Ratings for Dr. Graham D. Reid

I found Dr Reid to be frightening. He was my mother's rheumatologist for decades. She started seeing him since he first became a rheumatologist and she used to rave about how helpful and conscientious he was. However, he became rude and cruel so I had to come to her appts with her. Eventually I had to have her change doctors. This was a several years ago. My mother was fortunate at the time that she had a caring and competent family doctor and me to advocate for her which ended up saving her life.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Reid for approx 15yrs had seen a different Rheumatologist and all he did was tell me how much my chemo treatments cost. Went to see Dr Reid and he immediately got Xrays done and discovered that my right wrist was in bad shape and immediately got me in for surgery for it. Then he discovered over time that my left shoulder was just as bad and he got me into see Dr Regan who then replaced my shoulder. I'm have been so lucky to have such great Dr's.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

Thank you Dr. Reid for finding a solution to my ongoing ailments, where no other doctor could.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

I have also been seeing Dr Reid for over 20 years. For the past 8 years my RA has been in remission, luckily for me, but now it has reappeared. Seeing Dr. Reid again after this long hiatus was like seeing an old friend again. I have nothing but positive comments about him. I agree with the previous reviewer that you are very fortunate if you are referred to him.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Dr. Graham Reid has helped me for almost 20 years. I've seen scores of doctors in my time, having been through cancer and other doctor-intensive treatments. And Dr. Reid is 20 out of 10. He's always professional, easy to talk to, puts you at your ease, cares about the whole person, is always well prepared, and talks in plain language about all aspects of the injury or illness, and the courses of action one can take. I highly recommend him. When I read some of the reviews on this site (the very few that are negative and unkind about him), I could only think that these individuals took things that should not be taken personally in a personal way -- or interpreted the doctor's words in a way that was not intended. Each of us plays a part in how we perceive the world and also how we feel we are perceived. It's best to take things at face value and not to read in other meanings that are not intended. If you are lucky enough to be referred to Dr. Reid for your rheumatology concerns, you are in luck and in top notch care. You will meet an exceptional doctor who is caring, compassionate, realistic, clear, concise, experienced, professional and respectful. Linnea, who has worked for Dr. Reid for years, is also absolutely terrific, helpful, warm, welcoming, empathetic, quick, professional and encouraging. This is how medical care should always be practised. Thank you, Dr. Reid and Linnea for your excellent and professional and kind care over the two decades I have been a patient. I am grateful.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

I am not one to typically write reviews - good or bad - but I recently had a really terrible experience with Dr. Reid. During my previous two visits, I found him to be pleasant but during this visit, he was not only incredibly rude and dismissive of my pain, he was also patronizing and lacked tact. He was not open to what I had to say and I left speechless and in tears. I would not recommend seeing him if you are seeking a true doctor-patient relationship.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

Through my years withRA I have seen a few specialists with the same old routine, give you a pill or needle if that doesn't work onto the next not taking time to find a possible root connection to your problem outside of RA. Dr Reid is professional, knowledgeable, compassionate , he is not a pill pusher grasping at straws and feeding his patience poison without trying to understand their disease first. He wants to work with his patients, the patient needs to take responsibility for their disease also, not just expect a pill will cure them, trust me I have been crippled up and deformed for 26 years ,as severe as most of you out there with this damned disease. Dr Reid will not sugar coat things like a lot of people want, he does his job and cares about working with patients that want to work with him. If you want results and take reponsibility to help yourself ,work with Dr Reid and you will have results. I am fortunate to have met this man. Vivian Hupe Sechelt BC

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

I'm an RMT in waiting (haven't passed my board exam yet) and I feel incredibly lucky to have been put on a track towards healing, thanks to this doctor. You just have to be open and honest which is hard to do when your sick. Thank you dr. Reid.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

Possibly the rudest, least helpful doctor I have ever seen. He was dismissive, abrupt and seemed annoyed and exasperated from the moment the appointment started. I was dumbstruck by his unpleasant manner and snarkiness. I actually stopped talking because I was afraid I would either break down in tears or tell him in a most graphic way what an ***hole he was. I didn't think either would be particularly useful. I wanted to walk out after the first 10 minutes but felt compelled to complete the appointment. I should have left. The ensuing physical exam was rough and unpleasant. I felt abused by the whole experience .

flag | Submitted January 1, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Reid for about 4 years now. It is because of him that I am able to walk and use my hands. He was the first doctor who actually believed my pain was real. His manner may come off as disinterest until you realize that he is actually observing you from several different vantage points. He takes great care reading body and facial cues. Our first visit I noticed him gazing out the window. What I realized half way through the appointment was that he was watching me in the reflection in the window. It wasn't disinterest in what I was saying but him watching my reactions to his questions. From that he gained a better sense of my postures and tells that my body gave away that I wasn't able to get out verbally. I have NEVER felt rushed. He has always been extremely professional and caring. He has a dry sense of humor that maybe some don't get but he is an incredible doctor who really cares. I can't thank him enough for giving me my life back.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014