Ratings for Dr. Elena Somska

I went to Dr.Somska for a number of years and really like her, as a person. I finally left, reluctantly, because I really did like her, but the wait times were getting longer and longer, she was taking more and more time off and Peter was just too rude. It was terrible to wait to see her for over an hour some days and then be rushed out in five minutes because she was so busy. Peter, sometimes, came in, interrupted us, to tell her somebody fro the nursing home was waiting....not even a patient! I had several physicals that were over and done with in five minutes...not exactly thorough and did nothing to instill trust. She was taking more and more vacations, with no advance warning or no backup. Peter and I hot along fairly well but I witnessed his obnoxious behaviour towards other patients. Unacceptable. In fact, some of the comments here are being too easy on him. I stayed as long as I did becasue I thought it would be impossible to find another doctor. But it didn't take me long and it wasn't at all hard. I put up with all that for too long and for nothing.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

Dr. Somska is very pleasant and understanding person but not very knowledgeable. She is always on the go so I am always rushed out of her office. It is pointless to make an appointment because the waiting time is always more than one hour pass the scheduled appointment. With the exception of X ray and Ultrasound place located right in the building the locations where she sends the patients for various tests are outdated with bad service.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

I have been going to dr Somska for about 4 years. Never been sick very much until recently. She diagnozed me correctly but gave me a wrong prescription....so i lost a critical window of opportunity to heal it quickly and completely. Now i am faced with very long procedures and devastating sickness for a long time. Even with the sympyoms she dismissed it as not being a proof of sickness....and the symptoms are a total proof....she was almost pushing me from her office because she had a lot of people waiting.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

Mrs.Dr.Somska is very nice and kind, but receptionist is always moody and not kind and professional ...hard to rich , no answer and nowhere to leave a message, office always closed!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

I've been going there for 8 years. I'm transferring out now. Never once they were on time. Appointments don't mean anything. Always ended up waiting for 45 min. sometimes an hour. I always felt that I'm being rushed from there. Never once I was able to tell her everything that I needed to. In august she politely kicked me out. She said she is too busy and there is too many people waiting. She told me to make another appointment. Her husband is rude, everytime I needed to schedule an appointment over the phone he sounded very annoyed. He walked in twice on me while the doctor was examining me.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014

I started going to Dr. Somska when I turned 16yrs (like 22yrs ago!). I think she's an amazing Dr and treated me like her own daughter though I'm of Caribbean decent. She was patient, caring and well educated. Never misdiagnosed me, never made me feel silly for my questions/concerns. I'm shocked that everyone seems to have had the same experience with her husband/receptionist though. I always simply thought it was just me! He is condescending, rude and harsh which is not acceptable in an industry that must be compassionate and accommodating. I'm going to share this link with him in hopes that he shapes up. It would be devastating to lose such an amazing physician for something that can easily be corrected!!!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

I had been a patient of Dr. Somska for 15 years and find her knowledgeable, kind and helpful. The problems are: excessively long waiting times (sometimes an hour!) and the receptionist. Also, in order to find out results of any outside tests, you must make an appointment to review them, which means more waiting and dealings with rude, obstinate and simply unprofessional receptionist, who happens to be the doctor's husband.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2013

ive been seeing dr somska for over 10 years and although she is a very nice person, i find her absence is exessive, as long as you dont have a serious problem - you are ok. Her husband is a hit or miss, you are lucky to catch him in a good mood. Unfortunately my experiences are declining. :(

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

Ditto on pretty much all the other comments on this page. I have always found Dr. Somska very friendly, knowledgeable. I have never felt rushed by her. On the other hand....I too found her husband (receptionist) to be very rude, condescending and abrupt which is the exact reason why I stopped going to see Dr. Somska. Which is unfortunate because I found her to be so pleasant.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2011

Was wondering if the doctor knows how her secretary, her husband is very much dislike by a lot of patients due to his rudeness to patients. Does Peter realize that he charges every service through OHIP and as patients, we are entitled to service as tax payer. They are not on time with the appointments, I know my appointment time, and the door is still closed with the lights on. If we, patients, knock at the he will rudely treat us. He is a problem to us. I wish the doctor will have another secretary, not her husband,and maybe a lot of patients who changed doctors will come back to her. Dr. Somska should know, that some of her patients moved to another doctor with better secretary, not like RUDE Peter.Be Professional and get educated pls. You are serving medical field, be nice to patients and people.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2010