Ratings for Dr. Olivia Kei

I actually had to sit in her office arguing about the fact she had not prescribed me a certain medication. She basically called me a liar and said she did prescribe it to me, when she hadn't. After 20 minutes she finally realized it was a different patient of hers. Also I needed a medical report done for benefits and she put down false information about me. I have no idea where she got what she wrote. It's as if she has no idea who I am or even cares enough to review my file. Which she would have time since I'm always late. I've been really sick with an bladder infection for about a month now because I don't feel comfortable seeing my own doctor, who I might add I pay a ton of money for. I now have an inner ear infection as well and I'm looking up emergency wait times at hospitals instead of going to see her. Something is very wrong with that.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

I like Dr. Kei. She is a very kind person who cares about her patients. I had a miscarriage couple years ago. She had done a lot to follow up and provided emotional support. I would like to thank her! Not so many caring doctors around in Toronto. She always tries her best to keep schedule. I never have to wait very long for my appointment. The staff are friendly and helpful. I feel sad that Dr. Kei is leaving Toronto. I wish her best wherever she goes.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011

She tries to help but is not knowledgeable. I always feel that she does not know much about medicine. She is a nice person though.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2010

I guess, I was lucky - the front receptionists are always very nice to me. I went though the pregnancy and postpartum period with Dr. Kei and her staff, I had various issues. They are very supportive and helpfull. I had the great care. And Dr. Kei is always ON-TIME. Indeed she does not chat for 30 min, becouse she wants to be on-time with the next patient... I think 15 min is really enough to discuss, there are other places around for people to chat, not the doctors offices. I had to drop-in twice without the appointment and Dr. Kei found the time for me within an hour.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2009

The receptionists are horrible. My insurance company requested confirmation of some dates that I had been to visit Dr Kei. So I called her office. Moe answered and she said "Seriously?, you want me to sit here and look that up?" I was instantly offended so asked to speak to someone else. I waited on hold and after 8 minutes hung up. I called back and they didnt answer. The 3rd time Melanie answered and told me she had patients to take care of and phone calls to answer so couldnt help. I said I understood and would she call me back sometime this week with the info. She said no! She didnt have any time to do that! I know that is a lie because I have been there enough to know that they have the time to chat and whisper with each other. Come on, 1 week isnt enough time to look up a few dates? After taking more attitude from them they eventually agreed to call me back. We'll see if they actually bother or not. I like Dr Kei but the receptionists have issues. Good doctor, TERRIBLE support.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2009

The whole office is short on organizational skills and functions like a three-ring circus -- minus the ringmaster. Patients who show up without appointments queue-jump if they can, the front desk people flub appointment and various other data, while the doctor responds to the stress of juggling her responsibilities with those usually delegated to support staff by folding up her professionalism like a tent and venting her irritation on the circus attendee -- I mean, patient -- rather than dealing directly with the root cause or causes and eliminating them. This doctor does manage her own time well, however, and is both knowledgeable and helpful as regards the science of medicine. But to funciton proficiently as a primary care physician, she now needs to further develop her skills.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009

Dr. Kei is a fantastic family doctor with my best interests in mind. She is very punctual and respectful of my needs. I value her professionalism and approach to preventative health care. As far as some of the other posted comments regarding user-fees, many fees her office charges are not covered by OHIP -you'll find the same reasonable fees at any other doctor's office.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2009

I like Dr. Kei. I think because she is close to my age I can relate to her. She definitely cares about my overall wellbeing, and sees me as a whole person, not a receptacle for prescriptions.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2009

she never examined me or even asked serious questions...she just keep prescribing me Tylenol 3 for Hemmoroids. I eventually ended up having a surgery. She is not very experienced.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2009

1. The worst staff I have ever encountered in my life (so rude!) 2. Try getting an appointment when you have an urgent problem that needs to be looked after (good luck!) 3. The charge for the dumbest things 4. You tell her you went to a walk-in clinic - her response - why wouldnt you come to me (if i got an appointment - maybe) 5. I really have no issue with the doctor (aside from: her seeing you for a max. of 5 mins.; not always helpful or resourcesful; and not really tending to the problems you are there for) 6. I'm switching doctors!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009