumour was not ca..."

December 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing doctor and human being. Always seemed to be in control and know what to do for my thyroid cancer. Incredible. The BEST!!!!!"

October 15, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "He is a great and kind doctor. Answered my many many questions. He was a bit too eager to take out my whole thyroid, I had only a tumour on the right side. In c..."

October 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Richard Payne is an incredible surgeon. As an anxious patient with a thyroid tumor I decided to shop around for the best. I saw several local thyroid surgeo..."

October 6, 2014